Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike (28208 Views)

Abuja Private School Owners Reject Wike’s Fee Hike / LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / LAUTECH Students Involved In Motor Accident, 2 Students Confirmed Dead (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by jameslojohn(m): 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
why will they protest? if they can't pay they should get the fvck out.
bro it is the duty and obligation of the governmen to provide free or cheap education for it citizens, that is your right and my
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by ajayiopy: 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

Answer is simple....high oil prices above $90 from 2010-14, and allowing forex to flow freely.

The good times came to an end when oil started dropping in June 2014.....by January 2015, oil was at $75.

Also, fuel price under GEJ was at N65 till 2012 when it was N97 then 2015...when it was N87 officially. Unofficially, from 2013 onwards, actual fuel price in most parts of the country was above N110 per liter. And we lost a good deal of forex in the name of subsidy.

Naira was above N200 to the dollar before 2014...

GEJ ran a bad economy....that looked good. But was not. All the more reason why we have to get off oil

(And it does not make Bubu....wasting money on subsideis,not expediting action on diversificaiton, and not doing more for power any better....).

BABA PARK WELL
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by aisosa101(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
your mouth is dust bin am sure ur not a graduate

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by theoldpretender(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

You are very uncaring.....and also you are telling the truth.

(Truth is bitter anyway...)

Fact is, since 2013...when GEJ and then labor minister Emeka Wogu told ASUU that the N3 trillion naira promised in 2009 was not possible...anyone with a pair of eyes could see that fee increases were inevitable...very inevitable.

If Govt could not afford to add N3 trillion in annual funding for universites....in 2013 when PDP faithful tell us we were eating milk and honey every hour....can this government, with oil prices that have been lower than what it was in 2013 do the same?

Nigerians have to face the hard fact. Fees HAVE to go up. We don't have a choice. Unless...oil goes to $140 per barrel.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by dazzlingd(m): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

Fact is, since 2013...when GEJ and then labor minister Emeka Wogu told ASUU that the N3 trillion naira promised in 2009 was not possible...anyone with a pair of eyes could see that fee increases were inevitable...very inevitable.

If Govt could not afford to add N3 trillion in annual funding for universites....in 2013 when PDP faithful tell us we were eating milk and honey every hour....can this government, with oil prices that have been lower than what it was in 2013 do the same?

Nigerians have to face the hard fact. Fees HAVE to go up. We don't have a choice. Unless...oil goes to $140 per barrel.

Some countries have free tuition and their schools are far better. Nigeria does nothing for the citizens.
No light
No school
No medical facilities
The ones available are outdated.
No nothing, absolute nothing.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by theoldpretender(m): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
ajayiopy:

BABA PARK WELL

Do you have any counterpoint to my facts?

Note that I am not excusing the current government. I am pointing out that we use high oil prices to hide a bad economy.

When you don't diversify your economy....thihgs look good when oil is high, and bad when oil falls.

That is the point of my missive. If you don't get it because ofpolitics...and FYI I don't support APC, or PDP.....sorry.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Kaetoh: 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nltaliban:

You should be separated from the general society and have Your sanity and IQ level questioned
hypocrite this man you're quoting is not your problem. Your problem is tinubu who lives in boudilon , go and meet him there. Ordinary 200k you can't afford, yet you want to vote in Buhari and apc then turn around and ask Igbos to do same . You people enjoy suffering while voting massively for thieves and drug barons. You're lucky non of you were killed. This zombism in Afonja university. grin grin
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by theoldpretender(m): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
dazzlingd:

Some countries have free tuition and there schools are far better

And they pay HIGH taxes.

Denmark is a good example. They have free education from cradle to grave.....at the cost of half your monthly salary in taxes.

Same for Germany.

Do you want government to take half your salary in taxes...so that you can have free education..?
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

Weed is bad ooh.This one has lost touch with reality..

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by dazzlingd(m): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

And they pay HIGH taxes.

Denmark is a good example. They have free education from cradle to grave.....at the cost of half your monthly salary in taxes.

Same for Germany.

Do you want government to take half your salary in taxes...so that you can have free education..?

I've modified my post. These countries have better standard of living. We all know what we happen to us here if we give more of our taxes, a country filled with corrupt officers. You want the poor to enrich the rich? Well I think we deserve terrible leaders because we are where we are as a result of the summation of all the vices of each citizen.
Let the government try to prosecute a corrupt officer, same citizens will fight to death to defend them for sake of tribal and political differences.

Nigerians should enjoy their third World country, they deserve what they get
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Kaetoh: 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

o boy you keep oil way you wan sell? Oil this oil that? What kind of laziness is this ? Also talking about GEJ in a state owned university So you people wish to be spoon fed for all expenditures because Nigeria has oil ? God forbid this useless mentality of yours o.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by theoldpretender(m): 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kaetoh:
o boy you keep oil way you wan sell? Oil this oil that? What kind of laziness is this ? Also talking about GEJ in a state owned university So you people wish to be spoon fed for all expenditures because Nigeria has oil ? God forbid this useless mentality of yours o.

The 2009 ASUU/FG agreement includied state universites....and just to make sure...ASUU even fought for their inclusion.

Anyway...the honest truth is, you cannot get good educaiton at low fees. Either we pay high fees...or government takes a loan and another loan...or we remove fuel subsidy so that we can pay for 'free educaiton'

And by the way, I was stating facts in answering the original poster.....in ,my opinion.....we need to industrialize so that we can have the cash to spend on anything.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
this is the problem on Nairaland. lot of kids still been spoon fed by their parents, hence the reason they come online to say all manner of trash and display their stupidity. they know nothing and don't wanna keep mute.
it's OK to be stupid, but coming online on a public forum to display it is what bothers me.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by berrystunn(m): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

They have the right
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by MightySparrow: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
Akkord4gov:

I don't know who stupid pass between you and someone fetching water in a basket

Lautech used to be best state Uni and always in top ten best Uni in Nigeria until the populace wrongly voted for Aregbe and Ajimobi especially to continue their second tenure. Though Osun state people tried to erase the error but I wish Oyo State indegene can do better in the coming election

It is pathetic. We aren't asking for free education like they enjoyed but at least,it should be affordable
You simply wanna say APC government destroyed LAUTECH. students should be paying #20,000 since a course of four years takes eight years to complete because of endless strikes and all moneys collected returned for with interest for wasting the students time at the end of the students courses.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
anonymuz:
You get sense?
NO. he didn't grin
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Justseyii: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2018
katstyle:
Must you all go to school?

Be smart, if you want to make a comment on such sensitive issue, be smart about it. Quality and affordable Education is a constitutional right.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by theoldpretender(m): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2018
dazzlingd:

I've modified my post. These countries have better standard of living. We all know what we happen to us here if we give more of our taxes, a country filled with corrupt officers. You want the poor to enrich the rich? Well I think we deserve terrible leaders because we are where we are as a result of the summation of all the vices of each citizen.
Let the government try to prosecute a corrupt officer, same citizens will fight to death to defend them for sake of tribal and political differences.

Nigerians should enjoy their third World country, they deserve what they get

So we keep the fees low...keep on producing half baked graduates that cannot compete with the graduates from private universites....and from foreign universities.....and at the end of the day....guess who suffers...the poor in the name of free educaiton.

Inasmuch as I personally would charge N20000 as school fees in universites if I were in charge of this country...the truth is, we have no choice.Either we spend half our budget on just universites...and it may not be enough....or we borrow and borrow...or riase taxes.

As for corruption....I have heard Nigerians shout about corruption. But bring facts about corruption in GEJ or Bubu';s admin...and people will insult you. (That's why I have all but given up on politics in Nigeria....).
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
undecided imagine, what indigen nd non indigen has to do here, in their country? Atiku need to Atikulate some matter in 2019, if buhari keep looking after his cow
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by jayworld15(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

Answer is simple....high oil prices above $90 from 2010-14, and allowing forex to flow freely.

The good times came to an end when oil started dropping in June 2014.....by January 2015, oil was at $75.

Also, fuel price under GEJ was at N65 till 2012 when it was N97 then 2015...when it was N87 officially. Unofficially, from 2013 onwards, actual fuel price in most parts of the country was above N110 per liter. And we lost a good deal of forex in the name of subsidy.

Naira was above N200 to the dollar before 2014...

GEJ ran a bad economy....that looked good. But was not. All the more reason why we have to get off oil

(And it does not make Bubu....wasting money on subsideis,not expediting action on diversificaiton, and not doing more for power any better....).

How stupid you look!
Check the OPEC price of a barrel from the 80s to 2018.

Buhari makes more money than Jonathan in case you don't know.
If a barrel of petroleum was averagely sold in GEJ time for $75 ( from 2009-2014) and dollar was #160 ( randomly selected), multiple the two gives #12,000 while Buhari's period (from 2015-2018) gives an average price of $53 for a barrel and a dollar is #360, multiple the two gives #19,080. Subtract the two will equal to #7,080. Where a litre was sold for #87 in GEJ's time, we are buying it for #145. Subtract the two give #58. Who makes more money?
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by dazzlingd(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

So we keep the fees low...keep on producing half baked graduates that cannot compete with the graduates from private universites....and from foreign universities.....and at the end of the day....guess who suffers...the poor in the name of free educaiton.

Inasmuch as I personally would charge N20000 as school fees in universites if I were in charge of this country...the truth is, we have no choice.Either we spend half our budget on just universites...and it may not be enough....or we borrow and borrow...or riase taxes.

As for corruption....I have heard Nigerians shout about corruption. But bring facts about corruption in GEJ or Bubu';s admin...and people will insult you. (That's why I have all but given up on politics in Nigeria....).

Exactly, same students that cannot manage to live average lives, will defend their oppressors in the name of tribe and politics with the little money they managed to buy data
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by theoldpretender(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
jayworld15:

How stupid you look!

Thanks for calling me names. That's nice.

Buhari makes more money than Jonathan if case you don't know.
If a barrel of petroleum was averagely sold in GEJ time for 75 ( from 2009-2014) and dollar was $160 ( randomly selected), multiple the two gives #12,000 while Buhari's period (from 2015-2018) gives an average price of $53 for a barrel and a dollar is #360, multiple the two gives #19,080. Subtract the two equals to #70,080. Where a litre was sold for #87 in GEJ's time, we are buying it for #145. Subtract the two give #58. Who makes more money?

Well

1.Oil under GEJ was between $94-130 from 2010-14....not $75.
2.Oil started falling when GEJ was in power...from June 2014...to $75 by May 2015 when Bubu took over. It then fell to an all timelow of $30 by Feb 2016...and then slowly went up to $81 now.
3.Reason why fuel was lower under GEJ....value of the naira, plus the fact that we had enough forex to buffer the naira then due to the high oil prices.
4.Landing price of oil was N92 by 2012....and it went up to N132 by 2015...which is why Bubu increased fuel prices. It is now N180 per liter.(We import most of the fuel we use in this country...and that would be the fact if we kept all our refineries in peak working conditions).
5.Anyway, my point is....an economy that relies on the oil price is a bad economy. What we need to do is get off oil.....which is the point of my rebuttal to you. I am not here to praise or disparge GEJ orBubu. The fact is, we are running a monoeconomy, and it is a vulnerable economy.

I am not into PDP or APC.....sorry.

Oil price sources here
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by yeman1(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
stupid soldier ...
but this school fees hike is too much ! how can poor ppl go to school now ? It won't be well for out leaders .
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by hope4nigeria(m): 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
Remijuice:

May God Have Mercy On You!
why mercy, thunder will fire him
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Jaqenhghar: 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
The irony is tomorrow the same soldiers will be complaining of hike in university education for their children.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nltaliban(m): 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
EINSTEINPG:
Seriously, you need your piece of advice more than your intended target.

Ok.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Jaqenhghar: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2018
250k for shithole , outdated, education. SMH
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by KoeChz(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
zombies. This one go school? God punish you
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by agukayode(m): 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by lekspot01(m): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
[quote author=SIMPLYkush post=72197287]why will they protest? if they can't pay they should get the fvck out.....
What's your usefulness in life?
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by EkeJah(m): 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
N200,000 For Indigene
N250'000 For Non-Indigene
Later now one over patriotic citizen will come and be singing "WE ARE ONE " in my ear. SMH
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
250k for shithole , outdated, education. SMH

Thought your dumb ass said you love Nigeria with all your heart? Come let me take you to Togo so you can go and be farming for me. I will pay you 1k daily.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet 18-Year-Old Daniel Obaji, The Youngest Graduate In NYU Abu Dhabi / Man Gets His PhD At 65 To Fulfill Promise He Made To His Daughter (Photos) / Future Leaders International School Kaduna Closed For Violating Quarantine Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.