Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) (51299 Views)

China To Launch ‘artificial Moon’ To Illuminate City Streets / Eclipse: 'blood Moon' To Grace Nigerian Skies On July 27 / Moon To Get 4G Mobile Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:52am On Oct 18, 2018
A city in China is planning to launch an ‘artificial moon’ that will light up the skies as far as 50 miles around.

The so-called illumination satellite set to deploy over the southwestern city of Chengdu in 2020 is touted to be eight times as bright as the real moon, to cast a ‘dusk-like glow’ over the region, according to the People’s Daily.

Officials have released few details on the project.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6288037/China-reveals-plans-launch-artificial-moon-light-city-skies-2020.html

66 Likes 11 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:52am On Oct 18, 2018
Wu Chunfend, chairman of Chengdu Aerospace Science and Technology Microelectronics System Research Institute Co., Ltd, revealed the plan at an event in the city in October, People’s Daily reports.

It will complement the moon to make Chengu’s night skies brighter when it launches in 2020, potentially serving as a replacement to conventional streetlights.

The artificial moon can be controlled to light up an area between 10 and 80 kilometers wide 6 to 50 miles.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by rs172(m): 5:11am On Oct 18, 2018
Men these people no dey relent technologically oooo

333 Likes 10 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by madridguy(m): 5:12am On Oct 18, 2018
A welcome development. I know one day Nigeria will rise in technology too.

My special greetings to Princess Explorers.

112 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:17am On Oct 18, 2018
........the illumination satellite will be eight times as bright as the actual moon. But he also emphasized that it has been designed to “complement the moon at night.” On Earth, its presence will appear as a “dusk-like glow” that can light an area with a diameter of close to 50 miles.

GOOD WAY TO GO....
Technology is bae.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by PigBenis(m): 5:17am On Oct 18, 2018
Na better country be that.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by BruncleZuma: 5:17am On Oct 18, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Proposed....meaning not in this lifetime, then again e remain to build Death Star

2 Likes

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by dukechilezie(m): 5:18am On Oct 18, 2018
Great countries are making great advances in technology. I don't know if Africa is cursed. Our youths are either screaming Sai Baba or Atikulate while our counterparts are making breakthrough in so many fields.

185 Likes 6 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Harkynkunle(m): 5:18am On Oct 18, 2018
These guys are really ahead......

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by mikhe2(m): 5:18am On Oct 18, 2018
Dis guys done go far o... Wait o u mean artificial moon

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by boss1310(m): 5:18am On Oct 18, 2018
while we find it hard to launch a factory that can manufacture good toothpicks

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by homopoliticus: 5:18am On Oct 18, 2018
Issokai

Ps: Today is my NYSC POP
Pls a word of prayer will be really appreciated
Thank You all
God bless

184 Likes 7 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by FOWOSHERE01(m): 5:18am On Oct 18, 2018
Artificial moon?
I feel sad for my country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Donkalio: 5:19am On Oct 18, 2018
The Great china, abeg make ona no chalenge God oh. But ona dey try sha.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by cacmatters(m): 5:19am On Oct 18, 2018
What?

1 Like

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by dalass(f): 5:20am On Oct 18, 2018
Nice development
Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by miky(m): 5:20am On Oct 18, 2018
Lol while silly africans still believe in witch craft and religion.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by fernandez1(m): 5:20am On Oct 18, 2018
See innovation..... While our apc and pdp still campaigning with good roads, electricity and water in this technology era...... What a shame.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by nymphomaniac(m): 5:20am On Oct 18, 2018
Whereas our leaders are busy trying to sell off TCN if possible...

I don't know why they cannot appreciate good thing. They travel abroad, see development and love it but cannot replicate it here.

3 Likes

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Pekele007: 5:21am On Oct 18, 2018
madridguy:

By voting a lifeless dullard okwia

You think you are smart right? You want to eat your cake and have it. grin

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Kizyte(m): 5:21am On Oct 18, 2018
If we continue trading our oil solely for money, we'll continue to remain underdeveloped because the money is going to the pocket of our corrupt leaders.

How about giving these technologically advanced countries our oil and collecting their technology?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by AngelicBeing: 5:21am On Oct 18, 2018
cool
Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Buharimustgo: 5:21am On Oct 18, 2018
madridguy:

Keep dreaming, till your next world

16 Likes

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by TrueLEADER: 5:21am On Oct 18, 2018
In our own case, na ARTIFICIAL PRESIDENT we dey parade upandan! angry

cry

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Adaowerri111: 5:22am On Oct 18, 2018
Mr Lifeless only sees the impossibilities in such project, He can only launch artificial cows.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by apatuku: 5:23am On Oct 18, 2018
Why my country Nigeria is still struggling to make pencil.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by nymphomaniac(m): 5:23am On Oct 18, 2018
Pekele007:

By voting a lifeless dullard okwia

You think you are smart right? You want to eat your cake and have it. grin
it's 'have your cake and eat it' oga and besides did Nigeria not have presidents before buhari? What did they do?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by kinibigdil: 5:24am On Oct 18, 2018
Awesome stuff
Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Endtimesmith(m): 5:24am On Oct 18, 2018
Challenge God how? What has science innovative technology for the betterment of the people has to do with challenge, e be like say bee fly enter your Brain.
Donkalio:
The Great china, abeg make ona no chalenge God oh. But ona dey try sha.

12 Likes

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by flyca: 5:26am On Oct 18, 2018
Beautiful China kiss

Anybody dreaming of that for Nigeria in this generation is on a loooooooong thing! We do not have and will not have world class institutions and research centers for our national development. And it's not in the pipeline! Ask the current politicians their mandate and you will see they have no plans. So dream not.

BTW, the penalty for embezzelement of public funds in China is death!

8 Likes

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Kingsley1000(m): 5:26am On Oct 18, 2018
And some fools are still going to vote Atiku and buhari

6 Likes

Re: China To Launch An 'Artificial Moon' To Light Up City As Far As 50miles(Pics) by Kingsley1000(m): 5:28am On Oct 18, 2018
Let me see any fool here that will scream atikulate or sai baba,i will send thunder after that person

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Dinosaur Of Turtle World': Monster-Sized Snapping Turtle Found In Florida (Pix) / Photos Of Pregnant Animals / Chimpanzee Escapes From Jos Zoo. Might Be Shot Tomorrow (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.