Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,947 members, 7,828,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required (73882 Views)

How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types. / How To Estimate The Quantity Of Blocks, Cement And Sand For Your Diy Project / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by seunoj: 6:14am On Feb 25, 2019
Boss,
Good job. Can u pls help screen this quote. I feel it's on a high side for a 3 bedroom bungalow
ESTMATE OF ROOFING.
2X4.2OO PCS.
2X3.200PCS
1X12.20PCS
ALLUM.20PCS
ROOFING SHEET 250PCS.
NAILROFING.=N15.000
.NAIL4"=N7.000.
NAIL 3"=N7,000
OJAGBA N5.000
.LABOUR N150.000.

Thanks for your time
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 9:32am On Feb 25, 2019
seunoj:
Boss,
Good job. Can u pls help screen this quote. I feel it's on a high side for a 3 bedroom bungalow
ESTMATE OF ROOFING.
2X4.2OO PCS.
2X3.200PCS
1X12.20PCS
ALLUM.20PCS
ROOFING SHEET 250PCS.
NAILROFING.=N15.000
.NAIL4"=N7.000.
NAIL 3"=N7,000
OJAGBA N5.000
.LABOUR N150.000.

Thanks for your time

Morning, I need more information to do that; we cant conclude the cost is high without detailed drawings....
regards
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Osezzua(m): 10:19am On Feb 25, 2019
Following
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by samnaija: 10:45am On Feb 25, 2019
thanks.....very informative
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 11:02am On Feb 25, 2019
samnaija:
thanks.....very informative

uwc
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2019
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by SNUmoh(m): 6:12am On Oct 02, 2019
Mehn, you've done so well. Are you a QS?
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by KIDfurniture(m): 6:26am On Oct 02, 2019
A lot of sense dey your message . You matter how wise you re this people must chop you. Please never use low quality oh. Just go for the regular 8feet biko ..

clefstone:
all these stuff are just theory in a sense. You can know all the formular and all but you will never be able to get the estimation right.
1. How will u climb and measure the lengths
2. There is what they call cut and use. The experienced roofer uses this to save material.

Best bet is to get quotations from at least 3 roofing contractors and go for the cheapest but don't compromise on quality sha

NB I'm speaking from experience
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by KIDfurniture(m): 6:28am On Oct 02, 2019
This is for the regular zinc 8 feet not long span..

This one na for carpenter to install wont cost much. But for a 3 bedroom all u need is 14 bundles.. 20 is too much sir.

seunoj:
Boss,
ESTMATE OF ROOFING.
2X4.2OO PCS.
2X3.200PCS
1X12.20PCS
ALLUM.20PCS
ROOFING SHEET 250PCS.
NAILROFING.=N15.000
.NAIL4"=N7.000.
NAIL 3"=N7,000
OJAGBA N5.000
.LABOUR N150.000.

Thanks for your time
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by KIDfurniture(m): 6:33am On Oct 02, 2019
If you re in ibadan and you wish to build. Hit me up I will guide you .I have the best artisans from iseyin...we will take care of your building from foundation to level.. great designs available ..you can come with your designs too.. I also have one of the best roof Installer.. God bless my Tunde for me.. customers always marvel . Oneangleglobalconcept@gmail.com
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2019
SNUmoh:
Mehn, you've done so well. Are you a QS?

I'm an Architect and I'm at your service wink wink wink

see my signature for contact. Thanks
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2019
clefstone:
KIDfurniture:

Don't be limited - You both surprise reasoning...

Where I work, a QS begs me to do these calculations for her, the carpenters on site preparing cost estimate beg to learn how, the contractor who is trying to win a contract needs to know how his carpenter arrived on his cost, so he knows what to submit to the client.

@ KIDfurniture: you said u have a good roofer, I want to believe if he gives you a quote of N100 naira (eg) for a job, you just submit it straight to ur clients without having knowledge if its high or low cost...

Sometimes its always good to keep quiet, if you have nothing sensible to type.... don't take it as an offense, its an advice.

and you won't be advertising roof if I didn't do a roof tread - wld you?
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by KIDfurniture(m): 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ahhh baba don vex oh... babs abeg no vex ..
All will be well ..thank you

saydfact:
clefstone:
KIDfurniture:

Where I work, a QS begs me to do these calculations for her, the carpenters on site preparing cost estimate beg to learn how, the contractor who is trying to win a contract needs to know how his carpenter arrived on his cost, so he knows what to submit to the client.

@ KIDfurniture: you said u have a good roofer, I want to believe if he gives you a quote of N100 naira (eg) for a job, you just submit it straight to ur clients without having knowledge if its high or low cost...

Sometimes its always good to keep quiet, if you have nothing sensible to type.... don't take it as an offense, its an advice.

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2019
We've got a testimony we can be proud of..... cheesy

pics below

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by boay(m): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2019
saydfact:

I'm an Architect and I'm at your service wink wink wink

see my signature for contact. Thanks

Well-done here. I am a Quantity Surveyor
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2019
boay:

I'll save that in mind - thanks
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2019
boay:

I'll save that in mind - thanks for the compliments
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by blackz(m): 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Weldone for breaking it down for us. But can you also explain how to calculate the quantity of woods to be used for the roofing...?
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 8:11am On Nov 07, 2019
blackz:
Weldone for breaking it down for us. But can you also explain how to calculate the quantity of woods to be used for the roofing...?

OK... that's a bit complex but I'll plan towards that...
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Mrnairalandd: 2:06am On Dec 12, 2019
saydfact:
clefstone:
KIDfurniture:

I need your help. It’s important to me. I want to roof my 4 bedroom bungalow with stone coated roof tile but before then the woodwork needs to be done.

Can you please give me an idea of many woods i ll need for the rooftop. The number of woods given to me is scary. I am believing it has been inflated. I need your help on this.
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by KIDfurniture(m): 6:39am On Dec 12, 2019
Brother where is your project? All you need do is simple. Just assign someone to monitor the project, someone you trust . That us all. This same person should buy the woods for you. Nigerians are generally dubious. No one can be trusted. Just let them eat you a little but refuse to be a fool. I have see funny longspan installed at the speed of light because they dont want the owner to see the rubbish.. be at the site when the roof arrives from lagos, some will claim it came in from london.

Mrnairalandd:

I need your help. It’s important to me. I want to roof my 4 bedroom bungalow with stone coated roof tile but before then the woodwork needs to be done.

Can you please give me an idea of many woods i ll need for the rooftop. The number of woods given to me is scary. I am believing it has been inflated. I need your help on this.
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 7:54am On Dec 12, 2019
Mrnairalandd:

post your floor plan with dimension and roof plan and the quote you got....

If its something simple i.e roof design, i'll do it - IF
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Mrnairalandd: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2019
saydfact:

post your floor plan with dimension and roof plan and the quote you got....

If its something simple i.e roof design, i'll do it - IF

Thank you so much

The house is 4 bedroom and a living room with 2 toilet en-suite and one toilet

2D Sketch of the house(All I have with me here in Bauchi but the project is Ado Ekiti)

The 2nd picture below is the price and number of woods given to me by the carpenter. The price seems to have been inflated compare to the one i got from the building materials website

The 3rd picture is the price list on Nigeria price blogs where you can get current price of building materials.

Pls let me know your take on this
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
Mrnairalandd:

Thank you so much

The house is 4 bedroom and a living room with 2 toilet en-suite and one toilet

2D Sketch of the house(All I have with me here in Bauchi but the project is Ado Ekiti)

The 2nd picture below is the price and number of woods given to me by the carpenter. The price seems to have been inflated compare to the one i got from the building materials website

The 3rd picture is the price list on Nigeria price blogs where you can get current price of building materials.

Pls let me know your take on this

The prices and quote looks OK.... I'll tell you why...

1. Nail is more than 7k now in Lagos @ 7500-8000.
2. The wood quantity looks reasonable (I did a quote for someone on NL last week, got about same quantities)
3. The prices you got from the website ARE NOT RECENT - those were prices during Ya Adua's era - you can enter the sawmill and price yourself (1x1x12 says N400-N500 grin grin grin , same wood i brought for N1,550 - 2 weeks back ?)
4. Workmanship 120k, thats fair - price it down a bit, but note he didnt charge you out of whats obtainable..
5. See attached pics (In your case, your carpenter didn't plan to use 2x6, hence you should have more 3x4 and 2x4 in its place)

MY ADVICE - YOU HAVE A NICE QUOTE....

Goodluck

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Mrnairalandd: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
saydfact:

The prices and quote looks OK.... I'll tell you why...

1. Nail is more than 7k now in Lagos @ 7500-8000.
2. The wood quantity looks reasonable (I did a quote for someone on NL last week, got about same quantities)
3. The prices you got from the website ARE NOT RECENT - those were prices during Ya Adua's era - you can enter the sawmill and price yourself (1x1x12 says N400-N500 grin grin grin , same wood i brought for N1,550 - 2 weeks back ?)
4. Workmanship 120k, thats fair - price it down a bit, but note he didnt charge you out of whats obtainable..
5. See attached pics (In your case, your carpenter didn't plan to use 2x6, hence you should have more 3x4 and 2x4 in its place)

MY ADVICE - YOU HAVE A NICE QUOTE....

Goodluck

Thanks. God bless you! I really appreciate it. I ll go ahead with it. I just don’t want to be cheated.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2019
Mrnairalandd:

Thanks. God bless you! I really appreciate it. I ll go ahead with it. I just don’t want to be cheated.

It was good you confirmed... Always do, I'm available always also..

Goodluck
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 6:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020 TO EVERYONE HERE.

THIS YEAR WOULD BE GREATER THAN THE PREVIOUS.

AMEN...... #GRATEFUL
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Adeoba10(m): 9:51pm On May 20, 2020
Thanks alot for the good work. Please can you help me to calculate the roof dimension of my building through the plan?

@saydfact

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 6:10am On May 21, 2020
Adeoba10:
Thanks alot for the good work. Please can you help me to calculate the roof dimension of my building through the plan?

@saydfact

Thanks for the good words... Your question is not clear, do you want to calculate the materials needed for roofing (wood)? if yes, then you need to share the roof plan OR what exactly did you mean by roof dimension?

Goodluck
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Adeoba10(m): 3:24pm On May 21, 2020
saydfact:

Thanks for the good words... Your question is not clear, do you want to calculate the materials needed for roofing (wood)? if yes, then you need to share the roof plan OR what exactly did you mean by roof dimension?

Goodluck
Thanks for the reply.... The issue was that the plan was given to me by bricklayer, and that's the only picture i got from him. Do i need to go and design the roof plan? If yes, can you design it and how much will it cost me?
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 9:54pm On May 21, 2020
Adeoba10:

Thanks for the reply.... The issue was that the plan was given to me by bricklayer, and that's the only picture i got from him. Do i need to go and design the roof plan? If yes, can you design it and how much will it cost me?

To design a roof plan won't cost you anything especially when its a simple design...... I'll come up with one and share here.

if you dont get it tomorrow, send a reminder - i'm very busy lately.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Adeoba10(m): 5:15am On May 22, 2020
saydfact:

To design a roof plan won't cost you anything especially when its a simple design...... I'll come up with one and share here.

if you dont get it tomorrow, send a reminder - i'm very busy lately.

Goodluck
Thanks alot... I will really appreciate it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Transformed A Concrete Water Tower Into Four-Bedroom Mansion (Photos) / 3 Bedroom Design On A Half Plot By A Female Nairalander. Come Let Rub Minds / Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.