Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap (3524 Views)

Between 2003 Xterra And 2008 Honda Pilot. Which Is Better / The History And Evolution Of The Nissan Pathfinder / Between Nissan Pathfinder And Nissan Xterra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by kennybabs1980: 2:01am On Jul 21, 2021
I helped my uncle's wife to source and buy a Nissan Xterra on Monday. It is a 2003 model with round lamps. Very clean and everything was working perfectly. The only issue brought out through autoscan was a code which we resolved with 3k. We bought this SUV for 600k. I also found a 2001 pathfinder with the same dealer going for 600k and coukd even be less with negotiations but my Madame preferred the xterra because its neater and has better tyres and according to her, its more beautiful. She actually needed a "high car" because of the road leading to their new house which is not too good for her present corolla and her hubby, a force man don't have time looking for vehicles.
With this same dealer are 2003 Sienna going for 1.8M, 2002 4-runner going for 1M, 1999 Sienna going for 1M, 2003 Highlander going for 1.5M etc. My question is why are Nigerian used and neater Nissan SUVS far cheaper than their Toyota counterparts? Does it mean that Nissan SUVS have serious issues that made people not to really buy them? The dealer told me that with the higher prices, he sells more Toyotas and that people buy xterras and pathfinders mostly because of bad roads in his area.
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 21, 2021
Some pictures attached to this post would have being better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by kennybabs1980: 2:05am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:
Some pictures attached to this post would have being better.
Wow! I didn't bother to take picture at all. I'll go to my Madame later today to take picture of the xterra and attach it here.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 21, 2021
kennybabs1980:
Wow! I didn't bother to take picture at all. I'll go to my Madame later today to take picture of the xterra and attach it here.
Not it, just download a pix of the model off the internet and attached it.
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by wwwkaycom(m): 2:20am On Jul 21, 2021
There a number of reasons for this
1. Nissan SUVS like Xterra and pathfinder are far cheaper than their Toyota counterparts even as tokunbo. You can get a 2003 Xterra or pathfinder tokunbo for less than 2M today while a 2003 highlander goes for 3M and above.
2. Toyota is well overrated anywhere in Nigeria. That's why a 2003 Rav4 could still sell for over 2.5M today
3. I haven't used any Nissan SUV but people say it has more issues especially electrical issues than Toyota
Just tell the woman to ensure regular maintenance of the car, honestly you started well by scanning it, continue that way, get a good mechanic that is versed in Nissans, use original parts and you'll enjoy the vehicle for a very long time. No car will not work well with good maintenance culture, cheers.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by wwwkaycom(m): 2:28am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:

Not it, just download a pix of the model off the internet and attached it.
I think this

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 21, 2021
wwwkaycom:
this is the model, this same colour, not as clean as this being Naija used but not bad at all
That's really cheap, any idea about the maintenance cost.
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by AnalScatLover: 4:03am On Jul 21, 2021
kennybabs1980:
I helped my uncle's wife to source and buy a Nissan Xterra on Monday. It is a 2003 model with round lamps. Very clean and everything was working perfectly. The only issue brought out through autoscan was a code which we resolved with 3k. We bought this SUV for 600k. I also found a 2001 pathfinder with the same dealer going for 600k and coukd even be less with negotiations but my Madame preferred the xterra because its neater and has better tyres and according to her, its more beautiful. She actually needed a "high car" because of the road leading to their new house which is not too good for her present corolla and her hubby, a force man don't have time looking for vehicles.
With this same dealer are 2003 Sienna going for 1.8M, 2002 4-runner going for 1M, 1999 Sienna going for 1M, 2003 Highlander going for 1.5M etc. My question is why are Nigerian used and neater Nissan SUVS far cheaper than their Toyota counterparts? Does it mean that Nissan SUVS have serious issues that made people not to really buy them? The dealer told me that with the higher prices, he sells more Toyotas and that people buy xterras and pathfinders mostly because of bad roads in his area.
what is your location. Can you help me with a similar deal? The Nissan xterra?
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by kennybabs1980: 6:36am On Jul 21, 2021
AnalScatLover:
I'm in Akure, got ours from Ondo City. check these out.
https://www.nairaland.com/6610670/nissan-xterra-first-body-auxiliary#102871106

https://www.nairaland.com/6511532/distress-sale-nissan-xterra-2004#103924324
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by kennybabs1980: 6:45am On Jul 21, 2021
AnalScatLover:
This has been sold though, asking price was 550k.
https://www.nairaland.com/6497574/sold-registered-nissan-xterra-2001#100611543
Check through nairaland/autos, jiji etc. They come very cheap but beware of fraudsters though.
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by emmyN(m): 7:17am On Jul 21, 2021
NUREY

1 Like

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by olatommy7(m): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2021
Hello please
Is the Nissan Xterra in question 3 rows or 2 rows??
Thanks

kennybabs1980:

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by kennybabs1980: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
olatommy7:
Hello please
Is the Nissan Xterra in question 3 rows or 2 rows??
Thanks

2 rows ni o
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by xperiencelove(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
When you use Nissan Maxima, Sentra, Murano, Pathfinder, you will know the reason why anyone who sells his/her Nissan car especially the aforementioned ones will hardly buy Nissan products as replacement.
Nissan electrical issue is on another level.
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by diportivo: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2021
xperiencelove:
When you use Nissan Maxima, Sentra, Murano, Pathfinder, you will know the reason why anyone who sells his/her Nissan car especially the aforementioned ones will hardly buy Nissan products as replacement.

una don start undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by kennybabs1980: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2021
xperiencelove:
I want to agree with you to some extent. However with good maintenance, genuine parts, correct mechanic not road side, there's no car that one can't use. This maxima you mentioned here for example, one of my university professors have been using it since 2011 and its still like new in his hand. This man is so meticulous in handling his things. His wife drives a volkswagen touareg that people in my area are running away from and it has never given issue for once. Maintenance and well skilled mechanic is key Sir if one will use any vehicle without issues.
I have driven 3 Nissan cars, Almera, Primera and Altima and none has given me issues. My Subaru forester which some people discouraged me about on this platform is doing so great, I'm thanking God I bought it everyday.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by 2felix(m): 8:54am On Jul 22, 2021
kennybabs1980:

Can you help me with a similar deal? I like Nissan x trail .
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by kennybabs1980: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2021
2felix:

Can you help me with a similar deal? I like Nissan x trail .
We were actually looking for xtrail but the one here is too bad and is manual. Look like an accidented car that wasn't well handled. It'll take too much money from whoever buys it, that's how we settle for the xterra. Why not search for xtrail on jiji and on nairaland autos. They full there plenty
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by socialmerchant: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
kennybabs1980:

How’s your madam faring with the car now?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by kennybabs1980: 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
socialmerchant:

How’s your madam faring with the car now?
Doing so great, Little fixes here and there, thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by tripoli007(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2021
Don't worry , very soon ,u will know why Nissan cars are overly cheap just relax ..
Re: Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap by Antibettings: 7:12am On Oct 10, 2021
I'm falling Inlove with exterral already
I've been searching for pickup truck since but all has been above 1m
I'm thinking of attaching utility trailer to it whenever I'm going to farm �
Suggestion is welcome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 05/06 Stereo / Advise On Buying A Toyota Camry 2007 / PAN Nigeria Canvasses Intervention Funding For The Automobile Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.