Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,315 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Don't Get Bitten! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Don't Get Bitten! (991 Views)

Hero Saves Drowning Dog Only To Be Immediately Bitten By The Dog (pictures) / California: Hero Dog Pushes Owner Out Of The Way Of A Rattlesnake, Gets Bitten / A Nigerian Got Bitten By His Snake Pet (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Get Bitten! by Prodeegee(m): 11:59am On Oct 16, 2018
"The magical hand."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7964949_fbimg1539676529833_jpeg9f89582990df36d711f0c183476067e1

Sometimes well meaning people reach out with their hand to "make friends" with a dog. The idea is that if the dog can sniff their hand, the dog will eventually like that person.

This is also a great way to get bitten by some dogs. A reaching hand can be perceived as a threat and some dogs have learned that biting makes that hand go away very quickly!

A better option is to allow the dog to *come to you* if they are interested in sniffing, and simply ignore them until they give you indications that they are seeking an affiliative interaction.
Of course, if you are not sure about the dog's body language, OR there is a history of biting, OR you don't need to handle the dog at all, it is best to keep on walking by!

@puppyplace.ng

1 Like

Re: Don't Get Bitten! by Onozboy(m): 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hmm
Re: Don't Get Bitten! by johnnyn1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2018
OP is very funny.

OP avnt come across Large breed I guess, they ferocious look enough is a warning to keep u off ur feet.
Re: Don't Get Bitten! by Prodeegee(m): 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2018
johnnyn1:
OP is very funny.

OP avnt come across Large breed I guess, they ferocious look enough is a warning to keep u off ur feet.
trust me, the op has

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Sues Her Neighbor’s Dog For Raping & Putting Hers In The Family. / My Neighbor Is About To Mix Pure Female Rott With 95% Cuacacian / Online Wholesale Dog Supplies On Petsoo.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.