Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Being A Mary Kay Consultant - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Being A Mary Kay Consultant (1730 Views)

No Job? No Skill? No Problem - Become A Small Business Consultant Today / Stern And Kay Hospitality Open Course Training / All About The Much Talked About Kay's Events And Decorations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Mary Kay Consultant by ghettochyk(f): 2:09am On Apr 06, 2007
any NL ladies (or guys) a Mary Kay consultant? what is your view on the business? i know too many ladies trying to recruit me as a consultant and sometimes it feels like they are breathing up on my space bombarding me with phone calls to come to this and that meeting, i'm skeptical about joining and if i wanna be a business lady, i wud do it where i'd make the whole income, not commission or from selling make up. undecided
i'm even more reluctant after the research i did on it tonight, i found many negatives and the only people i saw promoting it was Mary Kay itself. i'mma put up a link to what i found.
anyways, my question is:
are you a consultant?
IF YES: did you feel pressured into joining?
is it what you expected it to be?
do you regret it?
would you do it all over again?
would you recommend it?
also feel free to share you experiences with MK.

IF YOU ARE NOT A CONSULTANT:
have you ever been pressure into joining?
are you considering joining?
Re: Being A Mary Kay Consultant by Ndipe(m): 2:55am On Apr 06, 2007
Look before you leap. Dont join that group. Some of the sales consultants have written their life experiences on blogs. Google it, and also look for more information on Mary Kay on Wikipedia.
Re: Being A Mary Kay Consultant by ghettochyk(f): 3:02am On Apr 06, 2007
yes, i wondered: if it's that good, why aint everybody doing it? *hiss*

anyways, i can't leap, if i'm actually gonna be a "business woman" like they claim, it aint going be working for someone and getting commission. you should see all these Naija women in MD/DC. it's makes them so happy and feel like they belong. it's nice that it boosts some women's confidence, but i aint particularly interested in it anyways. i think their products are over-priced for no reason and are actually inferior to the ones i use. if the consultants can't convince me to buy it and if i dont believe the products are worth the prices dat are being presented, i dont know how i'm gonna convince somebody else to believe what I don't believe.
Re: Being A Mary Kay Consultant by Agbo2(m): 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2007
Though ur post was April, but I still wanna say somtin abt it
There's this friend of mine in the states she wouldnt give me a breathing space over Mary Kay products.
She sent me a mail brandishing a 2006 Montero she got from Mary Kay for being in d biz 4 just 4 months.
It's all bullshit for all I care, those into it dat I know are mostly pple who just needed to get somtin doing.
You're sure busier than that!

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To GTB- Someone Please Warn GTB (guaranty Trust Bank) Managements / 10 Things I Hope To Do In The Next Few Years! / How Do I Get A Job As A Radio Presenter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.