Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) (43369 Views)

Driver Of Trailer Who Crushed Students To Death In Lagos Has Been Arrested / Man Came Down From His Car And Started Dancing, After He Got Tired Of Traffic / The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by emeejinsm: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
Mean while our road no even wide like their own
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by deebrownneymar: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
Autojosh is back With a bang with back to back front page posts.
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by martineverest(m): 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
MrTAnonymous:
even New York traffic worst pass lagos
no mind that lazy blogger that combined that list...China and USA cities got worst traffic

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by martineverest(m): 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
deebrownneymar:
Autojosh is back With a bang with back to back front page posts.
with trash and fake report

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Sheguama: 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
Lie. What of China that had 15 days gridlock the other day?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Icebreeze(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2018
If you want to frame up something make it look real.
Mtcheeew.
Some lies are nice and even captivating, unlike this one that is irritating and annoying.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Edoziesmart(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2018
Bangladesh making top 1 in the list. unbelievable.
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

I rather stay in the land of developers than go to a place where I will earn 100K and spend 99K for transport fare coupled with staying in house made with brown roof and at the end, there is no assurance you will go back home to your fatherland with your skull intact. cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by EPIJOE: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

I rather stay in the land of developers than go to a place where I will earn 100K and spend 99K for transport fare coupled with staying in house made with brown roof and at the end, there is no assurance you will go back home to your fatherland with your skull intact. cheesy

U ARE AN IDIOT.
NA BY FORCE. ,�

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Gangster1ms: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

Oil dey your head grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

grin grin grin

My friend stop this afonjarascist posts...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by DTBCLICKS(m): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

skull mining 100%

Yahoo plus 100%

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Bobinovic: 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
i think y lagos didn't make the list is most likely because of factors such as police, pot holes and fallen tankers which are not present on other major cities roads.
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by anonymous96: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
Racoon:
Yes! Lagos kind of traffic is undisputable.
Lagos traffic is overrated tbh.
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
so for your mind Lagos na city? Lagos is not a city compared to those cities lolzz na joke i dey oo. moreover the reason for the hold up in Lagos is massive construction going on.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by frozen70(f): 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
As a result of no man's land
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
When china dey.
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by shomutuski(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
i know must of us didn't notice what i am about to say!!!

Go back and check all the pictures posted of traffics from all over the world! they all have one thing in common which is absence of petrol tanker on the highway, now check the picture of lagos...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by sonofthunder: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
autojosh:
In a 2018 ranking by research outfit, Numbeo, some cities around the world were ranked as having the most congested traffic in the world.

The ranking is arranged based on a combination of factors, such as the average time spent by a commuter on a one-way trip.

The city ranked as having the worse traffic congestion is Dhaka, Bangladesh.  It is recorded that an average commuter in Dhaka spends about 63.94 minutes on a one-way trip.

Dhaka is followed by cities like Kolkata, India (62.80minutes); Nairobi, Kenya (56.43minutes), Tehran, India (54.73 minutes), etc.

Other cities that made the top ranking are listed below.

Curiously, one wonders why Lagos, Nigeria did not make the top rankings list, given the fact that an average commuter spends far more than an hour commuting around the city - even higher than those that topped the ranking.

Or is there a better explanation for this?

Recife, Brazil

Recife, Brazil:Time Index in traffic on a one way trip (in minutes): 47.95

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil: Time Index in traffic on a one way trip (in minutes): 51.44

Tehran, Iran

Tehran, Iran: Time Index in traffic on a one way trip (in minutes): 54.73

Nairobi, Kenya

Nairobi, Kenya: Time Index in traffic on a one way trip (in minutes): 56.43

Mumbai, India

Mumbai, India: Time Index in traffic on a one way trip (in minutes): 58.22

Delhi, India

Delhi, India: Time Index in traffic on a one way trip (in minutes): 56.69

Sharjah, United-Arab Emirate

Sharjah, United-Arab Emirate: Time Index in traffic on a one way trip (in minutes): 57.00

Kolkata, India

Kolkata, India: Time Index in traffic on a one way trip (in minutes): 62.94

Dhaka, Bangladesh

Dhaka, Bangladesh: Time Index in traffic on a one way trip (in minutes): 63.94

https://autojosh.com/is-lagos-the-worst-case-of-traffic-congestion-in-the-word-photos/

yes... the person they sent to investigate hasn't returned, he is still in traffic.
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Westbestside: 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
Viicfuntop:

Was this suppose to be funny
Do youvneed to answer him. When a son is born stupid, no reedem.Ask him who invited his nonentity father yo lagos. We do not want those who enjoy human flesh as delicacy in our mist.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Lordofthewest(m): 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
Their family members selling gala would starve to death if not for Lagos traffic...Useless nonentities
Unik3030:
am 100% sure u have at least a family in Lagos n provided they invite u to come for break u will celebrate like winning a visa lottery but u form don online.weh-done

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Lordofthewest(m): 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2018
We learnt it from the redmud caliphate
Deltayankeeboi:

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Westbestside: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
DTBCLICKS:
skull mining 100%

Yahoo plus 100%
Lol, atleast, they do not face firing squad which is bedrock of some people.
Plus, they do no feast on the flesh like our leaster yanmiris

And they do not drink corpse water n erosion did not wash them away and kill son of their prominent musician grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Stevy007: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
Reporting live from South Waste Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy

CERTIFIED IDIOT

1 Like

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by femo86(m): 5:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:

You are wicked cheesy grin
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
Yes traffic in Kenya is worse than Lagos. Still experiencing it. The problem is routing tho, There aren't enough alternative routes. They are trying to do something like the brt lane but I am not sure it will work

1 Like

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by xcelentattitude(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2018
olusledge:
two weeks ago i spent 5 hours from ikorodu to ojuelegba.. the traffic was mad

I don't know if what you said is true, okay?

Me am just testing this meme ni o

Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by kolaaderin: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2018
NsukkaHONEY:
And who told you Nigeria is on the map
we have been looted off the map. The painful part is that Nigerian want them back in power. I just tired Us
Re: Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) by litaninja(m): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
lol.
People wey dey madt...

KanwuliaMama:
APC is WORKING!

Planting flowers all over Ikorodu for INSTAGRAM! grin

2-2 lane roads in business hub! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? / Tree Falls At Kintampo Waterfall In Ghana, Kills 20 Students Swimming, Injure 30 / A Small Truck Carrying 40ft Container In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.