Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

HELP Me Learn Esan!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / HELP Me Learn Esan!! (1576 Views)

Esan Contributions To Benin Empire.. Part 1 / Why Can't Bini, Urhobo, Ikwerre, Isoko, Esan, Afemai Be Seen As One? / History Of Esan People Of Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP Me Learn Esan!! by efua18: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
please answer and share
Re: HELP Me Learn Esan!! by okwabayi(m): 12:06am On Oct 10, 2018
Immerse yourself in the language first. Visiting an Esan speaking village is your best bet.
I understand the language very well but since I learned English first my speaking tone in the language is monotone. I pick from my vocabulary when speaking so sometimes it takes a while before I can deliver a proper sentence as I'm always thinking ahead what to say.

1 Like

Re: HELP Me Learn Esan!! by efua18: 7:43am On Oct 10, 2018
okwabayi:
Immerse yourself in the language first. Visiting an Esan speaking village is your best bet.
I understand the language very well but since I learned English first my speaking tone in the language is monotone. I pick from my vocabulary when speaking so sometimes it takes a while before I can deliver a proper sentence as I'm always thinking ahead what to say.

Thank you so much, I don’t live in nigeria but I will try and connect more with those that speak the language fluently
Re: HELP Me Learn Esan!! by okwabayi(m): 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
efua18:

Thank you so much, I don’t live in nigeria but I will try and connect more with those that speak the language fluently
Do you understand the language? If you do then you have a vocabulary you can start with.
Having someone around who you can practice it with is the best bet. It's most effective if the person lives with you as you will catch the language better. If this isn't present then I will recommend you forget about learning it till you come back to Nigeria.
It took me a month and half to speak it properly because my motivation was high. However since most people around me spoke English or pidgin I lost the ability with time. I can still speak it but reaching the proficiency I once had will take too much work which I'm not willing to put in.

1 Like

Re: HELP Me Learn Esan!! by J4JUVENTUS(m): 1:26am On Oct 14, 2018
efua18:
please answer and share
Efua Bordiaye?
Re: HELP Me Learn Esan!! by efua18: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2018
J4JUVENTUS:
Efua Bordiaye?

ofure!
Re: HELP Me Learn Esan!! by aotaigbe: 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2020
Download “Izesan! Speak Esan!” in your App Store! Available for iOS and android phone users!

Izesan! Speak Esan! is an Esan language-learning app for kids and adult beginners to Esan Nigerian
language and culture.
-Select from over 30+ lessons to learn Esan words and sentences.
-Play various games to test your Esan skills.
-Earn gifts and points as you learn to fill up your gallery.
-Monitor your growth on the public scoreboards as you continue to learn more Esan.
Re: HELP Me Learn Esan!! by aotaigbe: 5:35am On Jan 09, 2020
aotaigbe:
Download “Izesan! Speak Esan!” in your App Store! Available for iOS and android phone users!

Izesan! Speak Esan! is an Esan language-learning app for kids and adult beginners to Esan Nigerian
language and culture.
-Select from over 30+ lessons to learn Esan words and sentences.
-Play various games to test your Esan skills.
-Earn gifts and points as you learn to fill up your gallery.
-Monitor your growth on the public scoreboards as you continue to learn more Esan.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Pirates Wear Eye Patches? / Ayen - They / Them... Learn How To Speak And Write Urhobo Language / Rihanna Posts Pictures Of Herself At Illuminati Shrine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.