Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student (33388 Views)

Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader / Daughter, Father Graduate After 5 Years As Law Classmates In University (Video) / Summit University Offa, Kwara (Islamic) In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by DoggoneDogg: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
By Kunle Ojo
Yunus Olarenwaju, father to the female student who was among those brutally flogged in Kwara state, says he supports the school’s action.

On Sunday, a video showing some students of Musbaudeen Al Islamy Arabic School, Ganmo in Ifelodun LGA, being subjected to intense beating had surfaced online.

The students were said to have attended a birthday party and reportedly took alcohol during the outing.

The clip had provoked a wave of backlash on social media, as many Nigerians condemned the handling of the students by the school authorities.

Amid the outrage, the state government had suspended the head of the Islamic school and ordered a probe of the incident.

But in an interview with BBC Pidgin, Olarenwaju said he was the one who requested that his daughter should be punished after he saw a video of her at the birthday party.

“It was my son in Lagos that sent the video of my daughter among boys that were drinking alcoholic drinks inside hotel and the incident really made me sad,” he said.

“I informed the school about the incident and I personally requested that they should give her the appropriate punishment. I also insisted that I must be present when they are carrying out the punishment.”

Olarenwaju said he had known the Islamic school for over 20 years, adding that eight of his children had graduated from the Arabic institution.

The Islamic school had earlier justified the brutal flogging of the students while adding that their actions were un-Islamic.

Source: The Cable

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Helpfromabove1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
We have heard you disciplinarian father , but u should know as a father u have limitations to the extent of maltreatment u can give to a child even if you are the father , u can not destroy a child self esteem and make him or her feel less of an animal in the name of fatherhood. They are other legal was of disciplining a child , as much as I don't support her clubbing I also know support the maltreatment two wrong can not make a right

223 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Davash222(m): 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mental slavery is worse than cancer and AIDS joined together.

God will continue to punish Lord Luggard wherever he is. His soul will never rest in peace.

318 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Sigggy: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
DoggoneDogg you really carry this matter for head ooo
I no come dey trust you again. Whether that girl na your babe tongue

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by centilad(m): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Bola146(f): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Can they do this abroad? Is beating the only solution? No wonder they become terror when they graduate

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Helpfromabove1(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Davash222:
Mental slavery is worse than cancer and AIDS joined together.

God will continue to punish Lord Luggard wherever he is. His soul will never rest in peace.

U can say that again

22 Likes

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by athaboi(f): 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
They are trying hard to justify this evil act...the truth is that Islam accelerates evil! It's like a vehicle to evil and everything disgusting

115 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Tifotif: 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
Afonja Shuttop!!!! How much them give you?
When wil Yoruba people get sense? na so them do vote in buhari to power. Very wicked people. Check my signature Abeg.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by YorubaKinging: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
The end is near

Mohammed self will support it

1 Like

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by elganzar(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Lol

Islam does not favour women...I wonder why feminists can't speak up now grin

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by free2ryhme: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
By Kunle Ojo

Source: The Cable

Ask the father if the Arabic school would dare flog the daughter of a wealthy man even in this manner. grin

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by MangekyoAlt: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nice one folks. As long as you abōki/aphonjas keep it to yourselves in the north, no wahala.

Make una enjoy

7 Likes

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
The students were said to have attended a birthday party and reportedly took alcohol during the outing.
“It was my son in Lagos that sent the video of my daughter among boys that were drinking alcoholic drinks inside hotel and the incident really made me sad,” he said.
What is bad is bad!
This is bad!!

The clip had provoked a wave of backlash on social media, as many Nigerians condemned the handling of the students by the school authorities.
Concerned Nigerians.

The government has also taken the affected students to a public hospital for proper medical examination and treatment. This is to ensure that none of them suffers any physical or psychological damage.
“The government appeals for calm while the committee does its works and submits a report for further action.
Government on top of the situation.

Amid the outrage, the state government had suspended the head of the Islamic school and ordered a probe of the incident.
State Government stepped in.

According to a Twitter user, @EkunStoner, the students were severely beaten because they went to a friend’s birthday party. 
He said pictures of the birthday celebration were posted online. However, their teacher saw the post and thought they drank alcohol.
These Muslim brothers and sister went to celebrate one of their friends on his birthday, so they posted this picture and their Alfa saw it. He thought they drank alcohol, but they only had Yoghurt," he said. 
Hm, another angle to the story.
Nigerians and tales sha!

But in an interview with BBC Pidgin, Olarenwaju said he was the one who requested that his daughter should be punished after he saw a video of her at the birthday party.
The father spoke and justified the action.

“I informed the school about the incident and I personally requested that they should give her the appropriate punishment. I also insisted that I must be present when they are carrying out the punishment.”
Very few fathers will do this.
He justified himself.

Olarenwaju said he had known the Islamic school for over 20 years, adding that eight of his children had graduated from the Arabic institution.
He even vouch for the school.
Tending towards the path that a bad egg should not disgrace his family.

The Islamic school had earlier justified the brutal flogging of the students while adding that their actions were un-Islamic.
Allahu Akbar!

From all of us @[/color] on seeing the video and the images after the beatings : COMMON , that is [color=#990000]too much.
It is just too much.
Haba.
We can't post the pictures of their bare back here,
Cos it is just too graphic mehn.
Sho! shocked

Some people reactions to this case right now.........

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Jackson105: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Tifotif:
When wil Yoruba people get sense? na so them do vote in buhari to power. Very wicked people. Check my signature Abeg.

Maybe when your papa and mama get.

And please go to hell with your useless signature

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by revived: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Okay

All The Best
Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Ekpekus(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
sad
There are ways you treat your children, it becomes a case of the government and not the parents.
Yes, the father supported the treatment but the law is saying something different as this is a case of battery and not discipline.

10 Likes

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by NLPoliceWoman: 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Tifotif:
Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Over to you

7 Likes

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by omoadeleye(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Na their wahala be that,

Use rod and beat a child, the child will not die.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Kadejo(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Imagine
Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Then some parents will wonder what went wrong when they get abandoned by their children.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by GIANTPLUSHUB: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Chai
Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Amspecial: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
grin
Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Emmypure: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Werey, maybe Alfa don tell am wetin to talk.

2 Likes

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Fiscus105(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Even
Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by wunmi590(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2021

Stupid father and stupid teachers with blackheads..

Can you imagine what a stupid father is saying, justifying stupidity and allowing nonsense to come out of his mouth...

So because she drank alcohol, she should be killed with flogging...

11 Likes

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by Naijadaily: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
The father is a mere illiterate;he's forgotten that he's child is also a property of the state.

5 Likes

Re: I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student by jaxxy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
4 to 1 flogging. Idiotic father undecided

Nobody said don’t flog bt the flogging was to much. It was human abuse.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (unn) Post-utme Cut-off Marks For Primary Admissio / 7 Signs A Student Will Succeed In Life Even If He/she Graduates With A Poor CGPA / Unizik 2012/2013 Admission List Is Out,check List Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.