Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,349 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum (26121 Views)

Cardify's Digital Business Card Unveiled At Moonshot By Techcabal / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / Ifeanyi Ubah At World Cup In Russia: "A Win For France Is A Win For Africa" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by TundeBricklayer: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2018
Oil and gas major Techno Oil Limited has unveiled its TechnoGas LPG cylinders at the 31st World LPG Forum rounding off at Houston, Texas in the United States.
With the unveiling, Nigeria has joined the league of nations manufacturing LPG cylinders for export.

One thousand and five hundred participants from 72 countries and 89 companies exhibited products, with Techno Oil as the only African company that exhibited its cylinder products.
A despatch by Techno Oil to NAN on Sunday, quoted Mr Gbite Adeniji, senior special adviser to the minister of state for Petroleum Resources as expressing delight that Nigerian companies are steadily making appearances on the world stage.
“I’m pleased to have visited your lovely stand and I’m highly impressed with what I saw of your products,’’ Adeniji said at the Techno Oil exhibition pavilion.
“The cylinders look high quality. I continue to be impressed with your entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to the oil and gas sector.’’
Similarly, the Managing Director of Ultimate Gas Ltd., Alhaji Auwalu Ilu, lauded the management of Techno Oil for flying Nigeria’s flag at the global event.
He said he was impressed with the quality of the cylinders, and implored Techno Oil to continue to make Nigeria proud on the world stage.
Executive Director, Commercial, Nigerian Products Marketing Company, Mr Billy Okoye, hailed Techno Oil’s remarkable achievement in manufacturing cylinders.
Also speaking, Deputy Director/Head, Downstream, Department of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Ijeoma Onyeri, said she lacked words to describe the initiative made by Techno Oil in manufacturing cylinders locally.
She told the company to sustain the quality of its products and ensure safety in its manufacturing operations.
In a speech at a ceremony to unveil the cylinders, the Executive Vice-Chair of Techno Oil, Mrs Nkechi Obi, flanked by the Managing Director of the company, Mr Tony Onyeama, and other senior management staff, said she was excited that Nigeria could now export cylinders.
She said it was a fulfilling moment for her to announce to the world that made-in Nigeria LPG cylinders could now be exported, rather than for Nigerians to continue to import cylinders and deplete its foreign reserves.
“We’re using this forum to announce to the world that TechnoGas cylinders have hit the market and we’re ready to meet every demand, local and international.

She told the gathering that Nigeria had spent billions of dollars importing LPG cylinders from China, India and other Asian countries.

Obi, whose company recently completed the building of Nigeria’s largest LPG cylinder manufacturing plant, said TechnoGas cylinders would help the Federal Government to save resources in importing cylinders and their accessories.
“The era of Nigerians depending on sub-standard cylinders imported from India, China and other countries is over for Nigerian and West African households.
She, however, lamented that the world was leaving Nigeria behind in LPG adoption, in spite of Nigeria’s top position in the league of gas-rich nations.

Obi noted that some industrialists had taken the initiative to promote LPG adoption in Nigeria, in a bid to not only to secure the environment and the future but to save scarce resources expanded by Nigeria annually to import kerosene and other cooking fuels.
She restated her concern on the worsening consequences of using solid gases such as firewood and charcoal in Nigerian homes.
According to the LPG adoption advocate, the World LPG Forum has again raised the stakes for the Nigerian government to realise that there is no better time than now for government to pay serious attention to discouraging Nigerians from using solid gases in cooking.
According to her, while the aim of using firewood, charcoal, animal dung etc. is to get food cooked, the Nigerian woman and her household are unknowingly exposed to inhalation of a myriad of harmful gases on daily basis.
“It doesn’t end there, these gases have far-reaching effects on the environment as they contribute to global warming and climate change.’’
The Techno Oil chief argued that global warming and climate change were directly responsible for increased global temperatures, flooding, food insecurity and desertification.
“A paradigm shift is required and there is no better time than now because up to 70 per cent of Nigerian women spend time cooking, using mostly solid fuels, instead of adopting LPG.
“More worrisome is the fact that Nigeria has one of the highest proven reserves of gas and is also one of the highest exporters of LPG in Africa,’’ the industrialist stated.
Obi said there was need for government to join forces with LPG stakeholders to make Nigerians to embrace LPG in their cooking urgently.
She expressed her optimism that the efforts of some companies and interest groups in LPG adoption had started yielding dividends in Nigeria, citing the building of an LPG cylinder manufacturing plant in Lagos by Techno Oil to boost the LPG value chain.
http://thenationonlineng.net/made-in-nigeria-cylinders-unveiled-at-world-lpg-forum/
Lalasticlala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
Wow wow first FTC 2018

ordinary cylinder undecided these people will keep disgracing Nigerians
They wee soon unveil Made in Nigeria Puff Puff

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by affable4(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
I think it would be of good quality.

Reminds me of an incident four years ago when I went to refill my 6kg (content) cylinder at Gasland.The guy just filled my cylinder till it got to 14kg(container + content) and brought out. I just told him that it was suppose to be 16kg and not 14kg.

The guy said I don't know what I'm saying. That the weight of my empty cylinder is standard 8kg. I just told him mine is different, that it is 10kg. This guy begin drag the identity of my property with me. I was pissed to say the least.

Finally, there was a bet of 5k each when all the workers insisted it was 8kg and not 10kg. Luckily for me, I was with cash.

Draining time.
This guys drained my cylinder and almost used towel to wipe the inside just to make sure all the content was out. Finally, it got to 10kg and nothing else was coming out.

I just packed my 10k from the table and got my cylinder filled to 16kg and left.

Don't really know if they manufactured that one here in Nigeria or imported it, but that cylinder was bought from Techno oil.

34 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by directonpc(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
Please when is our made in Nigeria pencils hitting the market?

26 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by BillgatesMaigad(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
Okay
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by slapacha: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
So we import everything and everything

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Yeminace(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
So all the one we dey use na tokunbo, chaiiii
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Sirpaul(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
NIGERIA.... TIWAN TIWAN
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Jamesrock(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
Nice feat, I just pray our corrupt leaders let this one thrive... Zoonation
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Austema(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
Wait and see how apc will record this as one of their achievements

6 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Fesomu(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
We don't need atiku to scatter everything again biko

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by TundeBricklayer: 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
Peter Obi's family are doing great

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Donpeak(f): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
SMH
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
directonpc:
Please when is our made in Nigeria pencils hitting the market?

That one is rocket science na grin
shameful thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by miqos02(m): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by zone51: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
Nice development
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by legibow: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
Is okay... I pray it works fine....
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
Fesomu:
Scatter what After Buahri is booted out there'll be nothing left to scatter

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Realdeals(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
If we say otherwise now, someone will be here telling us to celebrate it first, Celebrate what in the 21st century?
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by jej3013(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
shocked
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by temptnow: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
Fesomu:
shatap afonja

10 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Jeposky(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
At least it's something.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by DBossNG(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
Seen!
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by temptnow: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
#bring back the price of gas to #2800 per 12kg

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Hier(m): 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
kaluxy007:
Wow wow first FTC 2018

ordinary cylinder undecided these people will keep disgracing Nigerians They wee soon unveil Made in Nigeria Puff Puff
Which one have you built old fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by talk2emma: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
If no be Igbo man nobody fit do am..

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by agarawu23(m): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
Will it be affordable like the ones they import?
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by kamez(m): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
Cherugodi, u mean we have been importing gas cylinders all this years

common ordinary gas cylinder Kwa!!

odikwa egwu

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by nigeriapenmedia: 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2018
Cylinder ikamainamso??
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum by Splasshhh(f): 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Affiliate Marketing: They Are Taking Advantage Of Multi-billion Dollar Industry / Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants / How To Start Scrap Metal Supply And Purchase Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.