Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level (976 Views)

Man Becomes A Roadside Food Seller After Dropping Out From London / 300Level UNN Female Student Dies In Fatal Motor Accident (Photos) / I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level by ExposedWicked: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
Am going to tell you a story of how i nearly lost my mind , not just simple mind stuff but real psycho tool. This is me...

I once came on nairaland.com asking for assistance from nairalanders. A guy referred me to seun, who also did not help. It wasn't his fault since a lot of scammers are parading themselves as deprived. I mean, who would believe any one asking for help these days.

I dropped out of school due to complications. I was in year three when this happened. My mum came up with the story that my elder bro, a supposed pharmacy student in uniport needed all their support and i had to step down for him.

My dad was afflicted with partial paralysis aka stroke. He wasn't right minded then and my mom who had been cold to me right from childhood persuaded him to opt me out. I was young and confused. I loved my school so much and was so used to it with a good grade that my absent brought psychotic break to my being.

I lost everything. I was called useless by my mum, my sisters and even the brother i stepped down for. It was a difficult moment for me...

A lot of things happened afterwards. Started working for 6000naira in a private school. Got even more psychotic from the useless-like treatment i received from people. I tried suicide but couldn't do it... A lot happened but let just leave those for another time...

One night, as i was about to sleep i said out in my dark room "Lord talk to me. Am messed up now and am going to end my life tomorrow ". That night i heard someone sang a song to me in my dream. More like a song from an unknown and it is Frank Edwards song" Amam no noya". In the morning, i felt so energized. I had the song in my head without knowing the meaning. When i got to work, i asked a student of IBO descent the meaning of the song. So touching the meaning that i started crying . It means" Am always with you".

I took jamb and got admitted afterwards. I was able to save(not from my teaching job. Other Minutes jobs ). How i saved enough is still a mystery to me.

Today, am in my hostel. Determined i am, to move forward.

Am happy indeed.

I can still do with support though. Am just happy that there is a God for me

7 Likes

Re: Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level by xest(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
Happy for u dear
Re: Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
I'm happy for you.
Re: Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2018
grin ;Dpls WATS the title of the film?
Re: Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level by FrostyButter: 7:20am On Oct 07, 2018
I'm happy for you man. Ignore people like the poster above me. I wonder what people like that believe in, I really wonder.
Re: Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level by Auladimeji(m): 8:43am On Oct 07, 2018
The last place I can ask of help is Nairaland
90% of Nairaland are bitter creatures, they won't help,then,they'd discourage those that are ready to help
I'm talking to the male especially, they're united when it comes to Abusing of Female.Useless creatures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level by mespusinglez(m): 8:51am On Oct 07, 2018
Your Life Your Problem Bro
Re: Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2018
ExposedWicked:
Am going to tell you a story of how i nearly lost my mind , not just simple mind stuff but real psycho tool. This is me...

I once came on nairaland.com asking for assistance from nairalanders. A guy referred me to seun, who also did not help. It wasn't his fault since a lot of scammers are parading themselves as deprived. I mean, who would believe any one asking for help these days.

I dropped out of school due to complications. I was in year three when this happened. My mum came up with the story that my elder bro, a supposed pharmacy student in uniport needed all their support and i had to step down for him.

My dad was afflicted with partial paralysis aka stroke. He wasn't right minded then and my mom who had been cold to me right from childhood persuaded him to opt me out. I was young and confused. I loved my school so much and was so used to it with a good grade that my absent brought psychotic break to my being.

I lost everything. I was called useless by my mum, my sisters and even the brother i stepped down for. It was a difficult moment for me...

A lot of things happened afterwards. Started working for 6000naira in a private school. Got even more psychotic from the useless-like treatment i received from people. I tried suicide but couldn't do it... A lot happened but let just leave those for another time...

One night, as i was about to sleep i said out in my dark room "Lord talk to me. Am messed up now and am going to end my life tomorrow ". That night i heard someone sang a song to me in my dream. More like a song from an unknown and it is Frank Edwards song" Amam no noya". In the morning, i felt so energized. I had the song in my head without knowing the meaning. When i got to work, i asked a student of IBO descent the meaning of the song. So touching the meaning that i started crying . It means" Am always with you".

I took jamb and got admitted afterwards. I was able to save(not from my teaching job. Other Minutes jobs ). How i saved enough is still a mystery to me.

Today, am in my hostel. Determined i am, to move forward.

Am happy indeed.

I can still do with support though. Am just happy that there is a God for me
I know this road.
But I'm going to be honest with you.
It's going to get very tough more than it was before.
My advise be prepared.
Distant Learning or part time learning in Tertiary institutions was brought on for a purpose. That for me would have been a better option. But it's your call.
Re: Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level by Partnerbiz(f): 10:37am On Oct 07, 2018
Sorry bro.

(1) (Reply)

Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria / Share Your First Year Experience On Campus / Whats The Difference Between Linguistic,English Education And English Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.