Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban (12541 Views)

Ebonyi: Man Caught Raping His Neighbour's 12-Year-Old Mentally Unstable Daughter / Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle / Man Shoots Friend In Anambra Over N1,000 Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by Nobody: 4:48am On Oct 15, 2018
An Ebonyi man identified as Enyim Akpaga, reportedly killed himself in Amukabia village, Achalla in the Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State, over the recent okada ban in the state. 

The 21-year-old Ebonyi man who had hard times caused by the okada ban, was a commercial motorcyclist in the state before the trade was banned by the Anambra State Government in July this year.

”Since that time, Enyim has not seen anything meaningful to do and he was complaining to some of us that he had become frustrated.

“Though it had been about two weeks I saw him last, I’m sure his predicament had something to do with the okada ban in the state” a source told Punch's correspondent. 

While this is the second suicide case over the okada ban, it was gathered that the State government insisted that the ban must be, stating that the operators on the guise of okada riders would rob unsuspecting members of the public.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Haruna Mohammed who confirmed the incident said; 

“One Sunday Okpaga of Ebonyi State but resides at Oye in Achalla, Awka North LGA reported at Achalla division that his cousin, one Enyim Akpaga  allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself.

“Scene was visited by police detectives attached to Achalla Division and corpse was immediately taken for burial without autopsy to Ebonyi State by relatives who claimed and insisted  that was part of their tradition" he said. 

https://lailasnews.com/ebonyi-man-kills-self-in-anambra-over-okada-ban/

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 15, 2018
COMITING SUCIDE IS NOTHING.. BUT A MERE DISPLAY OF A COWARD....
REST IN HELL...
*sips the blood of buhari*

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by Anigreat: 5:05am On Oct 15, 2018
shocked

Thank God Incompetent Buhari is loading his things in truck, I'll personally help him push it to daura.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by madridguy(m): 5:10am On Oct 15, 2018
Wetin be Buhari own for this case? Una sleep well at all?

Anigreat:
shocked

Thank God Incompetent Buhari is loading his things in truck, I'll personally help him push it to daura.
miracood:

REST IN HELL...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by benuejosh: 5:26am On Oct 15, 2018
In Anambra.Who Banned Okada in Anambra? well, Buhari must be blamed for this.

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:36am On Oct 15, 2018
miracood:

REST IN HELL...

Anigreat:
shocked

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:37am On Oct 15, 2018
madridguy:
Wetin be Buhari own for this case? Una sleep well at all?

Lol wink cheesy.
Guess they had a nightmare about Baba!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by sacajawea: 10:24am On Oct 15, 2018
Naaaa the Ban Triggered
That was the Last straw

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by chuksanambra: 10:26am On Oct 15, 2018
This Anambra against others attitude won't benefit anyone.

The fight between Obiano and Umahi over renaming Abakaliki street and the okada ban are some of the remote causes of the problems with Umahi's candidature.
Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by Proffdada: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2018
Everyone is going suicidal in this tenure angry
What will happen if atiku becomes president?

Meanwhile check out this Coolpad

https://www.nairaland.com/4739350/urgent-sale-letv-coolpad-cool#72102135
Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by zombieTRACKER: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2018
oshe111:

I've always been one of those advocating against Igbo's marginalization but I feel they aint even ready to lead themselves not to talk of leading Nigeria

I mean, same set of people were clamouring for Atiku to give them his VP' Slot and now that he did, instead of them to commend him and be genuinely happy they are saying they werent consulted(like say na them give Atiku money take buy presidential ticket)

The South East leaders are too disorganised to rule Nigeria, if mere VP Slot is causing all these mayhem.

It means that region will burn if Presidency is zoned to them becausing of their personal gains
SE is more or less a time bomb waiting to explode if they are granted Biafra......

Their disunity is nauseating and appalling honestly

I SHAME FOR THEM, TUEEEH!!!

Zombie dey smell

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by Etizz: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2018
The funniest truth is, the government don't care....

Why kill yourself when you have hope.....
Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by emmabest2000(m): 10:27am On Oct 15, 2018
Life is not for the weak shikena

Meanwhile...
If u see unclad man at first look in the picture below hit like .... grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by Contumely: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2018
miracood:

REST IN HELL...

When fools talk we know.

You don't know how hard life is for many out there.

Some of us have got no bragging rights because we were merely privileged and had the opportunity to go to school and do many things.

If some of these people had the opportunity we had they would do better.

It's actually bravery to take one's life.

A dolt like you can't do that because you will prolly be afraid of hell wimp.

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by oshe111(m): 10:29am On Oct 15, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Zombie dey smell
Lol.....

Check my posts.....
I've been accused of being IPOB more than U

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by zombieTRACKER: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2018
oshe111:
Lol.....

Check my posts.....

I've been accused of being IPOB more than U

Who cares what you are?

No time for petty things

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2018
miracood:

REST IN HELL...

Disgusting
Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by dazzlingd(m): 10:32am On Oct 15, 2018
Good news.
One less nuisance to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by smart1712: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2018
Don't know y ppl from that part of the country don't think straight, that's not the solution.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by hotplate: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2018
w
Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by oshe111(m): 10:34am On Oct 15, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Who cares what you are?

No time for petty things

Na so....

Igbos fall my hand bruh

We shud be planning to usurp Buhari not all these petty things from Igbo leaders
Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by zombieTRACKER: 10:35am On Oct 15, 2018
oshe111:

Na so....

Igbos fall my hand bruh

You never had any hand

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by Ategberoson(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

na Buhari ban okada illiterate?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Man Kills Self In Anambra Over Okada Ban by oshe111(m): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

You never had any hand
I do bruh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power-drunk Lagos DPO Leads Team To Mosque For Raid, 'We paid N30k For Bail' / Bandits In Zamfara Kidnap 20 Women, Kill 7 People / Man Jailed For Six Months For Stealing Infinix Phone In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.