Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Is It True About Octopus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True About Octopus (1972 Views)

Is It True Pope Benedict XVI Converted to Islam? See This Youtube Video / Is This True About T. B Joshua? / Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True About Octopus by adesodiq(m): 10:20am On Jul 15, 2010
HELLO MY FELLOW PEOPLE ON RELIGION STATUS,DID U BELIVE OCTOPUS IS THE ONE DOING EVERYTIN HE IS SAYING,,DONT MIND THOS EPEOPLE GOD JUST GAVE HIM THE POWER TO DO SO THIS TIME,HE MAY LOOSE ANOTHER TIME,DONT EVER CHANGE YOUR MIND TO "LETS START WORSHIPPING HIM" CAUSE I KNEW SOME PEOPLE ARE GOGOSTICALLY DINDINRIN THEY WILL BE CONFUSED BECAUSE OF THAT SMALL THING.;ABEG STAY ON YOUR EMAN, ALL IS THE GOD OF OCTOPUS HE CREATED HIM AND GAVE HIM THAT SMAL POWER OUT OF HIS OWN, WORSHIP ALLAH, WORSHIP NOT OCTOPUS, IF THIS STATEMENT NO MAKE SENSE TO U I UNDERSTOOD WHAT I WROTE.NOT EVERYBODY WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I WROTE, ORO MI JOBI OWE OLOGBON LOLEYE
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Jenwitemi(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2010
Are you talking about the legendary Paul Octodamus? How dare you talk bad about the one and only holy football oracle? That animal is the pet of the holy trinity, so watch your mouth. cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It True About Octopus by PastorAIO: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
My only regret na say I no use hin predictions place my bets during world cup. I for make correct money.
Re: Is It True About Octopus by mantraa: 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2010
All hail the Holy Octopus!
Re: Is It True About Octopus by jesus3: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2010
Pastor AIO:

My only regret na say I no use hin predictions place my [b]bets [/b]during world cup. I for make correct money.

[size=25pt]Jesus christ of nazareth[/size]
grin cheesy angry sad shocked cool
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Jenwitemi(m): 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
The wisdom of the holy oracle costed the bookmakers a cool half a million quid. No be only you slacked on Paul, i did too.
Pastor AIO:

My only regret na say I no use hin predictions place my bets during world cup. I for make correct money.
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2010
Pastor AIO:

AND

Jenwitemi:

The wisdom of the holy oracle costed the bookmakers a cool half a million quid. No be only you slacked on Paul, i did too.

betters council
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Tonyet1(m): 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2010
Octopus indeed
--------------------

Acts 16:

16 One day, as we were [watching the 2010 South African FIFA world Cup], we met [an Octopus] who had a spirit of divination and brought [its] owners a great deal of money by fortune-telling.

18 [It] kept doing this for many days. . . let the rest be story until that day 19 -->

culled from the web cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It True About Octopus by DeepSight(m): 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2010
The Oracle of the Octopus was a complete hoax designed to attract attention and raise funds for the owners and related businesses.

A selection of pundits analysed each game and determined what team was more likely to win. Once that determination was reached, certain chemicals were placed on the desired box to lure the octopus that way when placed. The clueless animal was tricked just as surely as we all have been.

It is instructive that all Paul's predictions were fairly obvious easy guesses which did not disappoint. Spain has obviously been the best in the world for more than 2 years now: and no octopus is required to discern this fact.

Most instructive however, is the announcement of Paul's retirement immediately after the world cup.

Why? ? ?
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

The Oracle of the Octopus was a complete hoax designed to attract attention and raise funds for the owners and related businesses.

A selection of pundits analysed each game and determined what team was more likely to win. Once that determination was reached, certain chemicals were placed on the desired box to lure the octopus that way when placed. The clueless animal was tricked just as surely as we all have been.

It is instructive that all Paul's predictions were fairly obvious easy guesses which did not disappoint. Spain has obviously been the best in the world for more than 2 years now: and no octopus is required to discern this fact.

Most instructive however, is the announcement of Paul's retirement immediately after the world cup.

Why? ? ?

every thing was coincidental thats all. WTH is the octopus
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2010
Tonye-t:

Octopus indeed
--------------------

Acts 16:

16 One day, as we were [watching the 2010 South African FIFA world Cup], we met [an Octopus] who had a spirit of divination and brought [its] owners a great deal of money by fortune-telling.

18 [It] kept doing this for many days. . . let the rest be story until that day 19 -->

culled from the web cheesy cheesy

yea from the biblical view thats the key thing on display during the WC
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Tonyet1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
It damn got me surprised too. like seriously why would something that was suppose to bring its owner good box suddenly announced its retirement immediately after the WC. something's fishy i'll say

An aged once told me everything in life is not real but a makeup. Beginning to see sense it those words
Re: Is It True About Octopus by smallman1: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
hello people,
do not be deceived. God did not give the octopus the power to predict because there is no where in the bible that backs up the possibility of that happening. Satan is trying to divert peoples attention away from God, so whatever power the octopus has to predict is from Satan. you can check your bible to see all powers of prediction of that nature is from Satan.

luv,
small man.
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Tudor6(f): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

Why? ? ?
This has got to be the most ridiculous quote ever.

If there were so-called experts who can sit down and analyse games I wonder why many people didnt win millions.

If you had placed an euro starting from the first match paul began predicting your 1 euro woulda been worth over 2000 euros.

Pauls decision were obvious easy guesses? You must be on CRACK COCAINE.
i guess everyone knew germany with their youngest squad ever will beat to a highly experienced england and thrash a attack minded Argentina side and lose to spain.

Chemicals indeed.

Only a fool will believe the octopus has magical powers. . .it was just lucky. The owners know that and dont want to jeopardise its record by pushing luck further coz once it gets one wrong then the hype is all gone.
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Jenwitemi(m): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^^ Incidentally, this past world cup was not Paul's first big tourney in which it predicted games. This octopus has been at it since the 2008 euro championship where it predicted 4 games correctly, but got the last one wrong, the final.
Re: Is It True About Octopus by MrAnus: 8:26am On Jul 16, 2010
TRUE, Octopus HAVE Womanliness. I SWAAAAR!!
Re: Is It True About Octopus by MrAnus: 8:27am On Jul 16, 2010
correction, Octopus have 5 Womanliness
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Jenwitemi(m): 10:37am On Jul 16, 2010
It would've been called a "Pentapuss" then, if it had that many orifices. But it's current name was derived from it having 8 apendages or limbs.
Mr Anus:

correction, Octopus have 5 Womanliness
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

^^^^ Incidentally, this past world cup was not Paul's first big tourney in which it predicted games. This octopus has been at it since the 2008 euro championship where it predicted 4 games correctly, but got the last one wrong, the final.

jenwi if u had placed a bet due to the octo's prediction 2 years ago on euro2008 final that Germany would defeat spain and you lost, would u still have believed paul"s prediction during the 2010 W/C?

Jenwitemi:

Re: Is It True About Octopus by Jenwitemi(m): 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2010
I don't exactly know what the purpose of this question is, but, after getting 4 previous predictions right and not the last one, my confidence in Paul would've taken a bit of a knock. But going by how in form he was in this past WC, i would've given it's predicting ability one more chance, which i did not, unfortunately.

Good old Paul is now a legend and some folks must have made bucket load of cash from it's WC predictions. Sometimes, it is good to have undying faith in 8 leggeds. smiley
toba:

jenwi if u had placed a bet due to the octo's prediction 2 years ago on euro2008 final that Germany would defeat spain and you lost, would u still have believed paul"s prediction during the 2010 W/C?

Re: Is It True About Octopus by DeepSight(m): 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2010
Tudor, why cant you leave me to my theoretical insanities? ? ? You should be able to know by now when i'm high . . .
Re: Is It True About Octopus by MyJoe: 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2010
Deep Sight:

Pundits? That is a tad far-fetched. Easy guesses? I won't have thought so with the Spain-Germany match, in fact, with any match.

Deep Sight:

Why? ? ?
Octopuses live two years on average. Paul has lived four, so he has probably got very little time left to live. Retiring him after such a spectacular outing was the sensible thing to do.

Tudór:

Only a fool will believe the octopus has magical powers. . .it was just lucky.
Spot on.
Re: Is It True About Octopus by DeepSight(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2010
^^^ Bah! I recant entirely! please make una lef me na?
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

I don't exactly know what the purpose of this question is,
U should. Ur response on missing out prompted the question

Jenwitemi:

but, after getting 4 previous predictions right and not the last one, my confidence in Paul would've taken a bit of a knock. But going by how in form he was in this past WC, i would've given it's predicting ability one more chance, which i did not, unfortunately.
OK

Jenwitemi:

Good old Paul is now a legend and some folks must have made bucket load of cash from it's WC predictions. Sometimes, it is good to have undying faith in 8 leggeds. smiley

what happens if one have 'undying' faith in the creator?
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Tonyet1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2010
@MyJoe,

please tell me you dont believe the whole thing was arranged. If Mr.Paul had the skill as vouched for, why did it get it wrong in Euro 08.?
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Tudor6(f): 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2010
^^
Did you go to school at all

If you did, read Myjoe's post and think again.
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Jenwitemi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2010
Let me put it this way; To have undying faith in oneself, is to have undying faith in the creator, because as the creation of the creator, one is the gateway to it. But, to have blind faith in self-imposed intermediaries(religions and their clergy) leads to one's damnation in one's own self-created hell, as is the current situation with man here on earth.

Faith goes way way beyond being part of a religious organization or the follwoing of scriptures, or believing this or that. It has a much much deeper meaning to it than most christians know.
toba:

what happens if one have 'undying' faith in the creator?
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Let me put it this way; To have undying faith in oneself, is to have undying faith in the creator, because as the creation of the creator, one is the gateway to it.

Why then having undying faith in an animal?

Jenwitemi:

But, to have blind faith in self-imposed intermediaries(religions and their clergy) leads to one's damnation in one's own self-created hell, as is the current situation with man here on earth.

Faith goes way way beyond being part of a religious organization or the follwoing of scriptures, or believing this or that. It has a much much deeper meaning to it than most christians know.

Pls dont start and stop exposing ur biases. we are not talking about religion here but octopus
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Jenwitemi(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2010
Because the animal proved itself to be a football oracle 8 bloody times with 100% accuracy. What? Is Jesus jealous? grin
toba:

Why then having undying faith in an animal?

Ooops! My bad! Just can't help it. With the bias, i mean. Paul could teach Jesus a thing or two about accuracy of predictions, though. grin
toba:

Pls dont start and stop exposing your biases. we are not talking about religion here but octopus
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2010
[quote auth
Jenwitemi:
or=Jenwitemi link=topic=479411.msg6397167#msg6397167 date=1279296691]
Because the animal proved itself to be a football oracle 8 bloody times with 100% accuracy. What? Is Jesus jealous? grin

[quote auth
Jenwitemi:
or=Jenwitemi
Ooops! My bad! Just can't help it. With the bias, i mean. Paul could teach Jesus a thing or two about accuracy of predictions, though. grin

whats all these for Gods sake?
Re: Is It True About Octopus by Jenwitemi(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2010
Did i hurt your feelings again, toba? Okay, i apologize. wink
toba:

whats all these for Gods sake?
Re: Is It True About Octopus by okgerald(m): 3:58am On Jul 17, 2010
Getting all 8 predictions right is huge man. Still surprised as to how the octopus did it. Do you know that while predicting Germany vs uruguay 3rd place match, the octopus still has part of its tentacles clunged to the uruaguay box meaning it wasnt going to be an easy ride for Germany and it wasnt!

Allahu Akbar!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Multitudes In Hell / Another Hidden Secret. Obamacare, Wall Street, RFID Chips And 666 / Shiloh Thanksgiving Sunday Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.