Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Should I Stop Lending People Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Stop Lending People Money? (999 Views)

Man Tries To Give People Money They Reject, Thinking It Is Ritual Money (video) / Stop Lending Money To People In Naira / How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Stop Lending People Money? by mainstreets(m): 12:40am On Oct 21, 2018
Good day people,
I have observed with dismay that each time I lend money to friends, loved ones, it usually ruins the relationship. Is either they become angry at me when they can't pay back or they tag me a bad person when I refuse to give them the next time they ask.
In my office, my boss usually borrows from me b4 d end of the month because he feels I am still a bachelor. Once, salary is paid, I will have to remind him b4 he pays back. He does this month in , month out. On this particular occasion, I turned him down cos I needed to meet a personal financial need, that was d day he disliked me. He did all he could so I will leave d organization but God got my back, I was transferred instead.
So many cases I can refer to, wen u give them money, u r a very good person, but the day u turn them down, u become their worst enemy, forgetting all u have done for them in the past.
Is it wrong to lend people money especially when they are in need? Cos I have made up my mind not to, anymore.
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by Jonadull: 12:46am On Oct 21, 2018
?
Why are they always asking you to borrow them money everytime
Okay . Here’s a solution.
Start asking people to borrow you money too .
Start from those same set of people you’ve borrowed money and other random people too. You will learn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by techgeek12(m): 12:54am On Oct 21, 2018
Don't stop ur good heart from doing what u feel it's right, you don't know what God has in plan for you, one day good always pays off, if u have enough you can lead someone, but if udobt have just sayu don't have, but don't say u don't when u are capable of doing otherwise, good always prevails, that been said, you have a good heart, don't ruin it cus of some people that don't appreciate it, some people outdeir does, even me my only sis is sick with cancer, and my boss don't wanna give me advance so at least I can get her drugs, humans are something else abeg, God help us all
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by sholatech(m): 1:01am On Oct 21, 2018
I can relate with this..But believe me, most people borrow money easily and find it difficult to repay back when they have the money.

Very common to hear 'I will pay you back in two weeks as im expecting some money in few days time'..Two years you are still chasing them. So many neighbours, church members, relatives, politicians, work colleagues. Business associates are on this list. Currently, I no longer loan out money I can't lose..Or else you will get badly heartbroken. You will even see some buy luxury items or throw owambe party while they still owe you far less...
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by mainstreets(m): 1:03am On Oct 21, 2018
sholatech:
I can relate with this..But believe me, most people borrow money easily and find it difficult to repay back when they have the money.

Very common to hear 'I will pay you back in two weeks as im expecting some money in few days time'..Two years you are still chasing them. So many neighbours, church members, relatives, politicians, work colleagues. Business associates are on this list. Currently, I no longer loan out money I can't lose..Or else you will get badly heartbroken. You will even see some buy luxury items or throw owambe party while they still owe you far less...
Thk u.
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by mainstreets(m): 1:04am On Oct 21, 2018
techgeek12:
Don't stop ur good heart from doing what u feel it's right, you don't know what God has in plan for you, one day good always pays off, if u have enough you can lead someone, but if udobt have just sayu don't have, but don't say u don't when u are capable of doing otherwise, good always prevails, that been said, you have a good heart, don't ruin it cus of some people that don't appreciate it, some people outdeir does, even me my only sis is sick with cancer, and my boss don't wanna give me advance so at least I can get her drugs, humans are something else abeg, God help us all
Thk u
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by mainstreets(m): 1:06am On Oct 21, 2018
Jonathan:
?
Why are they always asking you to borrow them money everytime
Okay . Here’s a solution.
Start asking people to borrow you money too .
Start from those same set of people you’ve borrowed money and other random people too. You will learn cheesy
Thks, but I can't be borrowing when I don't need it. If I do that, those same people will b d ones to gossip u, that u r broke, and that they don't know what u spend money on. Am sure u understand my point
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by frozen70(f): 1:36am On Oct 21, 2018
You must have given them the impression that you don't have responsibilities to cater for

So they will always come to you for financial help

Stop exposing your money or yourself to them

If you have enough and don't know what to do with it

Go and buy a portion of land and start building house

Better still get married and you will know why the married ones comes to you for borrowing

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 21, 2018
undecided
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by Acidosis(m): 4:06am On Oct 21, 2018
Loan repayment is one of the most difficult things to do. In fact, 70% of people who fails to refund their benefactors do so because of greed and wickedness, not because they don't have a means to pay back.

Some genuinely don't have it; some believe since you have enough to borrow them, you'd be good even if they don't pay back. Others simply want to take you for a f00l especially if you're the type that talk less and finds it difficult to 'disturb' your debtors with calls, SMS.

To overcome them all, please go and learn how to say 'NO. There's no better antidote than a 'No'.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by Jonadull: 6:31am On Oct 21, 2018
mainstreets:

Thks, but I can't be borrowing when I don't need it. If I do that, those same people will b d ones to gossip u, that u r broke, and that they don't know what u spend money on. Am sure u understand my point
Oh!
I thought as much!
Continue to prove to them that you’re not broke and they will continue to borrow money from you .
Nonsense cheesy.
At your age! You’re still scared of “what people will say”

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by dominique(f): 6:51am On Oct 21, 2018
I used to be like you op but my former colleagues taught me the hard way how to say NO to loan requests. They felt since I'm married and my husband appears to be well off, I have more than enough cash to spare. Whenever anybody comes to request for soft loan from me, I list all the expenses on my neck. Na them go pity me sef.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by VERSESIX(m): 7:10am On Oct 21, 2018
dominique:
I used to be like you op but my former colleagues taught me the hard way how to say NO to loan requests. They felt since I'm married and my husband appears to be well off, I have more than enough cash to spare. Whenever anybody comes to request for soft loan from me, I list all the expenses on my neck. Na them go pity me sef.
Dom! Dom!
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by mainstreets(m): 7:11am On Oct 21, 2018
Jonathan:

Oh!
I thought as much!
Continue to prove to them that you’re not broke and they will continue to borrow money from you .
Nonsense cheesy.
At your age! You’re still scared of “what people will say”
This guy, u be bad guy. Thks, I nor go fear again of 'what people will say'
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by mainstreets(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2018
dominique:
Thks alot, exactly what I will start doing

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by mainstreets(m): 7:13am On Oct 21, 2018
Acidosis:

Loan repayment is one of the most difficult things to do. In fact, 70% of people who fails to refund their benefactors do so because of greed and wickedness, not because they don't have a means to pay back.

Some genuinely don't have it; some believe since you have enough to borrow them, you'd be good even if they don't pay back. Others simply want to take you for a f00l especially if you're the type that talk less and finds it difficult to 'disturb' your debtors with calls, SMS.

To overcome them all, please go and learn how to say 'NO. There's no better antidote than a 'No'.
Many thks.
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by mainstreets(m): 7:15am On Oct 21, 2018
frozen70:
You must have given them the impression that you don't have responsibilities to cater for

So they will always come to you for financial help

Stop exposing your money or yourself to them

If you have enough and don't know what to do with it

Go and buy a portion of land and start building house

Better still get married and you will know why the married ones comes to you for borrowing
Thks, I am going to get married sharpa sharpa
Re: Should I Stop Lending People Money? by frozen70(f): 7:17am On Oct 21, 2018
mainstreets:

Thks, I am going to get married sharpa sharpa

Lol

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Recover 25000 From My Dubious Sales Girl / Neatly Used Bajaj Keke At Give Away Price / I Print Recharge Card From My Phone Without Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.