Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

"Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word (20357 Views)

I Want To Barb My Hair — Is It Correct? / The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years / Don't MUMU Yourself “i'm Fine Thank You” is ABSOLUTELY Wrong! See Right Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by PurestBoy(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2018
I posted on Paul Pogba's new haircut thread that he flew his barber to Russia during World Cup to BARBER his hair and some folks were laughing thinking I was wrong.
Well the truth is. The right word you say is "Barber your hair" and NOT "Barb your hair".

If anyone has one or two to share should please add and let's learn together

3 Likes

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by Shelumiel: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2018
You can still say I am going for a hair-cut. It is not mandatory you use one phrase to explain yourself to your audience

21 Likes

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by MJBOLT: 8:24am On Oct 22, 2018
or you can say 'cut your hair'

PurestBoy:
I posted on Paul Pogba's need haircut thread that he flew his barber to Russia during World Cup to BARBER his hair and some folks were laughing thinking I was wrong.
Well the truth is. The right world you say is "Barber your hair" and NOT "Barb your hair".

1 Like

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 22, 2018
Oyinbo wey get English no carry am for head reach us.

10 Likes

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by hadjipapiey(m): 9:41am On Oct 22, 2018
Shave can be used too..

It is often used in UK n US
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by HajimeSaito(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2018
You can also say: "Paul Pogba had his hair styled by a barber"

PurestBoy:
I posted on Paul Pogba's new haircut thread that he flew his barber to Russia during World Cup to BARBER his hair and some folks were laughing thinking I was wrong.
Well the truth is. The right world you say is "Barber your hair" and NOT "Barb your hair".

2 Likes

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by zopeyahoxa: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2018
Master the photography essentials and consistently take better photos! YES! Tell me more. FREE LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE. Discover my proven

Everything you need to know about Photoshop, Lightroom, and Photography from YouTube's #1 Instructor. ... New Free Tutorials ..... When it comes to learning about all things digital photography, look no further than Aaron and PHLEARN.

Photography, like most arts, is something you can master in concept, but never stop learning, evolving and pushing the limits. If you are just starting out, learning the basics and understanding the principles of photography are important, but as you become more proficient in the craft, you shouldn't stop. As a seasoned shooter, the day you stop learning is the day you fall behind the pack, and when you stop taking the best possible photos you can. If you're a professional shooter, learning the newest trends, techniques and equipment is essential so in turn, you can offer the very best product to your customers.

Bringing you all the secrets of the pros, by professional photographers, for free, PhotographyCourse.net has lessons for photographers of all skill levels in an easy to navigate

Fuel your burning passion to take awesome photographs with the BEST photography training which aims at unmasking simple techniques of beautiful arts of digital photography. The course covers everything from foundation level photography to understanding important lights

This unique program circulates on Photography wherein every student will learn various aspect of being a Photographer. This program is meant for students who aspire to be photographers

1 Like

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by oshe111(m): 11:18am On Oct 22, 2018
PurestBoy:

Barb is also correct
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 22, 2018
Earthbound:
Same way we don't bother about our local language
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by newjosboy: 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2018
oshe111:
Barb is also correct

"Barb" is obsolete. English now considers it wrong.

1 Like

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by oshe111(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2018
newjosboy:

Being outdated doesnt make it "wrong"

9 Likes

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2018
grin grin

Whether barb or barber, wetin concern gorimapa like me? Make I go cream my skull jare.

4 Likes

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by daxon001(m): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2018
or u can say Pogba ge run
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by Chukazu: 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2018
PurestBoy:

And what is wrong in shortening a word?
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by themonk(m): 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
PurestBoy:

English professor what about the boldened?

grin

4 Likes

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by evanso6226(f): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
PurestBoy:
. The right world you say is "Barber your hair" and NOT "Barb your hair".

Wrong again shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by PurestBoy(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
evanso6226:

Wrong again shocked shocked

Calm, we both know that was a typo
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by falcon01: 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
PurestBoy:

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by Fierce11: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2018
"I dey go 'trim and carve' my hair".. If you have a problem with that sentence, na you sabi.
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by flinton(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
"Barber" is an example of a gerund, the op is very correct, barber plz barber my hair

1 Like

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by telkevog(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
PurestBoy:

You can also say you are going to cut your head. That one too follow.
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by Gunnax(m): 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2018
newjosboy:

And so? Igbo and yoruba still consider it right
Mtcheew
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by Bifrost: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2018
Earthbound:

They don't need to "...carry am for head reach us".

When you speak you mother tongue, do you think of it before speaking? It's the same with them.
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by tamunoinaemi: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2018

Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by edemsimeon: 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2018
I want to have my hair shave. Or, He wants to have his hair shave. these 2 sentences are correct.
Re: "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word by PrincessB1(f): 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
telkevog:
You can also say you are going to cut your head. That one too follow.
Cut your head? shocked

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home / Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed / Real Reasons Ladies Prefer To Live Off-Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.