Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

"I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku (29735 Views)

Victor Osimhen Finally Meets His Hero Didier Drogba After Ivory Coast Clash / Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba / Thierry Henry Dressed In Igbo Traditional Attire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Sportdab(m): 7:43am On Oct 19, 2018
Manchester United Striker Romelu Lukaku has revealed he speaks to Chelsea Legend Didier Drogba daily.

Lukaku also revealed he has warned Theirry Henry he is chasing down his Premier League goals tally.

The Belgian became the youngest non-English player of the 28 players to reach the 100 Premier League goals mark at just 24years and 322 days old.

His current record stands at 105 goals but a bad ratio of at least 1 goal in two matches, which isn't impressive.

Now, Only Sergio Aguero and Harry Kane have scored more Premier League goals than Lukaku since the 2012-13 season.

Lukaku just needs seven more goals to climb into the league's top-20 all-time goalscorers.

However, his target is to become the highest scoring overseas player ever - with Arsenal legend Thierry Henry's record of 175 to beat.

Lukaku currently averages 0.47goals per game, which means if he can maintain his current scoring rate, then it will take him over 150 matches to beat Henry's record.

Discussing the goal which saw him overtake Drogba, Lukaku said: “When that happened he sent me four cups [for his four Premier League titles] on Snapchat!

“We speak every day and it’s really nice because he’s been part of the process.

“Now I’m talking to Thierry Henry saying ‘I’m coming for you’ on 175!

“I’m laughing saying it to him but, deep down, inside he knows I’m dead serious!”

Lukaku is also Belgium's all time leading goalscorer with 45 goals in 76 caps for his country.

On that record, he added: “I think I did something that people didn’t expect me to do.

“I remember my first two or three years playing for Belgium didn’t go that great, I only scored four goals and people were saying I shouldn’t be there and this and that, I heard so much negative stuff playing for Belgium.

“That’s why I always play with a sense of anger because I try to make them swallow their own words and I think did that.

“Now for me the aim is to win something for my country, that’s the main goal and it always will be the main goal, but then also I want to put the record so high that nobody can touch it.

“Then I can sit back and relax and be like‘well, I told you I’d do it’.”

But the Striker has admitted there is one particular objective he plans to make happen one day.

He said: “I really want to score from 30 yards out one day. I’ve had a few goals from outside the box, but I’d really like a screamer, that would be cool.

“I practice all the time, but I don’t always get into that position as I score a lot from crosses so I want to be in there for those as well.”

Source:>>https://www.mysportdab.com/2018/10/man-utd-star-romelu-lukaku-reveals.html

cc: Lalasticlala,

7 Likes

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by saintjimos(m): 7:53am On Oct 19, 2018
space

booked
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by DBossNG(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2018
ok
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by neezar: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2018
saintjimos:
WHY NOT SUPPORT EACH OTHER AND STOP THIS BLACKMAILING
Did u read the post at all??

58 Likes

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by tenmariner: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2018
I think Chief Lukaku should reduce the calls and instead schedule a training with these wonderful strikers..particularly Drogba..they should teach him how to control.. One of the most powerful skill of a striker is accuracy in ball control.. Because u are going to get passes in critical angles.. How do u make good use of it when u can't control well..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by TissuePaper: 11:57am On Oct 19, 2018
Pls is Didier Drogba the guy in this pic? I've been wondering for sometime now

10 Likes

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by emusbyz(m): 11:57am On Oct 19, 2018
saintjimos:

It's difficult to convince me that this guy is not a Buharist.

9 Likes

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by yuncka: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2018
saintjimos:

I no blame you, the thing too long...

But you for read small.... Or book space, come back comment later after you don read finish..

3 Likes

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2018
If he is not a Chelsea player, then he is not a player

Chelsea 4 life

5 Likes

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by gbese: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
Ok
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
you are no where near Drogba... so shut up!! #amakafc

4 Likes

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by SIMPLYkush: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by SIMPLYkush: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
saintjimos:
mumu idiot
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by jakesbaba: 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2018
saintjimos:

They won't read. No wonder Africa is undeveloped.

2 Likes

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2018
saintjimos:

Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho... Must you talk especially when you are absolutely clueless of what was written? You didn't even bother to read the news article. Just blabbing... Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho.... Ahn ahn...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Mikocake(m): 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2018
For you to do that Lukaku, you need to improve your overall game play

1 Like

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Mccullum: 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2018
Good for him and other African brothers by having good relationship with him because nationality doesn't matter what is important is the skin and if you're black surely you're from Africa.

1 Like

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by achu442(m): 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2018
Even the drogba you are calling couldn't break Henrys record .

Its not by calling.... Its by working hard
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by oshe111(m): 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2018
achu442:

How many EPL title "Henry record" give am?
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Jaykolo10(m): 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2018
emusbyz:

It's difficult to convince me that this guy is not a Buharist.

I'm very sure he's a buharist... 1000% sure....
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by omooba969(m): 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2018
Rubbish.
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
And Bia Lukaku... Breakings EPL goals records of some greats upandan is important but winning the EPL title and other majors is importanter... Inugo? Tu comprends? So focus on that more... That's why Drogba sent you his "four titles" reminder.... Lol

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Lero15(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
He should get lessons from Henry and Drogba about ball control and finishing.
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2018
Lukaku the belgian scoring machinecheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Lovelife433(m): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2018
saintjimos:
u just dey wake up abi
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by bluecircle470: 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2018
saintjimos:

Dyslexia
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by WetinConsignMe: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2018
When u blessed, u blessed
Re: "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku by Bacteriologist(m): 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
achu442:

achu442:

R.Lukaku is just 24 but has more premier league goals than Didier Drogba. No? Can you put your money where your mouth is?

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 / Pictures Man Utd Fans Can Relate With / Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.