Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Windows 10 (OS) Update, A Nightmare To PC & Microsoft Users, Worst Is Cortana - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 (OS) Update, A Nightmare To PC & Microsoft Users, Worst Is Cortana (1138 Views)

Why Isn't Cortana Available On My Windows 10 PC / Why Isn't Cortana Available On My Windows 10 PC? / This Is How Microsoft Cortana Exposes Your PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows 10 (OS) Update, A Nightmare To PC & Microsoft Users, Worst Is Cortana by exlink10(m): 11:48am On Oct 21, 2018
Sometimes I wonder why a huge company like Microsoft will mess up their product so bad that more than 90% of their customers are complaining bitterly. Right now, Microsoft Windows 10 operating system (OS) which is being forced on every PC's is a nightmare to people.

I've had rumors that Windows OS was found in Xeros's dumpster and I didn't believe it, but now, I'm inclined to believe these rumors. Else, why would a company like Microsoft design a crappy OS like Windows 10 and dump it on their customers? On every forum you head to online, every goddam person is complaining on one thing or the other.

First, Windows 10 was designed to automatically update itself once you are connected to the internet, given the user no options to either stop or continue the update which was present in other Windows versions before Windows 10. Secondly, foolish apps running in the background and causing the systems to lag.

No one wants a system that will delay workflow while its on an errand (sent from Microsoft).

There isn't enough space here to keep sharing the experiences I and many have had with this crappy OS called Windows 10 and I hesitate to say this, Windows 10 sucks so bad that I want to throw-up. I miss Windows 7 and even WindowsMe. Microsoft took away the simplicity Windows 7 had and added this annoying app driven constantly running in the background feature.

Those nonsense and foolish apps are constantly connecting to servers throughout the web, not to mention Microsoft's own embedded spy on the user settings which Anti-virus software see as spyware.

To be perfectly honest, if you remove Windows 10 and install Windows 7 on today's Solid State hard drive driven PCs, it moves much faster than Windows 10. Worst innovation is the so called Cortana which is a total trash and always conflicting with the regular explorer search.

One can't even install Windows 10 without running into one trouble or the other. Is either the Start Menu is not working, Edge and Media is not working, Taskbar is looked and not opening etc and the complain goes on and on and on without ending.. You can checkout forums and see more and more complains without any genuine fix.

What will I say and what will I leave unsaid? Even something as simple as setting your default browser take you to another screen where you have to setup your defaults using a window's app. This was done with one click in Windows 7. The computer hardware is faster today, but Microsoft screwed that up with Windows 10. Users are forced to install Windows 10 on their old systems, unaware that this OS needs a very fast processor and graphics card to operate correctly, which leads to crashes and BSOD.

To compare Windows 10 to Windows 7 is equivalent to asking someone to go around a block just to cross the street when they use to just walk right across. Too many more negatives to post but have got to stop here. But Bill Gate and Belmar need to know that my next stop is MAC.

Common Microsoft, how do you take a perfectly working OS like Windows 10 (when it was first introduced) and screw it up so bad that you can't even do one thing without running to internet to browse one problem or the other. This is outrageous. Its not like Windows 10 was broken before.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/10/windows-10-os-update-nightmare-to-pc.html?m=1

cc mynd44 lalasticlala missyb3 obinoscopy

Re: Windows 10 (OS) Update, A Nightmare To PC & Microsoft Users, Worst Is Cortana by ITbomb(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
The bottom line is, don't install windows 10 on your old system.
Windows 10 is supposed to come with a new hardware

That aside, once I installed my windows 10,

1. I switched off Cortana
2. Disable Windows update
3. Install Chrome and disable auto updates
1 - 3 might involve going to Registry or Services or Group Policies, not point and click
4. Mark my personal Hotspot as metered connection
5. Install updated drivers
6. Install .Net 3.5 (most win 10 comes with only 4.5 version which causes issues with some older games)
7. Install USB Guard
8. And finally, cover my front camera with black tape (Mark taught me that)

I've never had issues with Windows 10, in fact I love its fast start up and shutdown (I think one of the few things it beats Windows 7)
Re: Windows 10 (OS) Update, A Nightmare To PC & Microsoft Users, Worst Is Cortana by jerflakes(m): 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2018
Switch to Ubuntu

"apt-get" dey sweet

3 Likes

Re: Windows 10 (OS) Update, A Nightmare To PC & Microsoft Users, Worst Is Cortana by Wizdeen(m): 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2018
Right now i hate windows,havent used it for over three years now,Linux rescued me from all this windows wahala.go with the advice given above,switch to Ubuntu, its simple to understand coming from a windows background.it might seem hard at first but you will start getting the hang of it surely
Re: Windows 10 (OS) Update, A Nightmare To PC & Microsoft Users, Worst Is Cortana by exlink10(m): 4:47am On Dec 18, 2018
ITbomb:
The bottom line is, don't install windows 10 on your old system.
Windows 10 is supposed to come with a new hardware

That aside, once I installed my windows 10,

1. I switched off Cortana
2. Disable Windows update
3. Install Chrome and disable auto updates
1 - 3 might involve going to Registry or Services or Group Policies, not point and click
4. Mark my personal Hotspot as metered connection
5. Install updated drivers
6. Install .Net 3.5 (most win 10 comes with only 4.5 version which causes issues with some older games)
7. Install USB Guard
8. And finally, cover my front camera with black tape (Mark taught me that)

I've never had issues with Windows 10, in fact I love its fast start up and shutdown (I think one of the few things it beats Windows 7)

cover ur front camera with black tape, why?

(1) (Reply)

USA Used Dell Xps / 3.7v Lithium Ion Cells For Sale / Du U Know A Good African Chat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.