Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work (5848 Views)

Do U Have Kids? Or Work With Kids? Discover D Benefits Of Entertainment 4 Kids / Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse / Extended Family Or Nuclear Family, Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2010
sayso:

no matter how had a man works,he should give the wify a nice butty work for at least 2hrs a week,that will do for the woman unless she is greedy knowing fully well how had the man works or is there a woman plugging her switch in the network to become the route bridge?either way @ poster do your duty with lots of love and see if the access list is well configured to the router.

And upgrading the devices with the latest IOS  grin but you talk true there. while it is HARD for a working man (in today's Nigeria) to keep up with family matters, it is necessary to sometimes pause especially Friday nights/weekends to sama the congo well. Women hardly complain until they get suspicious and anxious due to your long nights (after all other husbands who work hard are coming home to mama) Work-Life Balance is easy to say but hard to do, we try our best though
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Anabel(f): 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
Mr Anus and Dami, you don't need to get urselves insulted on this issue, thanks everyone, the message is been passed across, thanks for being there.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by omofat: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2010
We all need to learn the lesson of the five balls:

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. They are work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of them in the air.

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls- family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these; they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for it.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by yme1(f): 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
both are very important
without the job you cant take proper care of the family
so to be on the safe side you need to balance both
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by jaybee3(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2010
Family comes first but then again why choose between 2 important things?
surely we can always work something out tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by sayso: 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

And upgrading the devices with the latest IOS  grin but you talk true there. while it is HARD for a working man (in today's Nigeria) to keep up with family matters, it is necessary to sometimes pause especially Friday nights/weekends to sama the congo well. Women hardly complain until they get suspicious and anxious due to your long nights (after all other husbands who work hard are coming home to mama) Work-Life Balance is easy to say but hard to do, we try our best though

bros for me after a week hard work,early Saturday morning madam must sing in tongues for at least  1hr  and small mama on Sunday before heading to the field and she is always happy.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by deniyor: 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
@poster
Get a job and contribute to the household GDP. That way you can ease the household money burdens and he can work less. If he refuses to work less after you start contributing to the house, he is either really greedy, or just avoiding you big time.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by forkinsonlolo(m): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2010
@poster, family of course shocked, because u get back to the family if u get fired from work
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by bodsibobo(m): 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2010
Would you rather he resigns and stays at home with you so he can be seeing your face 24/7?

Ma Sista, it's the work that will guarantee a happy family o; at least he spends Saturdays and Sundays with the family!!
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by oloritinu: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2010
both
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by kobikwelu(m): 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2010
^^^^^

you took the words outta my mouth
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2010
omo~fat:

We all need to learn the lesson of the five balls:

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. They are work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of them in the air.

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls- family, health, friends and [b]spirit [/b]are made of glass. If you drop one of these; they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for it.

yeah i like the lessons of the five balls but , hey its not spirit but integrity .
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2010
You should be grateful that you have a hardworking husband. I know a lot of women who complain about lazy husband.

I used to work in lagos and I kid you not its was hell.

I wake up at 4:15am to get dressed for wwork I wake up that early to avoid traffic. I also leave work at 10 after traffic has gone down and get hom by 11.

Then you try to squeeze sleep in those 5 hrs, How can one have time for any wife in the scenario? WHen I first started and used to live in the BQ of my parents house, I dont see my folks who live in the main building till weekend, I dont even know what the area looks like again.

Some time I have to work Saturday and if we have a very crazy deadline we are lodged in a hotel so you can work non stop.

Be gre=ateful you have a husband who works, pls dont nag him at all because he is at the end of the elastic limit due to the stressful work. Find a way to calm him down on weekend, treat him good and mind blowing sexx would help
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Anabel(f): 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2010
you are right @dayokanu, but i don't nag at him, i understand the stress, and i try to calm down,but this has been going on for 2years now and am just complaining, don't you think i have tried.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Redman44(m): 7:21pm On Jul 13, 2010
@poster, you need to have a heart to heart talk with your husband. I'm not saying he is seeing another woman or cheating on you sad sad but I feel you have to let him know how you feel. Look for a day when he is at home with you and spark up a conversation. Talk to him with love and try to know why he hardly has time for you. Act fast before something bad happens. I wish you the best. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by buzugee(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2010
next time when he comes home after work, ambush him with one of the kitchen knife and tell him to drop his trousers or you will stab him in the buttocks. when he takes his trouser off, inch in closer to him and get on your knees and smell his cawk. if his cawk smells like salmon, you know what to do lorena bobbitt  grin grin grin
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2010
Anabel:

you are right @dayokanu, but i don't nag at him, i understand the stress, and i try to calm down,but this has been going on for 2years now and am just complaining, don't you think i have tried.

You have surely tried one thing you can do is on a Sunday morning after a hot sizzling one, while still on the bed, tell him how much you need him, how great he is and you wish you could do "this" more often. Take the discussion from there
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
Work - to feed family

Family - Gives you reason to live and work
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Markenny(m): 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
is he working on weekend too?`woman and there wahala self.
enjoy most of the time he spent with u.stop complain.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
Mad pple here. @poster, its simple really. Buy a bottle of yoyo bitters, make him take it every nite. Then buy a bottle of alomo for friday nite. Let him drink n sleep. Ship d kids off somewhere on sat morn, then bruise d injuice all day. Believe me as long as there is food, he will be up 4 it.

After dt come here n tell us if u dont suddenly feel happy!

I think d romance is just gone a lil. Spark it up. Do sumtin kinky n crazy. Go lodge in a hotel even!
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2010
Family must always come first.

Sure, the man has to work, but there should be a balance between work and Family life. They're not comparable. It's no use working all the hours God sends, if his family end up miserable, and seldom see him. If he loses his family to work, it would all have been in vain.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by cystein(m): 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
Well, I must tell you the truth, what many men handle is alot. I had the same issues with my wife at first. I was always home tired and always leaving early, she found out she could talk via email and summarize late in the night when in bed. You cant blame your husband because you do not what he is shouldering. however, it is wise to note that a successful man needs a patient and strong hearted wife. This is why I tell her today, no one should be jealous of her because as i was working and spending less time with her many urged her to leave but she declined. Those who spent more time with wives today envy the times we spend together.

A Woman is the pillar of a family while a man is a driver leading them to a destination.

Take it easy.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by sophy09: 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2010
@poster

As far as, he is providing and what he seems to lack is the quality you guys need, the best thing to do is recognize that he is trying very hard to provide and appreciate him for that. Once in a while you can do something different that will make him happy.
To guys out there, I know how it is to try providing for a family and at the same time trying to be the best for your loved ones.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Pafuri(m): 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2010
Whinning, bitching,  bickering, complaining, 'reporting' hubby to NLanders. Another reason not to marry. I love my life-style grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by soarrogant(m): 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2010
both,but job is more important, with money you can get any woman grin grin grin
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by 0hsisi: 4:19am On Jul 14, 2010
@ the poster,let me speak from some experience.
I am married to a man who works very hard.
In the earlier days of marriage,I felt like you do now until I saw that he was doing this for us
It was hard,I understand you especially with young kids to take care of but I supported him.

If you're a housewife,I will advice you to go get a job outside the home
You will not appreciate what it means to be exhausted from work until you do it.
You won't be so needy if you occupy yourself working

Secondly,don't sit him down and talk to him like people have suggested,instead calmly let him know how you feel about his lack of affection or attention and negotiate without nagging.
Nagging will make him pick up more hours at work
Make dinner plans,movie dates and outings that'll help spice things up from the usual
You need it
All men respond to good romance
You will get your man back
Mine still works hard but when he gets home,he knows to make time out for family
You must act wisely and make him see how you feel, do it in a non confrontational manner

lastly if you need someone to talk to,that's what girlfriends are for
Men are not great talkers anyway,even if he were jobless and stayed home all day,he can never talk as much as you want him to.
get a couple of good girlfriends on speed dial.
You must have other good relationships and hobby outside of your marriage
Your life must not revolve around your spouse.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by uyakachi(m): 5:02am On Jul 14, 2010
my family first .always my family then we will be able to work like team
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by cvibe: 5:59am On Jul 14, 2010
@ Poster,

Spice up your relationship and watch the sparks return.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by teekay8(m): 7:56am On Jul 14, 2010
Work and Family?
Family of course!
I guess he should have time on Saturdays and Sundays. grin
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by wales(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2010
I will take Both, for they are both very important to me. Which my family will always come first.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by ladyju(f): 10:17am On Jul 14, 2010
@ poster
my husband is one of the busiest man on earth but he balances all.
I think your husband needs cheaters investigators
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by kaybanwo: 10:20am On Jul 14, 2010
family

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 / PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents / My Mother Is Destroying Our Home With Her Dressing Code.( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.