Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL (29747 Views)

Chelsea In Historical Coincident.. Reason Why They Won UCL 2021 / Francisca Ordega: I Made Benue Proud For 10 Years But Not Honoured Like Kiddwaya / Ronaldo Won UCL Goal Of The Tournament Not Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by obembet(f): 11:09am On Jul 30, 2019
Ronaldo expressed his opinion on new season's Champions League and how did he think of Barcelona after receiving the MARCA Legend award

How about Barca?
I think they are very strong. It has been reinforced very well with De Jong, Griezmann, like last year with Coutinho, Dembelé ... They are always one of the best teams in the world.

The same as Madrid, with Hazard, Jovic, Mendy ... and Juve too ...

On Champions League
This year is Juventus'? It is always the year of Juventus, of Madrid, of Barça, in which a competition like the Champions League only have one winner.

I give you the example of Barcelona: So much money has invested the last five years in players but has not won the Champions League. That is not how it works.

Juve has been reinforced very well and it is a team that will fight to win, as always, but it will depend on many factors: the crosses, the groups, the moment, the injuries, the luck ... But as I said there is no such thing is more fascinating than winning the Champions League.

Juve will win it, if it is not this year, hopefully, it will be in the next two years by the way they work, how they are considering it. It has all the ingredients to be able to win it.

Source: https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/Serie-A/Ronaldo-Barca-invested-a-lot-of-money-in-last-5-years-but-havent-won-UCL/1614005

15 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by donaldking10: 11:51am On Jul 30, 2019
The real GOAT.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by OndoFirstBorn(m): 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
G O A T cool

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by Primusinterpares(m): 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
eyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by mysteriousman(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
They should sell Messi and they will win it grin

23 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by lifezone247(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
Messi and baca fans right now.

148 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by Ikpeazukerosene: 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
Eeya.
Poor ewure.

Spend money with nothing to show

8 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by Jaytecq(m): 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
ok... and who won it in 2014/2015 season?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by ImmaculateJOE(m): 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
Barcelona spendings will yield fruits in no distance time.
Real Madrid began spending heavily in 2009, and not until 2014 that those spending started yielding trophies.
Same can be said of Man City and Liverpool.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by blaqhat: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
Okay

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by Learnstuffs: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
Barca failure in UCL shows money can buy you players but not trophies all the time.

Madrid went through the same phase in Florentino Perez first tenure. They bought many 'Galacticos' but failed spectacularly in the Champions league surrendering twice to poorly funded Lyon. Funny enough Madrid won back to back Champions league when they were on transfer ban.

PSG is another failed project that shows money cannot buy you love all the time

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by toffyz(m): 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
Liverpool will retain it...UP LIVERPOOL

20 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by Cantonese: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
obembet:
Ronaldo expressed his opinion on new season's Champions League and how did he think of Barcelona after receiving the MARCA Legend award

How about Barca?
I think they are very strong. It has been reinforced very well with De Jong, Griezmann, like last year with Coutinho, Dembelé ... They are always one of the best teams in the world.

The same as Madrid, with Hazard, Jovic, Mendy ... and Juve too ...

On Champions League
This year is Juventus'? It is always the year of Juventus, of Madrid, of Barça, in which a competition like the Champions League only have one winner.

I give you the example of Barcelona: So much money has invested the last five years in players but has not won the Champions League. That is not how it works.

Juve has been reinforced very well and it is a team that will fight to win, as always, but it will depend on many factors: the crosses, the groups, the moment, the injuries, the luck ... But as I said there is no such thing is more fascinating than winning the Champions League.

Juve will win it, if it is not this year, hopefully, it will be in the next two years by the way they work, how they are considering it. It has all the ingredients to be able to win it.

Source: https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/Serie-A/Ronaldo-Barca-invested-a-lot-of-money-in-last-5-years-but-havent-won-UCL/1614005

The route to the champions league cup has become much tougher. i think the so called smaller teams have brighter chances now.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by nonye6194: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ronaldo remains one of the real definition of hard work and persistence producing results. A G.O.A.T

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by Raydos: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
Bragging!!!! This is one thing i hate about this motherfucker, Do you think if you were still in Man-U you would win that UCL 3 times ?? Madrid helped your damn life!!

How many UCL do you win before the arrival of zidane?? It's zidane that came and changed everything in Madrid!!!

I will respect you only if you win UCL with juventus which is not possible!!

31 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by Whobedatte(m): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
And Juve has won it in the last 20 years
overrated player

13 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by SEMO007(m): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ezeja Jude
Allowee done show
Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by shawanve: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
real GOAT

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by Legalese(m): 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
Imagine if it was Barça that won it 3 in a row. We would not hear word again. Especially about Messi.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by nerodenero: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
Cr7 and his Old lady team should take several seats backward. His major headache is Messi and if I were him, I will simply enjoy the competition between us as rivals. Compare to other teams, I don't think the Old lady possess enough firepower in the attack to propel them to win it. Like Barcelona, when he is not scoring, nobody scores.

As for the next winner of the Champions league, judging by how English teams performed the last time, I believe they are still in a pole position to clinch it ahead of other teams but as they say, football is like biscuit, it cracks anywhere and everywhere. Fingers crossed and watching keenly!

As for me, Cr7 is a wonderful player and a honour to watch him play but I prefer the other.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by milaso: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
Pure truth, and dey will nbot see it till next 3 years coming grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by VulgarLee(m): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
EWU
Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by cue64: 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
Whobedatte:
And Juve has won it in the last 20 years
overrated player
your hatred will not allow u see that he is actually saying the truth!!!

16 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by anambraamaka: 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
My goat?
Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by slapandfall(m): 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
We need to understand that Ronaldo and like some other European players are not native English speakers.
So their use of English is not the best.

Hence they use some words which they do not know it sounds rude or has some form of pride. "not like they themselves are really rude or proud" but that is just the way they can speak English because they speak by word to word translation.

If you get what i mean undecided

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by one1clien(m): 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
but he ain't lying. see why he's the goat

get ur website/blog for 5k.see my signature

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL by ImmaculateJOE(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
Since 2009 (10yeras) Barcelona has always been tipped as the favorites to win UCL but ended up winning 2out of 10.
Madrid always considered to be the 2nd or 3rd favorite has won 4out of 10.

Going to the next season also Barcelona will be the favorite to win UCL.

Liverpool
Man City &
Juventus has a better chance.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Club Rumours Wall Of Fame As Grand Opening Holds Friday / Patrick Mboma’s Overhead Kick For Cameroon, Before Ronaldo (Video) / Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.