Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem (3515 Views)

Can A Peugeot 307 Work As An Uber Car? / The Problematic Peugeot 307 / Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by 2cicily: 10:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please I need advice and suggestion as my Peugeot 307 most times overheats and sometimes don't. My mechanic have checked and found noting wrong.
I noticed this sudden rise in temperature on few short ride and took the vehicle to my mechanic, who after some checks said d vehicle is ok.
I used d vehicle for a week and all seems well. I was happy until last nyt, wifey went out with d vehicle and d temp start rising again with steam vaporising frm d bonnet.

Could this be as a result of my leaking radiator. Small leakage at the radiator that dnt even affect d level of water even when parked for a week.

Please help me with suggestions as hw to go Abt this. I dnt Wnt to waste moni changing parts that are nt necessary because Kazeem said so.
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by autologic: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
2cicily:
Please I need advice and suggestion as my Peugeot 307 most times overheats and sometimes don't. My mechanic have checked and found noting wrong.
I noticed this sudden rise in temperature on few short ride and took the vehicle to my mechanic, who after some checks said d vehicle is ok.
I used d vehicle for a week and all seems well. I was happy until last nyt, wifey went out with d vehicle and d temp start rising again with steam vaporising frm d bonnet.

Could this be as a result of my leaking radiator. Small leakage at the radiator that dnt even affect d level of water even when parked for a week.

Please help me with suggestions as hw to go Abt this. I dnt Wnt to waste moni changing parts that are nt necessary because Kazeem said so.
So you are fully aware you have a leaking radiator seal cooling system type for that matter and you are complaining of overheating ,you sow mango and you expect to reap coconut grin.I am sure by now that you must have fry the head gasket by now.
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by gly2ken: 10:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
Check you radiator, either it is leaking or dirty and needs washing.
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by mammanbawa: 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
First of all
Get the car scanned
You might try out these steps
Wash and fix the radiator or get a new one
Fill the radiator with coolant or distilled water (could be water from AC) not tap water
Check your water pump
Check your thermostat
Don't let your mech remove it and bypass your fans
I repeat
Don't

1 Like

Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by ttshems(m): 2:58am On Oct 10, 2018
U should check ur fans to see if they stop working Midway driving,
Could be ok when I start the car n stop midway

1 Like

Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by dannywest: 3:28am On Oct 10, 2018
Change the radiator. It should not leak small or big. When the car is hot the water/coolant you put expands(vapor) and would squirt from the leakage.
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by diportivo: 7:00am On Oct 10, 2018
2cicily:

small shocked

small shocked shocked

thebigkendo,we need advice here quickly

obekediamondfuto,u r not wanted on this thread,thank u tongue
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by uboma(m): 7:55am On Oct 10, 2018
autologic:

So you are fully aware you have a leaking radiator seal cooling system type for that matter and you are complaining of overheating ,you sow mango and you expect to reap coconut grin.I am sure by now that you must have fry the head gasket by now.

lols.

Some Nigerians lack good maintenance culture. imagine the way he described the leak from the radiator as being insignificant.

If the head gasket is burnt, he should be ready to replace the engine alongside the radiator.

2 Likes

Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by 2cicily: 8:49am On Oct 10, 2018
mammanbawa:
First of all
Get the car scanned
You might try out these steps
Wash and fix the radiator or get a new one
Fill the radiator with coolant or distilled water (could be water from AC) not tap water
Check your water pump
Check your thermostat
Don't let your mech remove it and bypass your fans
I repeat
Don't

Will do as you said. Might also need to check out d fan performance.
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
diportivo:

small shocked

small shocked shocked

don Dada, diportivo la coruna....

I don land

what brand of automobile are we discussing?
Peugeot?

nah, ain't my thing

after spending months back in Lagos, I am so grateful to God for not giving me the opportunity to buy that manual Peugeot I have been craving for since
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
2cicily:

Will do as you said. Might also need to check out d fan performance.

it's highly likely that it's the leak, ordinary vacuum in a Peugeot cooling system line and it's a very big problem talk more of leak.... the pressure inside the system cannot be up to par..... and the higher the pressure... the higher the boiling point
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by thebigkendo(m): 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
diportivo:

small shocked

small shocked shocked

the.bigkendo,we need advice here quickly

obeke.diamondfuto,u r not wanted on this thread,thank u tongue

Daunting leakage angry
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by searchng4love: 7:10am On Apr 05, 2020
diportivo:

small shocked

small shocked shocked

Y didn't you just address the issue?
Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by diportivo: 11:36am On Apr 05, 2020
searchng4love:

Y didn't you just address the issue?

Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by searchng4love: 11:43am On Apr 05, 2020
[quote author=diportivo post=88116764][/quote]
Hmm

Re: PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem by kernniejay(m): 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good "advices" above.

(1) (Reply)

How To Add & Activate Auxiliary Input On Peugeot RD4 CD Players / Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap / 21 Number Plate Codes Of Imo State And What They Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.