Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) (34793 Views)

Interesting Fun Facts About The Human Body / Human Blood: Origin, Classification And Characteristics / 20 Interesting Human Tongue Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by obafemee80(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
We all know that our blood system is really complicated, that’s why it’s important to take care of your heart and know your blood type. Unfortunately, many people don’t know about all the opportunities of our body.

Bright Side has collected interesting scientific facts about our blood that you probably don’t know.

1)It would take 1,120,000 mosquitoes to drain all the blood from an adult human.

2)To make blood circulate, the heart creates such pressure that it can release a 30-ft-high stream of blood.

3)A human being can live without a pulse. In 2012, doctors installed a device in 55-year-old Craig Lewis’ body that allows blood to circulate throughout his body without a pulse.

4)Stan Larkin lived 555 days without a heart, waiting to receive a transplant. His own heart was replaced with a device that Stain used to carry in his backpack. He could even play basketball.

5)The amount of blood that passes through the body in circulation in 25 days is approximately equal to a medium-sized swimming pool.

6)A person may lose 40% of their blood and still stay alive. Of course, a timely blood transfusion is needed.

7)21% of all heart attacks happen on Mondays. A second peak happens on Fridays. Scientists assume that the reason is an “outpouring” of stress hormones in the beginning of a week.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by obafemee80(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
sorry for the delays,i was banned by the anti-spam bot grin

coolOur heartbeat influences our mood.Scientists studied this phenomenon when a man was fitted with a new heart. After the surgery, his mind, feelings, and actions changed in unusual ways.

9)To reduce the risk of a heart attack, you have to wake up slowly in the morning and reduce the intensity of evening workouts.

10)Coconut water is able to replace blood plasma thanks to their similar compositions.

11)Blood groups may be a reason for divorce. Scientists have found out that there is a link between spouses’ blood types and the percentage of divorces. Thus, in the strongest couples, both people have O type. Couples who decide to divorce usually have such combinations: A + AB or A + O.

12)The blood type has an impact on our health. People with type O blood aren’t prone to cardiovascular diseases but they are more susceptible to developing skin cancer or obesity.

13)People with type A blood should pay attention to the level of cholesterol in their blood. They are at risk for coronary heart disease development.

14)Those with type B blood should remember that they’re prone to diabetes and pancreatic cancer.

15)People who have type AB blood should take care of their memory and concentration since chances of cognitive impairment in AB individuals are 82% higher than in other types.

16)Energy drinks change the way the heart beats. Scientists have found out that after drinking energy drinks, the amount of caffeine is up to 3 times higher than in other caffeinated drinks like coffee or soda. What’s more, they affect our heartbeat and may cause seizures or death.

17)Blood-type diets don’t work. Scientists from the University of Toronto have proved that special diets according to individuals’ blood type are a myth.

18)In Japan, there’s a special industry of goods for each blood type: food, cosmetic products, and personal care products.

19)
Athletic performance depends on one’s blood type. A study held in 2017 has shown that people with type O blood have better stamina than other types. Among elite water polo players, scientists haven’t found any people with type AB blood. But type O blood advantages work only if a person works out regularly.

20)
Our character depends on our blood type.Scientists have found a connection between subjects’ characters and their blood types. In Japan, people believe that blood types influence people’s personality traits and their success at work and in personal relationships.

https://brightside.me/wonder-curiosities/20-facts-about-human-blood-we-didnt-know-about-625710/?utm_source=fb_brightside&utm_medium

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by IdeeEsperanza(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
Very educative.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by youngscholar(m): 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
Nice

5 Likes

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by Randy100: 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
Really, but why am I doubting your number 7.
Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by dljbd1(m): 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
Nice

3 Likes

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by sacajawea: 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
@ no 18 Japan Don Go Brother

4 Likes

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 17, 2018
The blood of Jesus has more secret than this.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by OKOATA(m): 10:21am On Oct 17, 2018
Randy100:
Really, but why am I doubting your number 7.
I think I agree with the OP bro. Mondays people usually wanna rush to work and they will have this stress on how to go about the new week and for Friday's maybe people would be happy and too excited about the end of the week

13 Likes

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by dingbang(m): 11:04am On Oct 17, 2018
cool

please read my signature, thanks
Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by sotall(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2018
Down here in Nigeria, human blood can be converted to money in a process called money ritual...

People even believe there are spirits called witches who can suck your blood while you are asleep...

23 Likes

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 17, 2018
Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by Mistadora01(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2018
Chai and have been selling my own every sunday anyhow
Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 17, 2018
Group O gather here.

We are divine creatures.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by akeentech(m): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2018
All I know is that blood is thicker than water

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by DonroxyII: 11:11am On Oct 17, 2018
Interesting .... Especially the point that our blood group determine our character , it's true ....
Aswear, I touched my heart when I read it can squirt up to 30ft of blood to get circulation all over the body .... I felt its beating, I ask myself e true say this thing at its kpi-kpi-kpi dey squirt blood reach @30ft ....

So many operations in our body we ain't even aware of .... we just dey roll up and down dey vibe anyhow

We human are same as robot jare ....... we are someone's machine .... we also get plenty wiring in our body , a brain as the control unit .... if anything tamper with the least of your brain , you will start misbehaving in no time as if virus hit a computer !!

God is great jare ..... Hello ooo fellow robots, How una dey na grin

15 Likes

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by DonroxyII: 11:16am On Oct 17, 2018
akeentech:
All I know blood is thicker than water
Na lie jare
Sometimes, blood dey beef one another and those you considered water go still bond with you than your blood !!!

Blood ooo, Water oooo ..... use ya head grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by ngadaAwo: 11:19am On Oct 17, 2018
IdeeEsperanza:
Very educative.
and informative
Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by yungrylex00(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2018
Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2018
Representing group O, Warri branch. grin
Earthbound:
Group O gather here.

We are divine creatures.

9 Likes

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by helphelp: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2018
I hate the sight of gory blood
Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2018
O blood gather here for a selfie

2 Likes

Re: 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) by tamertery(m): 11:33am On Oct 17, 2018
please which blood type or group is more effective for money rituals?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

American Herbalist Sentenced To Prison After Death Of Diabetic Boy (Photo) / Australian Woman Swallowed Her Braces Wire 10 Years Ago And Didn’t Know (Photo) / 1-Year-Old Boy Drowns After Falling Into Bucket Of Water In Anambra (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.