Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

"What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" (856 Views)

Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / How You Can Know For Sure That You Will Go To Heaven When You Die / Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
"What makes you sure that you've picked the right god?" undecided

"Richard Dawkins is an incredibly smart man. Out of the thousands of 'gods' that are being worshiped this second, what makes you so sure that you've picked the right one? Atheists are not angry, they are realistic. Pray all you want, but the 'thinkers' are here to stay." - Susie Macpherson

Perhaps your standard for judging "incredibly smart" people is a little low. I don't think anyone who believes the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything is even slightly smart.

But you are right about there being many gods. If you include Hinduism there are millions. That's what the First of the Ten Commandments addresses when it says, "You shall have no other gods before Me."

Mankind loves making up little gods because they don't have a moral dictate. There's only one Creator and the way to know Who that Creator is, is to do the quick test on www.NeedGod .com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 9 October 2014 ·

1 Share

Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by Dottore: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ok
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

"Richard Dawkins is an incredibly smart man. Out of the thousands of 'gods' that are being worshiped this second, what makes you so sure that you've picked the right one? Atheists are not angry, they are realistic. Pray all you want, but the 'thinkers' are here to stay." - Susie Macpherson

Perhaps your standard for judging "incredibly smart" people is a little low. I don't think anyone who believes the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything is even slightly smart.

But you are right about there being many gods. If you include Hinduism there are millions. That's what the First of the Ten Commandments addresses when it says, "You shall have no other gods before Me."

Mankind loves making up little gods because they don't have a moral dictate. There's only one Creator and the way to know Who that Creator is, is to do the quick test on www.NeedGod .com

"Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not: They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not: They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat. They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them. O Israel, trust thou in the Lord: he is their help and their shield" (Psalm 115:4-9).

There's an old adage that says "God created man in His own image, and man has been returning the favour ever since." This is called idolatry, which is transgression of both the 1st and 2nd of the Decalogue.

Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by Originakalokalo(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
Because as powerful and mighty as he is,

HE Begs People to repent.

His humility is such that no god can Match (even though they are inconsequential).

The whole Earth is his footstool... and yet lives in man...

He allows freewill.. As powerful as he is, HE DOESN'T FORCE YOU TO ACCEPT ANYTHING.

He dialogues with man... ANGELS DARE NOT.

HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DECREE AND NO ONE CAN UPTURN IT.

HE JUDGES ALL. NO ONE CAN JUDGE HIM.

He Created the Sun... and the ants.

Lastly, he is so plenty in mercy that I don't understand the extent.. I get confused about this sometimes....

How?

1. The sun, the rain, air, and food never cease DESPITE THE LEVEL OF ATROCITIES ON EARTH.

2. He said...

Even though your sins may be as red as SCARLET... He is ready to forgive you and bring you close...

So far you are sorry and are ready to repent and follow his ways.

Scarlet is red.... terrible sins...

You slept with your mum, he is ready to forgive you.

You have killed hundreds of people... he is ready to forgive..

You pounded a day old child in a mortal for ritual , he is ready to forgive you and forget about it.

Paul said... I WRONG NO ONE...

Even after killing hundreds of Christians including the stoning of Stephen..

why? because he came in contact with the almighty God.. who forgave him and REMOVE HIS GUILT FROM HIM.

These are the reasons why I know, that truly,

He is a great God... The Only one.

3 Likes

Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by MightySparrow: 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
When you pick a god you definitely have picked the wrong one (orisa: 'your head picked') in Yoruba. When god of israel picks you you are with the only correct God.
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
MightySparrow:

When you pick a god you definitely have picked the wrong one (orisa: 'your head picked') in Yoruba. When god of israel picks you you are with the only correct God.

Have you watched a movie called 'Abejoye'? undecided
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by MightySparrow: 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Have you watched a movie called 'Abejoye'? undecided
Nope tell me about it
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2018
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by LordReed(m): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

When you can show me testable evidence for God, you can call me stupid. In the mean time you remain "unsmart" for believing in this fairytale.
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2018
LordReed:

When you can show me testable evidence for God, you can call me stupid. In the mean time you remain "unsmart" for believing in this fairytale.

Smart guy. cool

Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2018
creationism is a weak argument for God's existence and even if we're to believe a "god" created the universe, then I'd believe that God was "Panku"
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
joshuakdboy:

creationism is a weak argument for God's existence and even if we're to believe a "god" created the universe, then I'd believe that God was "Panku"

You need to attend the Ath-flea-ist Convention. shocked

Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by LordReed(m): 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Smart guy. cool

LoL! Dumb memes sure don't make you smart.

1 Like

Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! Dumb memes sure don't make you smart.

Watch the videoclip and see if you are smart. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by LordReed(m): 2:50am On Oct 28, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Watch the videoclip and see if you are smart. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ

Yeah evolution isn't real that's why we share 50% of our DNA with bananas. Your funny god decided it was intelligent for us to share DNA with bananas.
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by nanakgh(m): 5:46am On Oct 28, 2018
Hmmight. So all in all, whatever helps you sleep at night. If it includes telling yourself that food is abundant everywhere.
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2018
Atheists are not angry, they are realistic. Really? undecided

1 Like

Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
Get Connected To Hope: Feasting after the Famine at Deeper Life National December Retreat 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRyhcRiyTmw
Re: "What Makes You So Sure That You've Picked The Right God?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2019
nanakgh:

Hmmight. So all in all, whatever helps you sleep at night. If it includes telling yourself that food is abundant everywhere.

So, what makes you sleep at night? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Download Brand New & Powerful Single By Prospa Ochimana, "You Are Jehovah" / More Women Open Up On Sexual Abuse By Nuns / Could This Be True About Jesus Christ? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.