Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process (103263 Views)

Australian Sponsorship Visa Issue. / Spouse - Family Travel - Spouse Domestic Abuse Route. / Help: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Firemax: 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
11elleo:
if your office is accra, after biometrics, it takes a while (2-4 months) till you get medical request. so this is completely normal.

You really have to exercise patience o. Things thing can take a while, just hold on till u r called for medical
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Firemax: 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
11elleo:
nawa o. anyway sha, at this point, it's just to be patient

Checked gckey got counter foil 24th this month

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 11:54pm On Nov 29, 2023
nice! so you're just waiting for it to be returned. i see a ghost update in the pr tracker today but who knows what that even means
Firemax:

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Firemax: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2023
11elleo:
nice! so you're just waiting for it to be returned. i see a ghost update in the pr tracker today but who knows what that even means

Usually they say an agent is working on ur case and sometimes it's just a glitch
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2023
Nice. I just checked mine just now. My counterfoil was issued yesterday.
Waiting for passport to be returned now.

Firemax:

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by kingsoncj: 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
Hello all,

I got a postdoc position in Canada (I reside in Germany), my spouse stays in Nigeria, can i apply for our visa from my end or we apply for our individual visas separately? I want us to arrive same time in Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by slimy205: 4:21am On Dec 03, 2023
Congrats everyone. It's been two weeks since I got pre-arrival. Now I'm scared.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Lordfiido(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2023
Makibarbie:
Yes i did but still no update on it.
I haven’t seen anyone with an update as well. Just hoping this SS comes out soonest coz 6months is almost here.

Hi
I know it’s been a while you sent this but I’d like to know if one can leave Canada after applying for the work permit and re enter once it has been approved since the TRV is still valid.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2023
not much you can do right now but wait, for some people it takes a longer time between pre-arrival and ppr. but at least you are moving towards the end
slimy205:
Congrats everyone. It's been two weeks since I got pre-arrival. Now I'm scared.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2023
I wont advice you to leave coz the requirements is that you need to be in Canada, except it’s a quick trip you intend to make before returning to canada.

Lordfiido:

Hi
I know it’s been a while you sent this but I’d like to know if one can leave Canada after applying for the work permit and re enter once it has been approved since the TRV is still valid.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Lordfiido(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2023
Makibarbie:
I wont advice you to leave coz the requirements is that you need to be in Canada, except it’s a quick trip you intend to make before returning to canada.

Ok thank you very much. Can a month away be considered a quick trip. Also any idea how long the open work takes ?

Thank you very much
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2023
any updates today with passport stamping?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by pastee14: 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2023
Good evening house, please did anyone had their ppr request of recent?
I will like to know how many weeks it took them after biometrics to get the ppr request.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
if you check the previous pages of this post, many of us got ppr in the last 2-4 weeks. for me, it was about 6 months between biometrics and ppr
pastee14:
Good evening house, please did anyone had their ppr request of recent?
I will like to know how many weeks it took them after biometrics to get the ppr request.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by pastee14: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2023
11elleo:
if you check the previous pages of this post, many of us got ppr in the last 2-4 weeks. for me, it was about 6 months between biometrics and ppr
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Zeesville: 11:42am On Dec 05, 2023
@11elleo
Have you heard back from the Accra please? Any update?
11elleo:
any updates today with passport stamping?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by doreesy4k(f): 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2023
Take advantage of our Christmas bonus of 20% off of the price of Uber/U haul price for your airport pick-up on your arrival at Pearson International Airport Toronto.

Call +1 548, 577 4202 Our mini van is perfect for 6 passengers, more luggage space up 10 units of 23kg. We do airport pick-up & drop-off, moving and relocation, daily work schedule & inter city transport within Ontario. Thank you for anticipated patronage. 🤝🏻
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2023
Zeesville:
@11elleo
Have you heard back from the Accra please? Any update?
no update. Still waiting.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Zeesville: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2023
OK, thanks
11elleo:
no update. Still waiting.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by nairagenone: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2023
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Zeesville: 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
Use your local government Registry, that is what I used.
nairagenone:
Hi good people, this has probably been asked before but I just need a clear concise response as there seems to be so much ambiguity around this.

Should we use Ikoyi registry or any other local government registry is acceptable for spousal sponsorship ?

Anyone here have proof of using local government registry and it works ?

We want to use a local government registry 8n Osun State, the stress of coming to Lagos is too much.

Thank you all.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
My passport has been returned 🙏🏾
it took 10 working days between the process of submission and return.

DHL drop off in Lagos - 24 November

DHL delivered to VFS Nairobi- 27 November

VFS Nairobi delivered to IRCC for processing - 29 November

Counterfoil generated on GCkey account - 29 November

Passport arrived back at VFS Nairobi and ready for pick up - 30 November

DHL picked up at VFS for return - 1st Dec

DHL returned passport back to VFS Nairobi due to error in waybill number - 4th Dec

DHL pickup again after I contacted VFS and DHL to ask why I couldn’t track my shipment, it was a lot of back and forth sha at the end, i was asked to resend my return waybill paper - 5th Dec

Passport shipped: 5th Dec

Passport delivered and received - 7th Dec

I would like to commend the help of Nairobi VFS and DHL customer service reps for ensuring the issue was resolved with 3hours.they definitely have one of the best customer service team.

Also, if you have the plans to send to nairobi, ensure your return waybill is stapled and if possible attach two copies for them lol.

Thank you all for the support and i wish everyone the best from here 🙏🏾🎉🎉

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
Congrats!!!! You are done with this process
Makibarbie:

DHL returned passport back to VFS Nairobi due to error in waybill number - 4th Dec

DHL pickup again after I contacted VFS and DHL to ask why I couldn’t track my shipment, it was a lot of back and forth sha at the end, i was asked to resend my return waybill paper - 5th Dec

I would like to commend the help of Nairobi VFS and DHL customer service reps for ensuring the issue was resolved with 3hours.they definitely have one of the best customer service team.

Also, if you have the plans to send to nairobi, ensure your return waybill is stapled and if possible attach two copies for them lol.

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Firemax: 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
Makibarbie:

It's better to just send to kenya. I just got a message that my passport is in lagos vfs.
I submitted oct 27

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
wow that was a long wait, but congrats too! wish i could have sent to kenya. so your wait was about 6 weeks? Were you also getting progress messages from vfs or just a final ready for collection?
Firemax:

It's better to just send to kenya. I just got a message that my passport is in lagos vfs.
I submitted oct 27
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Firemax: 6:44am On Dec 09, 2023
11elleo:
wow that was a long wait, but congrats too! wish i could have sent to kenya. so your wait was about 6 weeks? Were you also getting progress messages from vfs or just a final ready for collection?

Yes
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by BabyDomainer: 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
Did you have to call or message them at any point?
Firemax:

I submitted oct 27
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Unclefatiu(m): 8:39pm On Dec 11, 2023
Makibarbie:

Please share your contact for the return label,I’ve tried sending you a DM. Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Firemax: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2023
BabyDomainer:
Did you have to call or message them at any point?

No I just waited
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by SophiaObiefule: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
Please how can one raise web form to submit the hospital slip that given after medical to IRCC
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2023
Has anyone who submitted their passport to vfs lagos in november received it back? at this point, hoping it will be returned by end of december. not looking like christmas will happen
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by overeighteen: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hi everyone, I need some good advice.
I am a Canadian citizen who relocated back to Nigeria in December 2022 and I started a relationship January this year.
We got married in September and currently about to apply for spousal sponsorship.
I am staying in Nigeria until the sponsorship is approved although we are also planning to apply for trv after we get AOR for the spousal sponsorship.

I am going through the forms now and I am in some kind of a dilemna ... I found out in form imm5532e that I am supposed to indicate if my parents(sponsor) attended the wedding.
Due to some differences and misunderstanding, my parents did not attend the wedding (they were not in support) but my wifes parents were in attendance and fully supported the wedding.

Can someone who has some experience about this educate me on how to handle this area ? I am a little worried that stating that my parents did not attend the wedding will be a red flag and I am not sure how to handle that.

Thank you for your time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (57) (Reply)

Information About Sweden Visa / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES / I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.