Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man (2459 Views)

Woman Blasted For Photoshopping Her Trip From Kenya To China (Hilarious Photos) / Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by heryyy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 15, 2010
KUALA LUMPUR: Christina Luke Niju told her parents she was going on a school trip to China, but instead the 22-year-old went there with a man she met online.

The Kuching Polytechnic student has gone missing since May, and her parents are anxious to locate her.

MCA Public Services and Complaints Department head Datuk Michael Chong fears she may have been sold to Chinese syndicates or be used as a drug mule.

Her distraught mother Elpedia Metello said Christina had called her in April, as she wanted her birth certificate to apply for a passport for the trip.

Keeping a lookout : (From left) Luke Niju and Elpedia showing a picture of their missing daughter, Christina with Chong (right).

“I mailed her the birth certificate, but I was later informed by her roommate Erninyanti that she had actually followed an African man she befriended online to China,” said the mother of two from Sandakan yesterday.

Elpedia said she believed the man was a Nigerian named James. She said Erninyanti informed her that James claimed to be from a college in Subang.

“She actually went to Kuala Lumpur to meet James before boarding a flight to China. I don’t even know which part of China she is in now,” Elpedia said.

Christina’s last contact was with Erninyanti through an e-mail, informing her that she was in trouble and had no way of returning home.

“She told Erninyanti that James had left her in China after meeting and receiving a sum of money from a friend there,” said Elpedia.

Christina’s parents immediately lodged a missing persons report with police in Sandakan, who passed it to the Kuching police department.

All attempts to contact Christina have been fruitless.

Her father Luke Niju said they had come to Chong’s department as they had run out of options, saying there had been no response from police in Kuching since they lodged the report.

Chong told reporters that he had contacted the college in Subang and was informed that it had no African student named James.

“I have forwarded this case to Wisma Putra and Malaysian Interpol.

“They have also alerted our consulate in China,” he said.

He appealed to Christina’s friends and the public who may know of her whereabouts to come forward or call the department at 03-21615678.
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by niceguy10: 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2010
So poster what are we going to do? Help find the missing Girl?
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by OmoAlata(f): 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2010
She's an adult
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by symbian03(m): 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2010
Plus how could they have presumed that any african named 'James' probably could be a Nigerian? I hope they find the missing girl though as i was considering the situation the parents,friends/families might be :-(
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
where is the picture of the gal? where is that info from?!
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by raintree: 4:59am On Jul 16, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

where is the picture of the gal? where is that info from?!
Check these links:

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/20sic/Article

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/14liza/Article
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2010
thanks will send the article to a few mates back in China.
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by raintree: 2:38am On Jul 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

thanks will send the article to a few mates back in China.
You're welcome.
Here's an update in the local newspaper today.

Missing Kuching lass caught as drug mule in China

KUALA LUMPUR: The polytechnic student who went missing with an African man for more than two months has been located – she was caught at the Haikou airport in China as a suspected drug smuggler.

Investigations revealed that Christina Luke Niju, 22, had arrived in Hainan on April 29 and had been issued a visa until July 29.

On Wednesday, her distraught parents had sought help from MCA Public Services and Complaints Department head Datuk Michael Chong to find their daughter after she failed to return home.

Chong said Christina, a Kuching Polytechnic student, was arrested on June 29 and had since been detained at the Hainan detention centre in Guangzhou.

“She is still being investigated. When the process is done, we can arrange for the parents to see her in China,” Chong told a press conference here yesterday.

He said Christina’s was one of the 10 cases over the last year involving Malaysians being used as drug mules to China.

He said seven of them had been sentenced to between 15 years and life imprisonment in various parts of China while the trial of one woman was pending. He added that a Malaysian man had been executed.

He said all these cases involved African men who conned their victims into becoming drug mules.

“I believe this trend is becoming very serious and I will brief MCA leaders about these cases so that this issue can be raised in the Cabinet,” said Chong.

On April 28, Christina had told a roommate that she would be going on a business trip to China with an African man named James.

Her parents lodged a missing person’s report with the police in Sandakan, who then passed the information to the Kuching police.

They sought Chong’s help after all attempts failed.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/7/17/nation/6686584&sec=nation
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by hugooh42(m): 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2010
So sorry for the girl.Our men are full of shit.
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by OmoAlata(f): 6:16am On Jul 18, 2010
hugooh42:

So sorry for the girl.Our men are full of poo.

A 22 year old should know better wink
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by raintree: 8:48am On Jul 18, 2010
Omo Alata:

A 22 year old should know better wink
Don't be so sure. You might be the next bait!!!
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by OmoAlata(f): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2010
raintree:

Don't be so sure. You might be the next bait!!!

A wife and mother of 5 kids I doubt it somehow unless dem use juju for me wink I won't even carry someone's bag for them at the airport wink
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by raintree: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2010
Omo Alata:

A wife and mother of 5 kids I doubt it somehow unless dem use juju for me wink I won't even carry someone's bag for them at the airport wink
Good for you. Watch out for your kids. They do silly things!
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by hugooh42(m): 3:28am On Jul 19, 2010
You know they will make you fall in love and spoil you to the extent you do stupid things for them.i recently lost a girl to one of them,a girl from one of these east Asia country.I know she will soon be a victim.Its crazy how those girls fall in love.
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by raintree: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
hugooh42:

You know they will make you fall in love and spoil you to the extent you do silly things for them.i recently lost a girl to one of them,a girl from one of these east Asia country.I know she will soon be a victim.Its crazy how those girls fall in love.
Please, can you not warn your friend about the danger she's getting herself into?
I flinch when I think of the consequence of her action. My God, her life is gonna be ruined like Christina. These girls are young, naive and ignorant; possibly 1st time travelling out of the country and worse, blinded by love.
Please, help your friend. You could save her life!
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by hugooh42(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2010
@Raintree I'tried, but she said the guy promised to marry her,that she had even spoken with the guys mother.But , sometimes she runs to me when they have problems.She will even swear to leave him for good at the end of the day she will still go back to himrThe guy sees me as an obstacle to his plans though we've never met in person.Recently he made her change her number and not to give me.Fortunetly i met her online and she said she is not allowed to give me her number that i should understand.So you see i have tried my best.
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by raintree: 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2010
@ Hugooh42
Thanks so much for your reply. If you ever get to meet her online again, please attach this link to her. Tell her she must read this thread.
If she still doesn't want to listen, then let her have her way. You've done your part to warn her. Thanks again. Bless you!
Re: Kuching College Girl Missing After Going Off To China With A Nigerian Man by hugooh42(m): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2010
I will do that.But i know she won't listen.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Ghana For The Cfa Exams? / Any Post Office In Lagos Airports (international Or Domestic) / Shame Of A Nation!! Nigeria's Airports Amongst Worst Even In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.