Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering (9682 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Plateau Bride At Pastor's House Few Hours To Her Wedding / 50-Year-Old Ex-Convict Caught Raping 4-Year-Old Girl In A Bauchi Mosque (Video) / Charms Recovered At Pastor's House After Impregnating Girl In Benin. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by axcerin: 4:03am On Oct 17, 2018
An ex-convict, Kenneth Ejiofor, has been arrested for allegedly breaking into a pastor’s house and stealing the church offering.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Ejiofor, who was staying with the pastor, Samuel Orji, on September 30, broke into his house while he was in church and stole the church offering and two ATM cards.

Orji was said to have had a misunderstanding with Ejiofor the previous day and had sent him packing.

Our correspondent learnt that Ejiofor came the next day and broke into Orji’s house when he was not around and went away with the offering said to be N11,000; and seed offering that had yet to be counted.

Orji, in his statement to the police, said he allowed Ejiofor to stay in his house because Ejiofor’s elder brother begged him to pray for him (Ejiofor), adding that things started getting missing during Ejiofor’s stay.

He said, “Ejiofor’s brother brought him to Lagos from the village. He couldn’t stay with his brother because of his character. His brother pleaded with me to allow Ejiofor to stay with me so that I could pray for him.

“During the period he stayed in our house, things started getting missing. My wife will cook and give him food but after eating, he will take a piece of meat from the pot.

“My wife bought a lock and started locking the kitchen, but Kenneth broke the lock. Money would just miss in the house; unknown to us, Kenneth had a spare key to the house.

“Kenneth’s job is to fetch water once in two days. One Saturday, there was no water in the house except the little water in the kitchen and Kenneth used the water to bath. When I confronted him, he told me that he had respected me enough and I should respect myself.

“I was angry and I told him to pack his bag and leave my house.

“On Sunday when we were in church, he came back to the house, broke the gate and opened the sitting room with the spare key with him and stole the offering money which is N11,000. He also took the seed offering money which we have not counted, as well as two ATMs.”

However, Ejiofor in his statement confessed to been an ex-convict but denied stealing the church offering.

He was arraigned before Ogba Magistrates’ Court on four counts bordering on stealing and breach of the peace.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The charges read in part, “That you, Kenneth Ejiofor, on September 30, around 10.30pm, on Awoni Murphy Street, off Haruna College Road, Ogba, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did break the burglary proof bars and gain access to the sitting room and did commit felony to wit; stealing, threatening violence and conduct likely to cause breach of the peace; thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 307 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State.

“That you, Kenneth Ejiofor, on the same date, time and place in the aforementioned magisterial district, did steal the sum of N11,500 and Zenith Bank ATM card, property of one pastor Samuel Orji, thereby committing an offence contrary to Section 280 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State

The magistrate, W.A. Salami, admitted him to bail in the sum of N100,000 and two sureties in like sum.

Salami adjourned the matter till November 21.

News via Gistmore :: http://gistmore.com/ex-convict-breaks-pastors-house-steals-church-offering

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by axcerin: 4:03am On Oct 17, 2018
sad
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 17, 2018
HUNGER IS REAL

BUT WAT IS THE OFFERING DOING IN THE PASTORS HOUSE?

12 Likes

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:50am On Oct 17, 2018
UNREPENTANT THIEF!

The magistrate, W.A. Salami, admitted him to bail in the sum of N100,000 and two sureties in like sum.

They've granted him bail already?
Stealing continua........

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by themonk(m): 4:50am On Oct 17, 2018
This is what happens When you fall in love with jail and want to go back by the first chance you get grin.

On a more serious note, does the Nigerian government help ex-prisoners to get a job or become self-employed or do they just release them to find a way to take care of themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by jerryunit48: 4:50am On Oct 17, 2018
Jesus ! Some people get mind o
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by otabuko(m): 4:51am On Oct 17, 2018
Man must werk
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by nijanigga: 4:51am On Oct 17, 2018
that's an ipob who has just atikurobbed.

1 Like

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Obierika(m): 4:54am On Oct 17, 2018
A leopard cannot change its spots!
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by okomile(f): 4:54am On Oct 17, 2018
He can't change his attitude and can't be satisfied.

He should be locked up again if not, he will turn to armed robber

3 Likes

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by lonelydora: 4:57am On Oct 17, 2018
Stealing is in his blood
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Nwaohafia1: 4:58am On Oct 17, 2018
The man can never change

1 Like

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Pavore9: 5:00am On Oct 17, 2018
okomile:
He can't change his attitude and can't be satisfied.

He should be locked up again if not, he will turn to armed robber

He is not likely to be reformed in the Prisons.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by okomile(f): 5:04am On Oct 17, 2018
Pavore9:

He is not likely to be reformed in the Prisons.

Jungle justice awaits him in the end then!
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Sweetcollins: 5:04am On Oct 17, 2018
Hunger and self indiscipline are bad
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Grupo(m): 5:15am On Oct 17, 2018
Offering money is God's money and being a child of God, the guy took his daddy's money. I don't understand why he is being arraigned!
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by adedayoa2(f): 5:30am On Oct 17, 2018
The church no get treasurer, wetin offering dey do for pastor house?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by kazyhm(m): 5:31am On Oct 17, 2018
Is his father's property
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by sapeleboi(m): 5:33am On Oct 17, 2018
na this one I nor wan hear so

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by asmovic(m): 5:33am On Oct 17, 2018
post=72155450:
UNREPENTANT THIEF!

They've granted him bail already?
Stealing continua........
i don't think he can get that money for bail. somebody brought from the village to be prayed for. Then, how will he get two sureties? The thief will be forgotten in prison.
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Onlinealaba(m): 5:35am On Oct 17, 2018
Nigeria prisons doesn't reform or correct criminals it rather hardens them , oyinbo prisons are called correctional centres. dude is a kleptomaniac needs spiritual help

check my siggy, get your electronics and toks Smart Tvs at flat rate(payment on delivery), BUY4ME services available too
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:35am On Oct 17, 2018
asmovic:
i don't think he can get that money for bail. somebody brought from the village to be prayed for. Then, how will he get two sureties? The thief will be forgotten in prison.
That is supposed to be the judgement for him : a long prison time, or else , he will continue where he stopped.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 17, 2018
What’s the proof that this man did all that? I did not read or see any compelling evidence to convince me beyond reasonable doubt that the said Ejiofor committed the crime.

What if the pastor was blackmailing him because of his past?

1 Like

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by SOFTENGR: 5:49am On Oct 17, 2018
nijanigga:
that's an ipob who has just atikurobbed.
NCAN spotted. grin

Where are you reporting from?

1 Like

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by awoluyi(m): 5:56am On Oct 17, 2018
This is why I always fear any Christian brother who is an ex-convict.
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by rxmusa(m): 5:57am On Oct 17, 2018
It takes persistent willpower to resist the urge to return to a previous bad habit

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by rekeson: 6:21am On Oct 17, 2018
Stealing is in the guy's DNA.

FOR INSTANT CURE TO VARIOUS AILMENTS, VISIT THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE.
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by SarakiBukola: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2018
Ejiofor stole from Orji (both thieves)

The only difference is the first steals without permission and the second steals with the cooperation of the congregation

1 Like

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Maket: 6:53am On Oct 17, 2018
What makes this one to be x convict? Some one is still in active practice. Both of them should be investigated, tried and convicted if they are found guilty.
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by sissoko22(m): 7:04am On Oct 17, 2018
miracood:
HUNGER IS REAL

This is how Igbo's on this forum comments when the subject matter is about them
We know better now.

1 Like

Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 17, 2018
He only took his share
grin

listen to my songs at:

SoundCloud:
https://SoundCloud.com/harkymtheoracle

Reverbenation:
http://reverbnation.com/Oracle59

Checkout my Able God freestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHGhu1gkYIc
Re: Ex-convict Breaks Into Pastor’s House, Steals Church Offering by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 17, 2018
miracood:
HUNGER IS REAL

Taking a Nap
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Partner Telecoms Companies To Curb Kidnapping / Wife Assists Hubby Rape 16 Year Old Maid / Woman Who Poured Faeces On Female Banker Arraigned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.