Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Us Announces New Visa Fees - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Announces New Visa Fees (11089 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / US Announces New Visa Processing For Nigeria / How Much Is Visa Fees To U.k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Announces New Visa Fees by supereagle(m): 6:40am On Jul 14, 2010
The United States Department of States has announced a worldwide change to fees associated with certain categories of immigrant visas and American ,

The statement said the US Embassy in Abuja and the US Consulate-General in Lagos would begin collecting the new fees from individuals submitting applications on or after Tuesday (13th July).

Under the new worldwide schedule of fees, the application fee for immigrant visas in immediate relative and family preference cases (processed on the basis of an I-130, I-600 or I-800 petition) will be $330. The application fee for employment-based cases (processed on the basis of an I-140 petition) will be $720.

Diversity Visa applicants will pay a total fee of $819, including application processing and security surcharge fees.

Changes to fees covering American citizen services include new passport, birth registration and notarial fees. The total charge for a first-time US passport for an adult, including the application fee, security surcharge, and execution fee, will be $135; for an adult’s US passport renewal, the total fee will be $110; and for a minor’s US passport, the total fee will be $105.

A new fee of $82 for inserting additional passport pages into a US passport will be imposed. The fee for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad will be $100. Notarial fees will be $50 per notarised document.

“In general, the new fees are due in full for any services provided on or after July 13, 2010. All fees are payable in US dollars or the equivalent in Naira.

“The new, tiered fee structure was created to cover the higher costs for processing certain categories of consular services that are more complicated and require more in-depth consideration.

“The US Department of State is required to recover, as much as possible, the cost of processing consular services through the collection of these fees. The US Department of State began collecting increased fees for nonimmigrant visa applications on June 4, 2010,” it added.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201007130442681
Re: Us Announces New Visa Fees by supereagle(m): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2010
Wil you still like to head to the USA with this new high fees?
Re: Us Announces New Visa Fees by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2010
supereagle:

Wil you still like to head to the USA with this new high fees?
Yes ooo!
Re: Us Announces New Visa Fees by shilling(f): 10:35pm On Jul 18, 2010
^ ^ ^
I wonder why people are so crazy about the USA? I really don't get it. Go to Canada, same quality of education; and you'll pay less. Besides, I've experienced both and Canada is waaaay better.

Unless you're attending an Ivy League school or another one way up, save your money and go to Canada.
Re: Us Announces New Visa Fees by oyewolejos(m): 1:59am On Jul 19, 2010
shilling:

^ ^ ^
I wonder why people are so crazy about the USA? I really don't get it. Go to Canada, same quality of education; and you'll pay less. Besides, I've experienced both and Canada is waaaay better.

Unless you're attending an Ivy League school or another one way up, save your money and go to Canada.

U wish Canada was way better but sorry to dash your hope, Wishes aint horses
Re: Us Announces New Visa Fees by shilling(f): 3:28am On Jul 19, 2010
What on earth are you talking about? What hope? What wish? I've lived/live in both places, and that's been my experience, and the experience of many people I know.
Re: Us Announces New Visa Fees by oyewolejos(m): 4:29am On Jul 19, 2010
shilling:

What on earth are you talking about? What hope? What wish? I've lived/live in both places, and that's been my experience, and the experience of many people I know.
Look u got nothing on me on this one.We all know the Economy of Canada is growing rapidly and Canada is open to all types of Immigrant legal or illegal.But babe, its not as easy as we put it,Canada is still way behind the US in terms of Education and quality of life.Even the weather in America is better than that of Canada.Canada is the second largest country in the world but a very few population to live inside.Like u know population moves the country forward.U can't just say because if u go to Canada u can get your papers in less than 6 months then rush to a conclusion that Canada is waaaay better,No.There are still some fundamental things that makes US a hot cake for greener pastures seeking immigrant.
And u know that getting a Canadian Visa is like rocket science from Nigeria compared to the US visa.The two countries shares some similarities but US still stand way above Canada.
Personally for me after US then Canada if am to choose. But who knows u might have a point so go ahead and lets share our views.We learn everyday
Re: Us Announces New Visa Fees by shilling(f): 6:03am On Jul 19, 2010
oyewolejos:

Look u got nothing on me on this one.We all know the Economy of Canada is growing rapidly and Canada is open to all types of Immigrant legal or illegal.But babe, its not as easy as we put it,Canada is still way behind the US in terms of Education and quality of life.[b]Even the weather in America is better than that of Canada.[/b]Canada is the second largest country in the world but a very few population to live inside.Like u know population moves the country forward[b].U can't just say because if u go to Canada u can get your papers in less than 6 months then rush to a conclusion that Canada is waaaay better,N[/b]o.There are still some fundamental things that makes US a hot cake for greener pastures seeking immigrant.
And u know that getting a Canadian Visa is like rocket science from Nigeria compared to the US visa.The two countries shares some similarities but US still stand way above Canada.
Personally for me after US then Canada if am to choose. But who knows u might have a point so go ahead and lets share our views.We learn everyday
Weather: Depends on where you live - in the 2 countries.

I never said Canada was better cos of immigration. Going back to my original post, I talked about education. Again, I've experienced both and I'd say the quality of education in the US and Canada is is very similar. Welll, in my major it is. Same quality of education, why would anyone want to pay more? Like I said, if a person is in an Ivy League school, or one of the top 25 - it would make sense. Even in the top schools, it's not always about the education, but about the prestige.

From my experience, the quality of life in Canada is better. In the USA, unless you're living up North (ND, SD, MN, etc), it's crazy. The weather is crappy but the cost of living is decent. There are still many jobs in most parts of Canada, the weather isn't all bad, decent cost of living(BC has a high cost of living compared to many provinces, but is as breath taking as can be), relatively safe cities, health care that works, what more would a person want?

Yeah, like u said - we learn everyday.

Anyways, I'm derailing the thread. This thread was about education in the USA, which I think is not really worth it!!
Re: Us Announces New Visa Fees by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2010
I am definately up for canada on this one. cool
Re: Us Announces New Visa Fees by papa190(m): 12:14am On Jul 21, 2010
im goin 2 canada soon then~

(1) (Reply)

How much is switzerland visa and flight ticket money in nigeria.. please help / I Need An Appointment At The Italian Embassy In Lagos / Pls How Can I Get Work Permit From Nigeria To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.