Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? (1479 Views)

Why Did Jesus Call His Disciples Little Children? / Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? / Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by mxpinky: 1:02am On Oct 13, 2018
You know the bible says Women are not second class citizens in the
Kingdom of God. In Christ Jesus there is
neither male nor female (Gal 3:28). Both men
and women have equal standing before God.
The Father loves both alike (2 Cor 6:18). The
husband and wife are "heirs together of the grace of life" (1 Pet 3:7). Women are not
inferior to men, because one is not
independent of the other (1 Cor 11:11,12).
Then Why did Jesus have 12 men as His
disciples, but no women? Does this mean He was sexist or unfair?.
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by sweetluv26(f): 1:04am On Oct 13, 2018
I'm thinking abt it cry
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by mxpinky: 1:07am On Oct 13, 2018
goodluck with that
N Godspeed
lalasticlala
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by donwhit(m): 1:20am On Oct 13, 2018
He had female disciples, just that the bible was compiled by men and men of those era did not regard women. His teachings about women were removed from the final draft of what we now call the bible

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by mxpinky: 3:33am On Oct 13, 2018
donwhit:
He had female disciples, just that the bible was compiled by men and men of those era did not regard women. His teachings about women were removed from the final draft of what we now call the bible
wow can we now say the bible is a work of men and its scriptures are lies ?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by sKeetz(m): 5:27am On Oct 13, 2018
He is a sexist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by peteruuu(m): 6:25am On Oct 13, 2018
mxpinky:
husband and wife are "heirs together of the grace of life" (1 Pet 3:7). Women are not
Be careful with your words.!

Sexist or unfair? Overstatement ma!

It's because women are NOT in the original Creation. Women are by-product. Man was originally created.
Need more help?, I'm ready to provide you with Bible Evidences.

PS- do not mind my 1st & 2nd sentences, I never meant to be RUDE or HARSH. I'm texting this with all humility. Thanks for understanding.
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2018
BECAUSE THE BIBLE IS A COMPILATION OF DIFFERENT BOOKS WRITTEN BY PRE-MEDIEVAL MISOGYNIST MEN WHO THOUGHT WOMEN WERE WORTHLESS ITEMS, AND ONLY GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE MALE'S SEXUAL SATISFACTION.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by felixomor: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2018
mxpinky:

Why are you a female instead of a male?
Pls tell us why.
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:59am On Oct 13, 2018
peteruuu:
Sexist or unfair? Overstatement ma!

It's because women are NOT in the original Creation. Women are by-product. Man was originally created.
Need more help?, I'm ready to provide you with Bible Evidences.

I FEEL BAD FOR WOMEN WHO SEE THESE THINGS EITHER IN THE BIBLE OR ELSEWHERE AND SWALLOW THOSE WORDS AS THE ABSOLUTE WORDS OF AN EXISTING ALMIGHTY LOVING GOD WHO CREATED ALL THINGS EQUALLY.

HOW YOU WOMEN STAY COMFORTABLE HEARING SOMEONE CONSTANTLY TELL YOU YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ALMOST EVERYTHING IS BEYOND ME.

WOMEN ARE BY-PRODUCTS... KAI!

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:03am On Oct 13, 2018
felixomor:

Why are you a female instead of a male? Pls tell us why.
TELL THIS FORUM WHY YOU'RE MALE INSTEAD OF FEMALE.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Dantedasz(m): 8:26am On Oct 13, 2018
How any woman thinks she can be a Christian beats me hollow. Christ himself,never had any female disciples. Paul/Saul who created the religion called Christianity never believed women should have a say in any thing concerning religion. Instead they should ask their husbands. No woman in Christianity is allowed to climb a pulpit and preach because the good book says so.
The problem with lots of Christian women is that they don't know what is in the Bible. The Bible itself contains lots of stories that degrade women,stories that show women to be second class human beings. Read the Bible is my sincere advise to any woman- you might learn something about your religion.
Meanwhile you might watch this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JIKOMQV5A

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by peteruuu(m): 8:26am On Oct 13, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I FEEL BAD FOR WOMEN WHO SEE THESE THINGS EITHER IN THE BIBLE OR ELSEWHERE AND SWALLOW THOSE WORDS AS THE ABSOLUTE WORDS OF AN EXISTING ALMIGHTY LOVING GOD WHO CREATED ALL THINGS EQUALLY.

HOW YOU WOMEN STAY COMFORTABLE HEARING SOMEONE CONSTANTLY TELL YOU you're not good enough for almost everything IS BEYOND ME.

WOMEN ARE BY-PRODUCTS... KAI!

That's just how it is bro. The TRUTH is always bitter, remember?.
I'm not here for arguments bro. I'm here to tell you the whole truth.
If you still have questions, your questions are welcome.
If you're still holding on to your unbelievers, don't worry... YOU'LL GET THERE WHEN YOU GET THERE.
Enjoy the rests of your day.

And yah...it's beyond human reasoning! You can't comprehend it. Our five senses were not designed by GOD to contact HIM, but our sixth sense, which is FAITH.
And faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hope for, the EVIDENCE of things NOT SEEN.

Questions? I'll glady reply sir. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by peteruuu(m): 8:41am On Oct 13, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
BECAUSE THE BIBLE IS A COMPILATION OF DIFFERENT BOOKS WRITTEN BY PRE-MEDIEVAL MISOGYNIST MEN WHO THOUGHT WOMEN WERE WORTHLESS ITEMS, AND ONLY GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE MALE'S SEXUAL SATISFACTION.
Overstatement sir! But well...

The HOLY BIBLE was not written by ordinary MEN, The Holy Bible was written by men INSPIRED by THE HOLY GHOST.

Musicians do have their spirits, poets do have a spirits, dancers also do! And so on....
If none of them are inspired from another realm, they can NEVER come up with anything they do.
The HOLY BIBLE was not written by humanistic ideas.

Any questions?
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by peteruuu(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2018
sKeetz:
He is a sexist.
Be careful with your words bro.
Peace !
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Horus(m): 9:03am On Oct 13, 2018
He was Gay
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by BigBrother9ja: 9:24am On Oct 13, 2018
[s]
peteruuu:

Overstatement sir! But well...

The HOLY BIBLE was not written by ordinary MEN, The Holy Bible was written by men INSPIRED by THE HOLY GHOST.

Musicians do have their spirits, poets do have a spirits, dancers also do! And so on....
If none of them are inspired from another realm, they can NEVER come up with anything they do.
The HOLY BIBLE was not written by humanistic ideas.

Any questions?
[/s]
Rubbish
So much so why the Bible is filled with errors and mistakes.
Why it was written that the earth is flat and the moon (it's own light) and the sun revolves round the earth.
Holy spirit kor, holy ghost ni

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:32am On Oct 13, 2018
peteruuu:

And yah...it's beyond human reasoning! You can't comprehend it. Our five senses were not designed by GOD to contact HIM

WHAT HAPPENED WITH ABRAHAM, ISSAC, JOSEPH, PAUL, BALAM, JONAH, EZEKIEL, ADAM, MOSES, TOBIT, AND THE ENDLESS LIST OF PEOPLE WHO CONTACTED HIM IN THE BIBLE?
WHAT ABOUT OUR PASTORS IN NIGERIA, OYEDEPO, TB JOSHUA, MUOKA, MBAKA AND THE REST THAT CLAIM TO CONTACT AND RECEIVE MESSAGES FROM THIS SKY DWELLING WIZARD? WHAT ABOUT THE FAITHFULS THAT CLAIM GOD SPEAKS AND LISTEN TO THEM.

IT'S EITHER YOU'RE TRYING TO PRETEND YOU DON'T KNOW THESE THINGS OR YOU'RE JUST A GRAND FOOL.

peteruuu:

YOU MUST BE THE GRANDEST OF FOOLS IF YOU THINK DEGRADING WOMEN IS THE "TRUTH".

I'LL RATHER GRATE MY FINGERS THAN REPLY YOU FURTHER.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by H0pefulLandl0rd: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2018
peteruuu:

Peace !

Seems you're new to this section. we've been wiping the floor with your god Yahweh and your mythical son of a Jewish carpenter for years now. stay and you'd get used to it

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by peteruuu(m): 9:33am On Oct 13, 2018
BigBrother9ja:
[s][/s]
Rubbish
So much so why the Bible is filled with errors and mistakes.
Why it was written that the earth is flat and the moon (it's own light) and the sun revolves round the earth.
Holy spirit kor, holy ghost ni
smiley The HOLY BIBLE is a complete book bro.

Don't worry, you may never believe now, but when you finally meet The Holy Angels...it will be too late.
I hope you repent today and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour. And it shall be well with you.
Peace bro.
Enjoy your weekend.
smiley
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by peteruuu(m): 9:39am On Oct 13, 2018
H0pefulLandl0rd:

Seems you're new to this section. we've been wiping the floor with your god Yahweh and your mythical son of a Jewish carpenter for years now. stay and you'd get used to it
I'm not new here bro.

...and may GOD ON YOU, HIS MERCIES do shower!
Repent today and turn to God!
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by peteruuu(m): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2018
""""WHAT ABOUT OUR PASTORS IN NIGERIA, OYEDEPO, TB JOSHUA, MUOKA, MBAKA AND THE REST THAT CLAIM TO CONTACT AND RECEIVE MESSAGES FROM THIS SKY DWELLING WIZARD? WHAT ABOUT THE FAITHFULS THAT CLAIM GOD SPEAKS AND LISTEN TO THEM""""

I ain't a follower of any of these men you've just listed and they're not my ABSOLUTE!.
I'LL EVEN BE ASHAMED TO BE IDENTIFIED WITH ANY OF THEM. Funny right?
The Genuine Word of God (JESUS CHRIST) "IS" my ABSOLUTE.

Psalms 118:8 says "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man".

God bless you. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by felixomor: 9:53am On Oct 13, 2018
H0pefulLandl0rd:

Wiping with many multiple fake monikers
To create the impression of "we"
So much for loneliness

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by H0pefulLandl0rd: 9:55am On Oct 13, 2018
felixomor:
Wiping with many multiple fake monikers To create the impression of "we" So much for loneliness
Okay
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by sladimeji(m): 10:12am On Oct 13, 2018
I think its because of the stress n risk involved... Most times the disciples are always travelling with Jesus from one city to another...He wouldn't want to subject any woman to that kind of stress. ...He was close to Martha and Mary though and they travelled with Him too
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Dantedasz(m): 10:24am On Oct 13, 2018
From this thread,it is obvious most Christian's have absolutely no knowledge of the council of Niccea and what that council had to do with the Bible.
The Bible was compiled under the inspiration of the Roman Emperor Constantine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by sKeetz(m): 11:15am On Oct 13, 2018
peteruuu:

Peace !

Or youll capslock me to death? undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Zither(m): 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
Op, who are you to tell God who to give calling and who not to give?

God builds and destroys, He punishes and He saves, He created light and darkness. Who are you, a mere human who has not lived up to 100 years, to tell God in whom dwells infinity wherein quadrillion years (x1000000000) are much lesser than a speck of dust that His decisions or actions are unfair?

Maybe you are wise in your eyes. In that case, please do the needful and supply answers to the questions God asked Job in chapter 38 of the book of Job then you can know why Jesus did not appoint female disciples.

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by peteruuu(m): 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
sKeetz:

Or youll capslock me to death? undecided
No. smiley I'm not a killer bro.

I love everyone.
Peace be unto you bro.
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by peteruuu(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
H0pefulLandl0rd:

Don't you worry, "YOU'LL GET THERE WHEN YOU GET THERE".
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Onlinealaba(m): 4:27am On Oct 14, 2018
y
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Onlinealaba(m): 4:39am On Oct 14, 2018
Jesus' interactions with women are an important element in the theological debate about Christianity and women. Women are prominent in the story of Jesus. He was born of a woman, had numerous interactions with women, and was seen first by women after his resurrection. culled from Wikipedia
Jesus has many women disciples even though most of them were not brought to limelight, Mary and Martha are clear examples aside that there are many secret followers of Christ that time which is made up of both men and women, try and study the word of God and avoid unnecessary argument and debates.. bless up and happy Sunday.

check my siggy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Arome Osayi`s Inspired Prophecy For 2019 / Is President Emmanuel Macron The Antichrist? / Christ Abolished The Law Through In His Flesh.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.