Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

100 Days Of Code Challenge - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 100 Days Of Code Challenge (2629 Views)

30 Days CODE Challenge (august 2 - August 31st) / My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 / TeamApt Code Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Days Of Code Challenge by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 08, 2018
~100 days of code challenge~

Hello world,

Tomorow OCTOBER 9th 2018 I am going to start the 100 days of code challenge.After alot of hippcup to my coding journey
with on and off attitude.on this day i decided to give my learning a serious kick and remain commited to the process of mastering my web technologies skillset so i am starting 100 days of code challenge.

Short intro about me
- I am 26 plus 9 months old years old studied computer engineering.
- Living in Lagos, Nigeria.
- current skillset (Html5 css3 bootstrap,and wordpress).

Why 100 days of code challenge?

I like web development and i got some projects in mind to launch on the web but I have never gotten around to master the art of creating web App. In this challenge I want to learn more about web development and want to be able to create website from scratch and code the back-end and front-end.

GOAL

1.TO LEARN ABOUT FULLSTACK TECHNOLOGIES TO BE ABLE TO DEVELOP WEB BASE APPLICATION.

2.TO GET A JUNIOR DEVELOPER ROLE AS WEB DEVELOPER

3.TO LAUNCH ONE OF MY WEB BASE IDEA

EVERYONE HERE IS MY ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER,ADVICE SUGESTION RESOURCES AND MENTORSHIP WILL BE MUCH APRECIATED.

THANKS

3 Likes

Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by CALEB65(m): 7:21am On Oct 08, 2018
Sounds nice...

Am also into web programming
Am currently using laravel to code a forum but I'll love to learn python
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by frankfrancis871: 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
Following, wish I have a laptop or tablet. I'd love to learn programming
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by portnaija(m): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2018
frankfrancis871:

Hmm, This is one bad way of kick starting a career in programming.. i started learning HTML 2012 With A Tecno (chinko) phone , then css and js.. i did not learn PHP till 2016 why?? because of a silly excuse "I don't have a laptop" i did not get that laptop until last month... You can start learning with books sef

3 Likes

Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
...DAY 1..

>Last 24hrs: Worked on the following Javascript code challenge

1.wrote a programme that will prompt users to enter how old they are so u should display to the browser how old they are in months,weeks,days,hour,minutes and seconds

2.wrote a programme that will ask for users phone number.print the number to the browser and tell the type of network they used

3.wrote a programme that allow users to guess five numbers and compare it to five random number generated by the computer which range from 1- 100

4.Wrote aprograme that ask for users score and display their Grade (A,B,C,D,E)

>Next 24hrs: Will be working on array method,function,string method bootstrap and continue work on the wordpress website am creating .

>Key take aways: I understood how to some JavaScript code challenge,undertsand the following beter array,loop and control statement .

>Blockers: I'm finding it hard to understand tenary operator.

Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by thug: 7:51am On Oct 10, 2018
In this ya code challenge, it will be nice if you also show us your code to know if you follow the best practices

1 Like

Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by OpenYourEyes1: 8:08am On Oct 10, 2018
frankfrancis871:

Get yourself a cheap mini laptop. Fairly could cost you N15000
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2018
thug:
In this ya code challenge, it will be nice if you also show us your code to know if you follow the best practices

ok bro i will drop the code here later in the day
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by IniUbom(m): 9:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Write on! Good luck and happy coding!
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by Ayo081(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
Keep it up bro
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by Ayodejioak(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
It is 'Based' and not 'base' per your context.

Let's at least speak good english before teaching other languages
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by CodeTemplar: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2018
Ayodejioak:

,,,??
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by thug: 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2018
Ayodejioak:

I need to remind a grammarian that coding does not know or require good or bad English but syntax rule.
If you are irritated on any of the written words, correct it in ya mind and don't display mr know it all character.
Am only giving an advice, no be fight. Am here to get inspired by the 100 days coding challenge ...

1 Like

Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by Ayodejioak(m): 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
thug:

I need to remind a grammarian that coding does not know or require good or bad English but syntax rule.
If you are irritated on any of the written words, correct it in ya mind and don't display mr know it all character.
Am only giving an advice, no be fight. Am here to get inspired by the 100 days coding challenge ...

Username checks out!!
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by davinchecodes(m): 9:05am On Oct 12, 2018
Codemind247:
...DAY 1..

1.wrote a programme that will prompt users to enter how old they are so u should display to the browser how old they are in months,weeks,days,hour,minutes and seconds

2.wrote a programme that will ask for users phone number.print the number to the browser and tell the type of network they used

I am interested in how you did the network detector stuff, Did you use an API?
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by Herylovecoding: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2018
This is a good move.I wish you success in your challenge.You should most importantly study quality materials and build projects along the line.
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by crunchyDope(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
davinchecodes:

I am interested in how you did the network detector stuff, Did you use an API?
lol
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by davinchecodes(m): 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
crunchyDope:

lol
why cry cry cry
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by crunchyDope(m): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
davinchecodes:

why cry cry cry
i tot dat was a joke? cos m pretty sure he did nt use an api? m just sure he used an if statement for the first 4 digits or testing the 4th and 5th digit and the length of d number
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by davinchecodes(m): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
crunchyDope:

i tot dat was a joke? cos m pretty sure he did nt use an api? m just sure he used an if statement for the first 4 digits or testing the 4th and 5th digit and the length of d number
Ok , Thanks.
Wish I Could See His Code
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2018
Op, how far now
Re: 100 Days Of Code Challenge by Johnmattee(m): 12:21am On Nov 26, 2018
Codemind247:
...DAY 1..

3.wrote a programme that allow users to guess five numbers and compare it to five random number generated by the computer which range from 1- 100

4.Wrote aprograme that ask for users score and display their Grade (A,B,C,D,E)

>Next 24hrs: Will be working on array method,function,string method bootstrap and continue work on the wordpress website am creating .

>Key take aways: I understood how to some JavaScript code challenge,undertsand the following beter array,loop and control statement .

>Blockers: I'm finding it hard to understand tenary operator.

I like your determination, i started with javascript and i can tell you it's fun. All these code challenges are good because it'll help reinforce what you've learned. Learning vanilla javascript without practice is wastful labour because itz volatile. You only know it when you are able to solve a problem. This applies to all other programming languages.
Keep working, you'll get there

(1) (Reply)

How Programming Affects Your Life / What Platform Do You Use For Web Development / Admob Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.