Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,059 members, 7,838,692 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (874300 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
abelorode:

The assertion of having a minimum of 10million as closing balance is okay, but not mandatary. A good inflow and outflow works the magic. A federal Government worker with reasonable pay is suitable in this instance.

Very true to the bolded despite every filed application is a gamble of uncertainty but you should also put into consideration that:

1. A high inflow/outflow with a fairly strong closing balance from a third party sponsorship "could" also not be good.

2. A high inflow/outflow with a fairly strong closing balance from a parent(direct sponsorship) with quite a number of "family composition" could also be considered as insufficient funds.

3. A poor inflow/outflow with a strong closing balance from a third party sponsorship with commitment and lack of proper evidence for such sponsorship could raise an eyebrow likewise a remark of insufficient funds.

4. A poor inflow/outflow with a fairly strong closing balance from a parent(direct sponsorship) without any commitment would serve except in the area of a quite number of family composition.

BTW individual circumstances and family composition matters a lot especially the capacity/strength of the source of funds of the sponsor/self-sponsor when using a fairly strong closing statement of account with a good inflow/outflow. A 8 - 10m in a sponsors account is a fairly strong closing balance and nothing wrong for a prospect applicant's sponsor working towards this sum for a convincing financial sufficiency to a considered least.

In conclusion, not all the time does a good inflow/outflow works the magic, and it would be misleading advising prospect applicants to be reliable on only a "good inflow/outfow." Though on most seldom times, it does work but with meeting other requirement(s) eligibility.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ancy12:

1. The course am going for is call Rov pilot technician which is a 2years program... I made the VO see reasons why I choose such as my major by telling him my first encounter with an Rov equipment and how I developed interest while working on a ship with such equipment, I made him understand that such course is not done in Nigeria and if it was there will be no need for me traveling to get such certificate when I know I can get it here in Nigeria and it's an international certificate. I also make him understand why I pick MUN to study such course which was bcus of how there course outline is planned and the duration as compared to UK and Philippines that offer same course but for a shorter period 3weeks and I don't feel I will become competent in this field if I go for the 3wks program, I also make him to understand how important it is to come back and work in my country bcus the Rov industry is been dominated by foreigner. Also talked about how I will impact and apply what I have learn in my country.
2.the cost of the course is 7118$ CAD for a year so it's very cheap and I have to pay per semester which is half that amount. I have been saving for this course since I contacted the school that was in 2015, I was working and trying to upgrade my self to get my license as a marine Engr and also saving for this particular course bcus I don't have anyone that will give me the money. So I have save for my one year tuition fee and also 12000$ CAD for my one year living expenses....in my personal account I have almost 7+m, so I will say my funds were not been threaten
3. I believe since my tuition fee and my living expenses is less that my balance I will say my financial status is strong.
4. My salary is about 345k and it's a reliable job and am still working with the company.
5, I decided to sponsor myself because my parents don't have such money to sponsor me and I don't want to forge bank statement with their names cuz I know they will verify it. My LOE was very strong bcus like I said earlier I talked about the availability of the country not in my home country, why I must return to work in my country (pay will be in US dollars rate which will be a boost for me as compare to Canada where I will earn in Canadian dollar and spend In Canadian dollar ) the availability of the job due to the fact that foreigners are in positions Nigerians can handle if they have such certificate. Also gave them explanations about how I started from when I finish my ssce, the gaps between my ssce and when I went for other courses (marine related) to enable me upgrade till I get my 3rd Engr license. Told them about my relationship with my fiancee and how we both own a land property worth 4m and also have a joint account worth 700+k.
6. Apart from land property, I use my own family as home ties my mum and siblings and also make them understand that I don't have anyone in Canada and once am done with my studies I will be coming back to get married to my fiancee because that is what we both agreed on. Added our joint account, tenant agreement we made with our landlord because we both stay together in a 3bedroom apartment having my one of my sister leaving with us. We also sworn an affidavit that we are both in a common law union and once am back we would get married.
Kindly go through
Help out if I did anything wrong.

whew!!! I had to relax my back so i can finish the reading.

The explanation is on point, let's just wait for your gcms notes to arrive so we won't be dwelling on assumptions. In that way every knowledgeable folks in here would be able to assist with respective piece of advise/guide.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SeriaBravo: 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hello Guys,

I noticed when I choose Yes as an answer to the question (Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year??), Medical section was displayed as part of the section that am supposed to fill. Am I to leave the medical space empty? I don't plan to do upfront.

Guys, Am I suppose to answer Yes or No? I selected Yes because Nigeria is in the list of designated countries

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by oluwaleokey: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
tobiasbeecher:

Thanks bro, but seriously, she never paid another money for me other than the one she contributed when I was traveling at the initial stage. I hustled and paid all my tuition by myself. When I was applying for the masters in Korea, she provided the SOA, her payslip, her change of name document to prove that we bear the same surname before she got married, her house document, marriage certificate etc. So there is no paper trail to show she paid for my masters. So what do you think about this?

Bros kindly buzz me on elijah.okenwa@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tobiasbeecher: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
Qudkom:

You were initially planning to sponsor yourself right?
I would have loved to but the problem is that I don't have the required money in my SOA. The money there will not be sufficient to sponsor myself. So I was asking if it's possible to use my sister's bearing in mind that I'm now a married man.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
Qudkom:

Sponsored by parents right?

Yea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tjkeyzzz: 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
Good afternoon guys...
I just tried tracking my application and it has changed to "you can go for your processed passport at your vfs center..something like that sha...

Please what does this mean...God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ic3tipz(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
abikhuiehikioya@gmail.com
thanks alot thats my email
Qudkom:
Why don't you provide your email address and we go from there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mykolalekan: 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
my upfront medical has just been updated to pass. submitted online application on the 10th of March, 2019. Biometrics done on the 12th of March 2019.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
Tjkeyzzz:
Good afternoon guys...
I just tried tracking my application and it has changed to "you can go for your processed passport at your vfs center..something like that sha...

It doesn't sound good if you didn't do an upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SeriaBravo: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2019
Can someone help with this?

SeriaBravo:
Hello Guys,

I noticed when I choose Yes as an answer to the question (Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year??), Medical section was displayed as part of the section that am supposed to fill. Am I to leave the medical space empty? I don't plan to do upfront.

Guys, Am I suppose to answer Yes or No? I selected Yes because Nigeria is in the list of designated countries

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2019
It means your passport is ready for collection at vfs
Tjkeyzzz:
Good afternoon guys...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nwugon(f): 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
My sister applied on 20th Feb online, new application, start date is sept 2019, biometrics done on 23rd feb, biometrics updated the same day 23rd. Still waiting and hoping on God.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
Frank.R. I don't undstand merging documents and compressing it and unfortunately I can't access those forms on my computer as I dont have acrobat 11.

For paper route. I learnt I can be given the IMM forms at VFS office and I'll fill the forms there. Is true right ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hi guys, I am in Calgary, landed as a PR in February any student around Calgary or Edmonton could reach out to me. There is a Nigerian association that could be of help and it is nice to build a strong network here.

I wish all aspiring students to Canada success in their application.

Please quote this post or send your contact to ayonaira@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hi guys,
Please help me out. most colleges have stopped accepting applications for fall 2019. can someone help me with one or two that still accepts applications for fall 2019?
thanks for your wonderful response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Download the Request Medical Exam form. Select "Yes" on the form from your computer. Print the form, making sure yes is ticked in the printed document. Scan the print out and upload in the required field.

SeriaBravo:
Can someone help with this?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
BigUgo21:
Hi guys,
Please help me out. most colleges have stopped accepting applications for fall 2019. can someone help me with one or two that still accepts applications for fall 2019?
thanks for your wonderful response

Nova Scotia Community College.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ic3tipz(m): 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
please what are the names of the 6 designated countries I tried finding them out but I couldnt thanks

SeriaBravo:
Hello Guys,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hi guys,

Please just a follow up question...
Is Nigeria in the list of designated countries?
SeriaBravo:
Hello Guys,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
Tjkeyzzz:
Good afternoon guys...

If u havent done your medicals...it doesn't sound good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
Guys passport request just dropped. Details coming soon. I parked to type this. Details later. Super excited! !!!!!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2019
Congrats

Qudkom:
Guys passport request just dropped. Details coming soon. I parked to type this. Details later. Super excited! !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2019
�� This is a good news....
Qudkom:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2019
tobiasbeecher:

I would have loved to but the problem is that I don't have the required money in my SOA. The money there will not be sufficient to sponsor myself. So I was asking if it's possible to use my sister's bearing in mind that I'm now a married man.
Send me your email .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2019
chibertha:
Congrats

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IceTrice01: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2019
JustMellow:

...for a third party sponsorship, I doubt if 7m naira in inclusion with your LE will suffice as other things/requirements are put into consideration:

1. LE of 10k cad equivalent to 3m, 7m - 3m equals 4m setting aside his own family composition and other personal financial reasonableness to cater for, all inside the 7m.

2. lump sum deposit(based on your previous post relating to this continuous correspondence) - a red flag

My advise, work on your:

1. Funds
2. SOP(connect every alphabets by crossing your t's and doting your I'd)
3. Home ties

Thank you very much. Please what do you mean by me crossing my t's and doiting my i's and also home ties too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2019
Congratulations!!!!
Qudkom:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
Good day guru, pls I need help how to tackle refused application. Did I need gcms note before I can write my LOE. Pls I'm trying to reapply for study permit this month.. Pls help me ooooo house. Because of this following reasons
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1013
00621 - Nairobi
Kenya
Application Enquiry: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro￾eng.aspx?m

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.