Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,114 members, 7,838,820 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (874316 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
Awake18:

I submitted on 13th of May
I submitted the next day 14th May... still no counterfoil though... I don tire sha... I feel cic is updating their system or so...which is the reason for the delay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
canadaman18:

Damn ! and counterfoil has still not been issued?

Nothing at all...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2019
You could also raise a Web form. These two are the only means of communication I am aware of.

Kishkosh:

Nice idea . but can such be a tenable reason for want of speedy processing ?
Considering the fact that one can book flight without having a stamped passport .

Like me , I'm to resume in September , but then , I still want an expeditious processing of my passport .

What else can one do @bracha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
Are you still attending UPEI or you’ve got admission to another school. All the best bro!
Hopeful2019:
Hi,

So sorry about your visa been delayed. However, can you share your profile and timeline. This will help the gurus on this platform to provide suitable way forward. Don't give up. It will surely end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hello Nairalanders
I need advice!
I got a study visa For January winter session. However, the visa came late and I have to defer my admission to September and even changed to another course.
I am planning to go by September, pls do I need to update my visa or notify cic that I am just resuming? Anyone in my shoe and how did you handle it? Hope resuming after 9months doesn’t makes the visa null? How do I get to extend study permit to cover up for the 9months? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 12:08am On Jun 05, 2019
You haven't received your study permit yet, what you have is a visa. You'll get your study permit when you get to Canada, and it should cover the duration of your study.

About informing cic, I don't think it's necessary, because you aren't changing school just your course.

For expiration of visa, that would be written on your visa, so you should know when it expires, so as to extend it. An extension can be done in Canada.

As far as you have a good reason to go in late, just give them your reason if they ask at the port of entry.

Good luck.

Adebayo2296:
Hello Nairalanders
I need advice!
I got a study visa For January winter session. However, the visa came late and I have to defer my admission to September and even changed to another course.
I am planning to go by September, pls do I need to update my visa or notify cic that I am just resuming? Anyone in my shoe and how did you handle it? Hope resuming after 9months doesn’t makes the visa null? How do I get to extend study permit to cover up for the 9months? Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Evankc(m): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2019
I thought once you get correspondence letter and final decision will be made either the same day or next day morning but why some do take more than 5days does that mean decision have not be made yet or they are still reviewing after correspondence letter have been updated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 6:18am On Jun 05, 2019
I wish Everybody waiting on their final decision success. Someone will get good news to share before the end of this week.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 7:33am On Jun 05, 2019
5 days you say mine is now on its 20th day after correspondence letter without medical request or upfront
Am just tired of this delay, let them make the decision on time
Evankc:
I thought once you get correspondence letter and final decision will be made either the same day or next day morning but why some do take more than 5days does that mean decision have not be made yet or they are still reviewing after correspondence letter have been updated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Evankc(m): 7:46am On Jun 05, 2019
Yours is more than 2weeks and no medical update.. Have you try contacting them or send them mail and use urgent as the subject...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Evankc(m): 7:47am On Jun 05, 2019
hardeholar1:
5 days you say mine is now on its 20th day after correspondence letter without medical request or upfront
Am just tired of this delay, let them make the decision on time

Yours is more than 2weeks and no medical update.. Have you try contacting them or send them mail and use urgent as the subject...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by josmba59: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2019
Hello gurus...
Please who has got a solution to this. Been facing the same issue since last week. Please us....
warrination1:
Hello gurus Qudkum, JustMellow, Bracha, Austacus, Oluwaseunbd, Frank and anyone who can help.

Please I am having some difficulties in my application uploading my IMM1294e form. I downloaded the form and filled it, saved it and tried uploading it and the response am getting is

"The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Error: We couldn't upload your file.

Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted"

I have tried different browsers even Internet explorer but I still get the same outcome. Please what can I do to fixed this or is there something I am not doing right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:14am On Jun 05, 2019
Anamekele:
They just hit me now
Dear ...
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada Visa Section P.O. Box 1013 00621 - Nairobi Kenya Application Enquiry: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/introeng.aspx?mission=nairobi www.kenya.gc.ca www.cic.gc.ca
So sorry about your visa refusal. Try to order for your gcms note to ascertain the VO's detailed notes concerning your purpose of visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obaxlove(m): 8:29am On Jun 05, 2019
Please is there any PhD applicant waiting for TRV here or anyone who got their VISA approved recently? Please indicate so that I can get in touch, I need clarification on something.

I will also appreciate if anybody can help me order my previous GCMS note.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gracefulylifted: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2019
Good morning all. A quick question please. I'm married with 2 kids. I just gained admission for my masters in canada. What are my chances of getting a student visa and a dependent for the whole family? My husband won't be staying though. Just me and the kids.
Your responses are highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jobac: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2019
Nice thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 8:40am On Jun 05, 2019
warrination1:
Hello gurus Qudkum, JustMellow, Bracha, Austacus, Oluwaseunbd, Frank and anyone who can help.

Please I am having some difficulties in my application uploading my IMM1294e form. I downloaded the form and filled it, saved it and tried uploading it and the response am getting is

"The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Error: We couldn't upload your file.

Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted"

I have tried different browsers even Internet explorer but I still get the same outcome. Please what can I do to fixed this or is there something I am not doing right?

It means you need to download the latest version fill, verify and upload. Check the cic website for the latest version especially your study visa portal. You can click on the form and download instantly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mcobex: 8:59am On Jun 05, 2019
Gracefulylifted:
Good morning all. A quick question please. I'm married with 2 kids. I just gained admission for my masters in canada. What are my chances of getting a student visa and a dependent for the whole family? My husband won't be staying though. Just me and the kids.
Your responses are highly appreciated.
You have a good chance of getting TRV. But first, how old are your children? I always advise applicants who are married with children to apply alone first while they use the children and husband as a VERY GOOD HOME-TIE. After securing your TRV you can now apply for your children and husband (that's if they must join you there).
NB: Some people have applied with their children and they got it but you have to show funds for the children as well. Also you will have to look for schools/crèche (depending on their age) for the children

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gracefulylifted: 9:14am On Jun 05, 2019
mcobex:
You have a good chance of getting TRV. But first, how old are your children? I always advise applicants who are married with children to apply alone first while they use the children and husband as a VERY GOOD HOME-TIE. After securing your TRV you can now apply for your children and husband (that's if they must join you there).
NB: Some people have applied with their children and they got it but you have to show funds for the children as well. Also you will have to look for schools/crèche (depending on their age) for the children
Thank you for your response. They are 6 and 4 years old.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 9:15am On Jun 05, 2019
Chanils:
Good evening. I'm new here.

I made a transfer from my domiciliary account (UBA) here to RBC bank and it's over a week now my account has not been debited. Someone should tell me the fastest means of sending money to Canada
Form A is pretty fast. I used zenith the first time...it took days before i was debited. Second one i used Diamond and i was debited same day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obaxlove(m): 9:19am On Jun 05, 2019
Please is there any PhD applicant waiting for TRV here or anyone who got their VISA approved recently? Please indicate so that I can get in touch, I need clarification on something.

I will also appreciate if anybody can help me order my previous GCMS note please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 9:22am On Jun 05, 2019
Bracha:
You haven't received your study permit yet, what you have is a visa. You'll get your study permit when you get to Canada, and it should cover the duration of your study.

About informing cic, I don't think it's necessary, because you aren't changing school just your course.

For expiration of visa, that would be written on your visa, so you should know when it expires, so as to extend it. An extension can be done in Canada.

As far as you have a good reason to go in late, just give them your reason if they ask at the port of entry.

Good luck.

What duration do these TRV's usually have?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by josmba59: 9:44am On Jun 05, 2019
I've done that countless times... Still getting the same response...
The thing tire me sef[Quote author=Qudkom post=79033757]

It means you need to download the latest version fill, verify and upload. Check the cic website for the latest version especially your study visa portal. You can click on the form and download instantly. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by josmba59: 9:46am On Jun 05, 2019
I've done that countless times... Still getting the same response... The thing tire me sef....
Qudkom:

It means you need to download the latest version fill, verify and upload. Check the cic website for the latest version especially your study visa portal. You can click on the form and download instantly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hopeful2019: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2019
I received biometrics correspondence letter on the 13th of May ( it will be two weeks tomorrow) and no response yet. Although, my upfront medical has been updated to pass. I have sent mails to Nairobi and Lagos Embassy but no response was received. I have also raised a web form but no response, too.

Evankc:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hopeful2019: 10:00am On Jun 05, 2019
I'm a PhD applicant waiting for TRV. You can your questions here.

obaxlove:

I will also appreciate if anybody can help me order my previous GCMS note please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by trishaben: 10:00am On Jun 05, 2019
Is there any one going to Conestoga college September 2019?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by KenduMan: 10:00am On Jun 05, 2019
Hi everyone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hopeful2019: 10:03am On Jun 05, 2019
Sir,

Close your browser and try again. Also, you can try again by using another person's PC. Make sure you are uploading the latest version. Please, be calm and verify your details before submission.

josmba59:
I've done that countless times... Still getting the same response...
The thing tire me sef[Quote author=Qudkom post=79033757]

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:10am On Jun 05, 2019
If you aren't still able to fill the form, contact them on Twitter. Someone said he did and was told they've hd it fixed; you try the twitter route.
Cc warrination1

Good luck.

josmba59:
Hello gurus...
Please who has got a solution to this. Been facing the same issue since last week. Please us....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:13am On Jun 05, 2019
I can't say their expiration dates in general, but I don't think they are always valid for the full duration of one's program. I've seen 1 yr+ for a 2 year program, and 1 Yr for a 4 Yr program. Knowing when to extend it, and doing so as at when due is key.

sashaa:

What duration do these TRV's usually have?

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.