Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,188 members, 7,845,901 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? (569 Views)

Which Miracle Of Jesus Christ Do You Think Was The Greatest? / Bishop Isaac Idahosa's Car Garage In Pictures / Convoy Of Pastor Isaac Idahosa: Daddy Freeze, Others React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 16, 2018
I can't say exactly but i could only imagine how horrifying the experience would've been for him at the time. For it is scary enough to have someone that close to killing you, but when that same person happens to be your blood father who you've known all your life to be very loving and caring towards you, it becomes an entire different thing. Something i believe though is that what transpired on that very occasion would have been very pivotal to his relationship with God later on, as he was an eye witness of all that happened at that moment when he would have taught he'd breathed his last, and then the timely intervention of God to stop his father from carrying it out. And then the sacrifice of the lamb in his place and everything else that took place afterwards, he was a witness to it all with both his eyes and ear. So although it may have been a very horrifying experience at the beginning, turned out an invaluable one to him in the end as he was said to have also walked with the God of his father Abraham.
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2018
"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of. And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him. Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off. And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you. And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together...
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 16, 2018
...And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me...
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2018
...And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen. And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice." Gen 22:1-18.(KJV).
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by orisa37: 7:24am On Oct 16, 2018
Abraham is Faith.
Isaac is The(Article).
Christ is The-Faith. The two combined.
Christ Crucifixion and Resurrection was a complete Replay of Isaac's Relevance to God. Isaac was The Son of Man.
Isaac full of Grace(Holy Spirit directly from God) would be saying, "if this Cup could be taken away from me". The Cup was taken away and replaced by The Lamb of God which carried away The Sins of The World. It was The Lamb that John saw at The Temple of Grace in The Revelation.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
orisa37:
Abraham is Faith.
Isaac is The(Article).
Christ is The-Faith. The two combined.
Christ Crucifixion and Resurrection was a complete Replay of Isaac's Relevance to God. Isaac was The Son of Man.
Isaac full of Grace(Holy Spirit directly from God) would be saying, "if this Cup could be taken away from me". The Cup was taken away and replaced by The Lamb of God which carried away The Sins of The World. It was The Lamb that John saw at The Temple of Grace in The Revelation.
Preach oh preacher...but then if Jesus crucifixion and ressurection was a complete replay of what happened to Isaac, why wasn't the cup also taken away from Jesus?
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by orisa37: 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2018
jesusjnr:
Preach oh preacher...but then if Jesus crucifixion and ressurection was a complete replay of what happened to Isaac, why wasn't the cup also taken away from Jesus?

Jesus was not only Son of Man but as Christ, He is Son of God also.
As soon as The Holy Spirit reminded Him of Himself, He surrendered to The Will of God.
May The Will of God prevail in The coming 2019 Election. IJN AMEN !!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
orisa37:

As soon as The Holy Spirit reminded Him of Himself, He surrendered to The Will of God.
Yes i'm absolutely with you on that one, but not just with regards the upcoming elections, but that God's will be done in our individual lives. Amen!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
orisa37:

So in a nutshell you are saying that you agree with me then that it wasn't what happened to Isaac that was the complete replay of Jesus crucifixtion and ressurection but what happened to the lamb. For while Isaac represented mankind the lamb represented Jesus who died in the place of man.
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by orisa37: 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ok.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
orisa37:
Ok.
Nice one bro. God bless you.
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by obinna58(m): 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
Seems God can't do without playing some stupid games with he's servant even when he has already arranged and put everything as he pleases,
The poor son of Abraham must have suffered alot from the hands of his delusional father
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
obinna58:
Seems God can't do without playing some stupid games with he's servant even when he has already arranged and put everything as he pleases,
The poor son of Abraham must have suffered alot from the hands of his delusional father

Stupid games and delusional father? I would rather be Isaac's shoes than in yours oh!
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by obinna58(m): 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
jesusjnr:
Stupid games and delusional father? I would rather be Isaac's shoes than in yours oh!

Why wouldn't you when you can justify evil acts with religious beliefs
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 16, 2018
obinna58:

Why wouldn't you when you can justify evil acts with religious beliefs
Ok now i can see where you are coming and i would still rather suffer the supposed "evil acts" that Isaac passed through and later be in heaven than to be in your "hell fire" bent shoes right now if you don't repent.
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by obinna58(m): 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
jesusjnr:
Ok now i can see where you are coming and i would still rather suffer the supposed "evil acts" that Isaac passed through and later be in heaven than to be in your "hell fire" bent shoes right now if you don't repent.
I know you will but Repent from what exactly?
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
obinna58:

I know you will but Repent from what exactly?
You know already but you are one of those who wouldn't believe first until you see, so wait till then so that you'll not only see and believe but also be living inside.
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by obinna58(m): 12:01am On Oct 17, 2018
jesusjnr:
You know already but you are one of those who wouldn't believe first until you see, so wait till then so that you'll not only see and believe but also be living inside.
If you want to believe atleast believe something reasonable not sh**ts
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 17, 2018
obinna58:

If you want to believe atleast believe something reasonable not sh**ts
Well i wish you a swell time with your "something reasonable".
Re: What Do You Think Was On Isaac's Mind With His Father About To Slash His Throat? by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 30, 2018
Isaac curiously asked his father where the lamb for the sacrifice was, Abraham his father prophetically even without knowing it, said that God would provide the lamb for the sacrifice. And indeed God did provide the lamb for the sacrifice.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Music Of The Month (october 2018) So Far / "Increase My Faith" - New Single By Emmanuel Dickson / Happy Birthday To Pastor Benny Hinn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.