Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,146 members, 7,845,795 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Keep Your Pvc, But It's Time To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Keep Your Pvc, But It's Time To Pray (245 Views)

Another Catholic Priest Starts 'no Pvc No Entry'. / "You Must Collect Your PVC" - Pastor Adeboye Charges RCCG Members / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keep Your Pvc, But It's Time To Pray by ezeks007(m): 9:28am On Oct 14, 2018
The political scene in Nigeria has seen the rise and fall of various actors in a twist of comedy and tragedy. Comedy by farceurs at the high chambers causing frictional altercations between origins of eve of the sane public. While tragedy it is on the other hand with the majority population, " Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child, and thy princes eat in the morning! " [Ecclesiastes 10:16]. Either ways, this is a lamentation.
As though confused on how to react to this drama called Nigerian politics, and having come under severe attacks , the church also succumbed to the public opinion that it's security and continuity lies in PVCs! The Nigeria church's sudden revival of it's interest in national politics was simply to save it's on life, after all, 'why sit we here until we die?" was the cry of the 4 lepers in the bible who ended famine in Israel many years ago. Thus it is only natural that the church react to it's perceived antichristian attacks it has supposedly faced in recent times. However, the reaction of the church to this perceived anti-islamization stance has been and still is a backward step in the south-south direction.Just like the heathen, we have resorted to the use of carnal weapons...the most carnal of which is PVC!

I plead humble when I disregard the power of PVC as a machinery in bringing the desired change. This is because Democracy is a system hinged on majority public opinion...whether sane, gullible or blinded! The church being the property of Christ himself is under theocratic rule even though it's under a democratic government. The clamour for PVCs as only hope of Christianity survival in Nigeria then is simply way of turning against God and as well denying his existence and rulership! I happened before when the Israelites rejected God as king and requested for 'king' like other nations in the book of Samuel.

Who then shall we vote?
While such comments as "INEC don't count prayers, they count PVCs" are still ringing loud in the hearts of many Christians, I ask, with the PVC who shall we vote? King Solomon acknowledged the limitation of human wisdom when he confessed "for thou, even thou only, knowest the heart of all the children if men" (1kings 8:39) Disappointment is yet looming if we base our judgement of the right and most fit candidate on carnal reasoning, for no one can tell what he may become when he steps into the corridors of power and influence! How power changed hands from Prayer to PVCs in the life of Christians begs the question again that when Christ comes, shall he find Faith on earth?...or to be precise shall he find faith in the Nigeria church??

The Cyrus effect
Thee came to a point in the existence of the Jews, when God granted them deliverance from oppression and possible extermination. However, God didn't raise a David or a Gideon to bring this to pass, instead he chose Cyrus king Cyrus was an heathen king! He wasn't a believer of the gospel! . By definition,an heathen worships idol! There was no single reference that Cyrus served Jehovah God, yet God anointed him, for the sake of Israel (Isaiah 45:1&4). God even said " I have surnamed thee though thou hast not known me". All these were for a reason : "that they may know....that there is none beside God" (verse 6).
The Cyrus effect created by God was one which God by-passed the thoughts of his people and chose rather to anoint stranger to the fold to save the fold. After all, the earth is the Lord and it's fullness thereof. God would not want his Children to subject themselves to the dirty politics of Babylon at that time, So he didn't even anoint a Christian, Rather,God put an unbeliever (maybe a Muslim this time) to deliver the Christians from all their fears! Before you crucify me on a resurrection day, please understand that God anointed Esther and Daniel to participate when he wanted to in the past also.
Again I ask you my readers, who then shall your PVC anoint?

The decision makers
A one-time prime minister of the state of Israel, Solomon, rightly stated that "...and that which is to be hath already been" (Eccle 3:15)...
I will open the pages of history that we may learn from the ancients how matters as such relating to the rulership of nations were decided and executed. First that time when there coexisted a world power named Nebuchadnezzar and word-power of certain persons in a kingdom, the equilibrium favoured the reign of Nebuchadnezzar until the watchers petitioned the most high...and PVC was never a factor.
An object (of reference) will continue in it's state of unrest unless acted upon by an external force... This is Inertia and it is as well a principle of bro Newton... For every change that has ever occurred in a Nation, an external force has always been decisive in either stopping the motion of things or setting in motion. The battle that overthrew the godless regime of babylon and established Godliness without-fear of Islamization or ethnic cleansing or whatever- of Nebuchadnezzar was fought on the knees...It says in Daniel 4:17 "This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the Holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most high ruleth in the kingdom of Nigeria and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men". It was the Decree of the watchers and the word of the holy ones that restructured Babylon! Their protest was unto God who had power to do all things. The holy ones initiated the external force that stopped the unrest in Babylon... God however didn't end the tenure of the president, he extended it ! - Get wisdom here.

Elijah was a man of prayer...thus he could summon the external influence he needed to change the situation of things. This man single-handedly prayed that there would be no rain upon a whole nation for three years.
"And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word."(1 Kings 17:1)
A soverign nation had their means of survival : farming, drinking, etc dependent upon the word of a single man! Thus was the potency of prayer when activated by a Holy man, how much more would it be if it were a holy church this time!
The Christians whose hopes are in their PVCs should as well hope that their PVC do not outlive them within the space of four years should they in their human wisdom choose the right candidate!
I am here not here to crucify the the voters, but again I say that this matter will be decided by the decree of the watchers and by the word of the holy ones. Whether Cyrus or a reformed Nebuchadnezzar, it will be by the word of the faithfuls. It's time to pray for the peace of Nigeria!
Re: Keep Your Pvc, But It's Time To Pray by Liveair: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2018
Mtchew, which country has prayer helped? Pls prepare your PVC.

(1) (Reply)

Why Different Types Of Christian And Believe / Why People Fall Under Anointing In Churches / Who Do You Look Up To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.