Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,137 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor (1506 Views)

How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station / Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth / 5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 9:48am On Oct 07, 2018
My spacewagon fuel pump is not supplying to carburetor rewire and mechanic check the fuel pump they discover its working even they saw the outflow of the fuel but car wont still start except they use mouth to pump fuel into carburetor it is only then it will start. Brainbox is working , nozzle is working and ignition is working.
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by TRYGO(m): 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
1. the capacity of that fuel pump is questionable.
You could try another pump.

2. the problem could be a restriction on a section of the fuel system : piping, or fuel pump casing is clogged.

Ask your mechanic to get another fuel pump, and test with(get a higher capacity. Probably a V6 since the vehicle is a 4cyl.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/whatsapp)
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos
www.dxta.net.ng

PS: Has your mechanic checked if fuel supplies to the fuel pressure pipe connected run the intake port of the carburetor?
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 11:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
TRYGO:
1. the capacity of that fuel pump is questionable.
You could try another pump.

2. the problem could be a restriction on a section of the fuel system : piping, or fuel pump casing is clogged.

Ask your mechanic to get another fuel pump, and test with(get a higher capacity. Probably a V6 since the vehicle is a 4cyl.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/whatsapp)
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos
www.dxta.net.ng

PS: Has your mechanic checked if fuel supplies to the fuel pressure pipe connected run the intake port of the carburetor?

Thank you very much i will ask him.
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:50am On Oct 08, 2018
oloyemeji:
My spacewagon fuel pump is not supplying to carburetor rewire and mechanic check the fuel pump they discover its working even they saw the outflow of the fuel but car wont still start except they use mouth to pump fuel into carburetor it is only then it will start. Brainbox is working , nozzle is working and ignition is working.

we need to ask few questions to get a full idea of your problem

1 was the car running fine before ?

2 you said talk if ecu aka brain box and then carburater or caburater wire how is yo system intergrated

3 have you checked the fuel lines

4 have you checked the fuel line filter
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by diportivo: 6:50am On Oct 08, 2018
don't mind that one that's saying V6 fuel pump o oga oloyemeji

no go burn ur motor o

what year is ur car tho?.....brain box,nozzle and carburettor don't go together

something is wrong with that combo
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:56am On Oct 08, 2018
diportivo:

no go burn ur motor o

baba o

me sef I fear oh.... v6 ke in a 4cyl.
there are several ways to test fuel pump pressure without swapping

the brainbox though...... and carburetor
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2018
diportivo:

no go burn ur motor o

its Mitsubushi spacerunner 1999, the rewire say he is suspecting fuel pump ,though its pumping out fuel but he is saying the pressure might not be much. Yes the car is runing fine, when i off it inside hold up to start it again it refuse to start
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 8:32am On Oct 08, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

we need to ask few questions to get a full idea of your problem

1 was the car running fine before ?

2 you said talk if ecu aka brain box and then carburater or caburater wire how is yo system intergrated

3 have you checked the fuel lines

4 have you checked the fuel line filter
1. Yes after swithching off inside hold up ,it refuse to start 2.the rewire has check everything its working once he use his mouth to put fuel to supply the carburetor but its like adequate fuel is not supplying on it own.
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2018
oloyemeji:
1. Yes after swithching off inside hold up ,it refuse to start 2.the rewire has check everything its working once he use his mouth to put fuel to supply the carburetor but its like adequate fuel is not supplying on it own.

there is a very strong possibility that ur Mech is right..... your problem is a symptom of s failing pump but u should be also able to notice it when speeding (don't speed oh)... but this one u r saying the vehicle drives fine

but how does he know? guess work? try to access a pressure gauge and compare test result to the oem spec.

cc mayor2013
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 9:01am On Oct 08, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

there is a very strong possibility that ur Mech is right..... your problem is a symptom of s failing pump but u should be also able to notice it when speeding (don't speed oh)... but this one u r saying the vehicle drives fine

but how does he know? guess work? try to access a pressure gauge and compare test result to the oem spec.

cc mayor2013
how can he access pressure gauge and test for it?
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by diportivo: 9:31am On Oct 08, 2018
oloyemeji:
its Mitsubushi spacerunner 1999, the rewire say he is suspecting fuel pump ,though its pumping out fuel but he is saying the pressure might not be much. Yes the car is runing fine, when i off it inside hold up to start it again it refuse to start

it's not supposed to be a carburettor....we need to understand that aspect first

a 1999 is either 1.8,2.0 or the 2.4 GDI and non of these variants is a spfi talkless of a carburettor

even at rest when the car is idling/running u can know if it's fuel pump when u try to revv (raise) the car

if na for traffic e no dey free start again,u sef,no dey off am for traffic na grin

altho,failing fuel pump will misbehave after driving for a while truly
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2018
diportivo:

it's not supposed to be a carburettor....we need to understand that aspect first

a 1999 is either 1.8,2.0 or the 2.4 GDI and non of these variants is a spfi talkless of a carburettor

even at rest when the car is idling/running u can know if it's fuel pump when u try to revv (raise) the car

if na for traffic e no dey free start again,u sef,no dey off am for traffic na grin

altho,failing fuel pump will misbehave after driving for a while truly
in the morning when i always start it like 5 times before it start after then i wont raise it , i will have to leave it for 4-5 mins to steam before i can raise it but if i raise it immediately it start it will off.
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2018
oloyemeji:
how can he access pressure gauge and test for it?

don't worry I have cc'ed an oga

he is coming
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
Its working now but when i put the gear on drive it will jack to the front.
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:49am On Oct 09, 2018
oloyemeji:
Its working now but when i put the gear on drive it will jack to the front.

what exactly did ur Mech do that made it start working?

then what is ur idle speed
with ur foot firmly on the brake when you move from P to D it still jerks?
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by mayor2013: 6:25am On Oct 09, 2018
Check fuel pressure emanating from fuel pump. If external filter exist replace if changing the fuel pump. As for the jerk you pull the transmission to drive. Check all engine mounts
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

what exactly did ur Mech do that made it start working?

then what is ur idle speed
with ur foot firmly on the brake when you move from P to D it still jerks?
its the rewire that finaly detect the fault , it change the entire fuel pump and supply power to the fuel pump he said power is not getting to the fuel pump,when i firmly hold the break it will jerk but not much compare to when i didnt match the break.
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by autologic: 10:37am On Oct 09, 2018
oloyemeji:
its the rewire that finaly detect the fault , it change the entire fuel pump and supply power to the fuel pump he said power is not getting to the fuel pump,when i firmly hold the break it will jerk but not much compare to when i didnt match the break.
.What is model of your spacewagon ? Is it 2.4GDI.
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
autologic:

.What is model of your spacewagon ? Is it 2.4GDI.
its spacerunner
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by sultaan(m): 12:04am On Oct 10, 2018
A '99 with carburator that is your first problem.

Second one is your inability to simply explain the sequence of the problem without using the mechanic (kazeem) terms.

Try again from the start using simple English a 10 years old girl will understand it will clear all the guess work
Re: Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor by oloyemeji: 7:15am On Oct 10, 2018
sultaan:
A '99 with carburator that is your first problem.

Second one is your inability to simply explain the sequence of the problem without using the mechanic (kazeem) terms.

Try again from the start using simple English a 10 years old girl will understand it will clear all the guess work
ok sir

(1) (Reply)

Resurs Engine Restorer / Renault Laguna I (1998) / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.