Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos (33380 Views)

IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos / Gov. Ugwuanyi Offers Scholarship To 340 More IMT Students / IMT: Enugu Govt. Approves N810 Million For Upgrade Of Infrastructure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 8:30am On Oct 06, 2018
A man has taken to social media to cry out for help after securing admission into the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) in Enugu state only to find out the department never existed. This is after paying the required fees and completing the registration. 

Matthew Etopobong Udeme, took to twitter to narrate his ordeal which has seen him waste almost one year without collecting the refund.

He wrote; 

"Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) Enugu gave me HND admission in Mechatronics Engineering, Dec 2017. Following the steps on the website, I completed full payment hoping to start school in January 2018. On getting there, I realized the department does not exist".

"I wrote the first letter asking for a change of department from Mechatronics Engineering to E/E, the school replied that department cannot be changed in HND, leaving me with no other option than to forfeit the admission, stay at home for another one year and seek fresh admission".

"Feb. 2018, I wrote another letter asking for refund of the total money paid (68,500), since the admission did not work. The school rather approved ONLY 40,000. Well, I accepted and kept checking on the cashier so I can get the 40,000".

"Since February till October, cashier keeps saying, "there's no order to pay yet, we're still waiting for the management". The worst was after I relocated with my family from Enugu to Lagos, I travelled back to Enugu just to follow up on this money, still the "no order yet".

"I have already lost so much; - one full year wasted, I'm currently trying to get admission else where. - on the way returning from Enugu, I was attacked, my laptop and phone taken from me. - I've wasted a lot of money going to the school since February to track the progress".

"I call on the authorities to assist me get back my complete money. They say they cannot refund the acceptance fees. What exactly did I accept? Admission into a department that does not exist? Even the 40,000, it's been 8 good months, nothing is coming out. Please help me. Thanks".

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/10/man-cries-out-after-paying-school-fees-only-to-find-out-department-doesnt-exist.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2018
Inconclusive admission.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by Franzinni: 8:42am On Oct 06, 2018
one chance

10 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by tobtap: 8:42am On Oct 06, 2018
Lolzzzz....wat a scam

11 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by lalababy(f): 8:42am On Oct 06, 2018
e undecidede
Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by soke02(m): 8:42am On Oct 06, 2018
Get a lawyer and sue them

169 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by Olalan(m): 8:42am On Oct 06, 2018
Nigeria is just one lawless country where anything goes....

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by Lincoln275(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2018
hmmmm! pele

2 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by YomzzyDBlogger: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2018
This is serious

1 Like

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by classicking(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2018
This one weak me

3 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by excomarow(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2018
Dey don play this One PDP grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by whytepawn1(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2018
This is quite appalling... sorry young man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by sketcherJ(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2018
this is bad when institutions that are supposed to uphold legality and sanity are agents of scam and corruption..

that is why I don't trust these unknown state schools or newly established private ones, you need to shine your eyes well and make your live and online researches before you choose it.

by the way in saner societies, the guy would have sued the school for a big amount of money and he would have won..this Is a clean case..well he can still do that

I hope your money would be refunded man

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by kevoh(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2018
419 University! grin

5 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by NotBeenPaid: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2018

Involve the judiciary. Simple!!!

6 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by Raskasal(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2018
Hmmm. EFCC must hear this.. I before they say thier website was hacked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by TissuePaper: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2018
Sue them fast

6 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by SSPX(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2018
Schools now practice Yahoo. This is Nigeria everybody is a criminal

2 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by sinaj(f): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2018
I think he can make more than 40k and even secure an admission if he can sue the school.

But where will he even get the money to hire a good lawyer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2018
This is Nigeria cheesy

I buy bitcoin and gift card
Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by kunzyomi(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2018
See business!
Get a lawyer (maybe falz papa)

sue them for fraud and ask for like ₦68, 000, 000 in compensation.

9 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2018
K
Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by hyfr(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2018
Get a good lawyer, (SAN) If possible and sue them for 100m

8 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by MrHandsome2013: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2018
BoneBlogger:
A man has taken to social media to cry out for help after securing admission into the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) in Enugu state only to find out the department never existed. This is after paying the required fees and completing the registration. 

Matthew Etopobong Udeme, took to twitter to narrate his ordeal which has seen him waste almost one year without collecting the refund.

He wrote; 

"Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) Enugu gave me HND admission in Mechatronics Engineering, Dec 2017. Following the steps on the website, I completed full payment hoping to start school in January 2018. On getting there, I realized the department does not exist".

"I wrote the first letter asking for a change of department from Mechatronics Engineering to E/E, the school replied that department cannot be changed in HND, leaving me with no other option than to forfeit the admission, stay at home for another one year and seek fresh admission".

"Feb. 2018, I wrote another letter asking for refund of the total money paid (68,500), since the admission did not work. The school rather approved ONLY 40,000. Well, I accepted and kept checking on the cashier so I can get the 40,000".

"Since February till October, cashier keeps saying, "there's no order to pay yet, we're still waiting for the management". The worst was after I relocated with my family from Enugu to Lagos, I travelled back to Enugu just to follow up on this money, still the "no order yet".

"I have already lost so much; - one full year wasted, I'm currently trying to get admission else where. - on the way returning from Enugu, I was attacked, my laptop and phone taken from me. - I've wasted a lot of money going to the school since February to track the progress".

"I call on the authorities to assist me get back my complete money. They say they cannot refund the acceptance fees. What exactly did I accept? Admission into a department that does not exist? Even the 40,000, it's been 8 good months, nothing is coming out. Please help me. Thanks".

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/10/man-cries-out-after-paying-school-fees-only-to-find-out-department-doesnt-exist.html
How old are you
Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by Justdare: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2018
When I read stories like this, I want to give up on this country. A country where you can't seek justice.
The poor boy still thinks he's lost only money and laptop, wait till you find out the value of 365 days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by ehissi(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2018
BoneBlogger:
what an inconclusive admission.

No!! Point of correction, It is not inconclusive, this is Endtime Admission.... grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by dreysneh(m): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2018
One chance ....school grin

2 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2018
He should get a lawyer who'd be ready to work pro bono for now. But if all goes well he can reap a fortune from this.

3 Likes

Re: IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos by abiolert(m): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2018
Its simple get a lawyer and sue them. Your 80k about to become 80 mila .
The truth be told, some HOD doesn't even know the level of stupidity they portray at times. You fraudulently advertised for a program that is non existent, and you admitted someone to the program, he has already payed his acceptance fee and school fee, its now you want to tell him the program doesn't exist. The young man is even begging for a refund when he should be happy that he has hit jackpot. The rector should be arrested, the hod should be locked behind bar without food for 3days, the ICT person in charge should be arrested and hanged. In fact efcc take note.

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? / I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (unn) Post-utme Cut-off Marks For Primary Admissio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.