Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required (73907 Views)

How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types. / How To Estimate The Quantity Of Blocks, Cement And Sand For Your Diy Project / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by captainjay(m): 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Nice write up.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by coliboyswag: 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
saydfact:

sorry, the roof design can't work on this. thanks
all right tanks...pls can u give me insight on how i can design 1
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by GetCofOProperty: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
What a great insight and breakdown on how to calculate roof cost! So if I am to build an auditorium as big as the Winners' Chapel Faith Tabernacle in Otta, I can use same calculation techniques?

Do You Desire A Very Good Property Investment That Guarantee High Return... Or You Want a Suitable Land or House For You To Live In. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment. Don't miss the current promos Visit our Ikeja Office (Off Medical Road) or Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046. Check our signature here below

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by mountmoriah(m): 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
Good analysis

We supply any kind of hardwood for your house roofing, akun, itara, kokogbo, ogus, afara, okilolo, ayunre, meliana.

We also supply bamboos and white woods for your decking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by adeolu21: 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
bejick:

truth talk, this will only work a beat for step tile roofing sheet for long span it is a no no,
cos their many other things like the ridges, the v shapes bends how do you calculate that.
those labourer must chop you raw. That is why the labour for fixing it is always low.
from experience even as an engineer doing my personal project.

that was the reason the OP said minus accessories in his conclusion. Anyway, it might not work for you if u do have problem with calculations, but it does work for me.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by pacespot(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thank you, this will be needed

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Bograd83(f): 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Mankosi: 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
It's only a stingy and poor man that need this. Rich guys don't need this calculations.
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Str8talk21: 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
Nice try, but here are the flaws in your calculation:

1. You did not specify what type of roofing material you are adopting for this exercise?
2. you did not give room/allowance for overlapping of these long span roofing sheets which will ultimately change the value of your initial derivative.
3. standard allowance or rule of the thumb for emergence of off-cut is 30%.

I think you can recalculate now.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by adanny01(m): 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
Str8talk21:

1. You did not specify what type of roofing material you are adopting for this exercise?
2. you did not give room/allowance for overlapping of these long span roofing sheets which will ultimately change the value of your initial derivative.

Thats it.

Thats the flaw i picked.

Different styles of roofing sheet have different overlap dimensions. I actual buying, the whole thing will still be recalculated to take account of lapping.

Secondly, the area method increases waste. The most precise method is the length method. This takes care of cut to use and cut to waste.
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Osezzua(m): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
following

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by igbanbajo(m): 6:54am On Oct 10, 2018
Bookmarked

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 7:38am On Oct 10, 2018
adeolu21:

that was the reason the OP said minus accessories in his conclusion. Anyway, it might not work for you if u do have problem with calculations, but it does work for me.

thanks sir - God bless you.. amen
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 7:46am On Oct 10, 2018
Str8talk21:

adanny01:

Thats it.

Thats the flaw i picked.

Different styles of roofing sheet have different overlap dimensions. I actual buying, the whole thing will still be recalculated to take account of lapping.

Secondly, the area method increases waste. The most precise method is the length method. This takes care of cut to use and cut to waste.

The purpose of this thread is to Educate and learn.... Wld be glad if both or anyone of you can teach us those methods....
thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by qwertyboss(m): 7:59am On Oct 10, 2018
Very good!
I wish I have time to create an automated program that can do this calculations. Using either excel or fortran. It will be much more easier to use.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by bejick(m): 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
adeolu21:

I hope you know the roofing sheet come in flat and will be cull-gated.
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
bejick:

I hope you know the roofing sheet come in flat and will be cull-gated.

Kindly educate us,
we're here to learn not argue on who's right or wrong....

You can ignore if the message doesn't appeal to you. NO DISRESPECT PLS.
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Hollar007(m): 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2018
I've been looking for this for a very long time... Really appreciate @saydfact for the post will also beg him to have a similar post of flashing eave angle and others.....It is good to criticize with facts which is very good for we the novice to learn from but... there's also a challenge of others posting their own calculations than discouraging the OP...... Once again thanks for sharing this with us God will continually uplift and enrich your knowledge
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2018
Hollar007:
I've been looking for this for a very long time... Really appreciate @saydfact for the post will also beg him to have a similar post of flashing eave angle and others.....It is good to criticize with facts which is very good for we the novice to learn from but... there's also a challenge of others posting their own calculations than discouraging the OP...... Once again thanks for sharing this with us God will continually uplift and enrich your knowledge

THANKS SIR - FOR YOU, I'LL CONSIDER DOING THOSE TUTORIALS....

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Hollar007(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2018
Hollar007:

you're highly welcome sir
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 11:32am On Oct 22, 2018
Hollar007:

you're highly welcome sir

Hi... quick one on your request.....

flashing - They come in linear meters, so basically all you need is to get the length of the space to be covered in meters and order it. i.e there is no basic calculation needed here, you just measure the length and order.

eave - eaves are external ceiling (technically) - you can follow my thread on how to calculate the numbers of ceiling needed here >> https://www.nairaland.com/4256068/how-calculate-quantity-cost-asbestors#63657921

that covers it...... thanks.
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by oilmaney: 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
mountmoriah:

Good analysis

We supply any kind of hardwood for your house roofing, akun, itara, kokogbo, ogus, afara, okilolo, ayunre, meliana.

We also supply bamboos and white woods for your decking.
Call me on 08099559889
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2018
Happy new month to all our esteemed clients, more finances to your bank account this month and COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by predatorX: 12:01am On Jan 13, 2019
Rigel95:
Good, but it does not apply to all roof plans. Get a good Quantity Surveyor to avoid stories that touch.

That is definitely the reason why Africa is backwards. Almost everything can be analyzed with maths depending on the level of application. Your computer program, Artificial Intelligence, Astronomy and Space travel are all quantum mathematics.

The same QS dude is gonna use the same mathematics based on thse basic principles of plane shapes except you intend roofing with extra-terrestrial material from Mars.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Rigel95(m): 9:51am On Jan 13, 2019
predatorX:

That is definitely the reason why Africa is backwards. Almost everything can be analyzed with maths depending on the level of application. Your computer program, Artificial Intelligence, Astronomy and Space travel are all quantum mathematics.

The same QS dude is gonna use the same mathematics based on thse basic principles of plane shapes except you intend roofing with extra-terrestrial material from Mars.
The reason why Africa is not developed is because people like you who believe they can be jack of all trades. That is why there are many quack doctors, building collapses because some people think they can give their building to any Mason muritala or worse still do it themselves.

Now to the small issue of roofs. There are different types of roofs and also different methods of estimating for them. Other components that make up the roof.like hip cap etc will also be considered. There are also other technical factors which the average Tom,Dick and Harry do not know about which Will make him either under measure or over measure which inadvertently costs him more. Selah!

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
Rigel95:

The reason why Africa is not developed is because people like you who believe they can be jack of all trades. That is why there are many quack doctors, building collapses because some people think they can give their building to any Mason muritala or worse still do it themselves.

Now to the small issue of roofs. There are different types of roofs and also different methods of estimating for them. Other components that make up the roof.like hip cap etc will also be considered. There are also other technical factors which the average Tom,Dick and Harry do not know about which Will make him either under measure or over measure which inadvertently costs him more. Selah!

For the purpose of learning... CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE ONE OF SUCH ROOFING SHEETS, TECHNICAL FACTORS AND METHOD OF ESTIMATING.

Thanks in advance.......

The QS didn't wake up to his knowledge, he started by learning the basic principles which is what I've shared in my post.

Thanks sir...
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
predatorX:

The same QS dude is gonna use the same mathematics based on thse basic principles of plane shapes.

I can't agree less... I started in the building industry way back 2006, employed by a QS.... and that's where I learnt my estimation skills from.
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by predatorX: 9:18am On Jan 18, 2019
Rigel95:

Hey dude, quit this sh!t. You are just trying to feel important with the bolded.

You are displaying gross ignorance on this subject. What we are talking about are 2-dimensional shapes, surface area, whether it is Plan, Side, front or Angular view. It is a roof any how you wanna call it.

When it comes to mechanics and parts, then you can begin to talk about more advanced calculations which i am certain you definitely know nothing about.

The reason why buildings collapse is not because of people who try to be jack of all trades but because all force vectors was not resolved or balanced properly. The deficit vector(in newtons) acting in the wrong direction pulls down the building in that direction. It is the same vector that brings down aeroplanes in the absence of thrust and lift vectors. So my friend try harder to convince us by telling us some of the TECHNICAL FACTORS or METHODS OF ESTIMATION or provide a SAMPLE OF SUCH COMPLEX ROOFING WHICH DOES NOT USE PLANE SHAPES.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 9:23am On Jan 18, 2019
predatorX:

claps..... BUT I wld need a lot of google(ing) to understand the last paragraph - lol - that level pass me... grin grin
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by mountmoriah(m): 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2019
we charge only just N150 per square meter to install your either long span, stepped tiles and metcopo, and N170 per square meter for stone coated.

Long span 0.45mm today price N1, 120

Long span 0.55mm today price N1, 570

Stepped Tiles 0.55mm today price N1, 700

Metcopo 0.55mm today price N1, 800

Stone coated (Bond N2, 350)

Stone coated (Shingle N2, 450)

Stone coated (Milano N2, 500)

Call 09069523526 or whatsapp, email: mountproperties@outlook.com
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2019
Evening Followers.

Kindly check out my latest post here >> https://www.nairaland.com/5002180/what-did-he-wrong-why#75413259

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Transformed A Concrete Water Tower Into Four-Bedroom Mansion (Photos) / 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds / Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.