Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years (76418 Views)

China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel / ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) / China Opens Visa Centre In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by lakesider(m): 11:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
Nigerian are very stupid people. Always yabbing their country indirectly yabbing themselves.

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by ayobamiakinrind(m): 11:29pm On Oct 23, 2018
obafemee80:

Chinese President has officially opened the 55km world's longest sea crossing bridge. The sixth longest bridge on earth took nine years to complete.

The new bridge connects Hong Kong to Macau and the mainland Chinese city of Zhuhai.

It will cut travelling time between Zhuhai and Hong Kong from about four hours to just 30 minutes.

Built at the cost about $20bn (that is about ₦7.3trillion) and designed to last 120 years ,the mega structure is strong enough to withstand earthquakes and typhoons.

Part of the total crossing consists of a 30km bridge that crosses the sea. A 6.7km underwater tunnel also runs between two artificial islands to allow large cargo ship containers to pass through.

To put the length of the bridge into perspective, the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos (the second longest bridge in Africa) has a total length of 11.8 km.

For now, only private transports that has special permits will be allowed on the bridge. Hong Kong residents will also need special permits to access the toll paying bridge .

China also boasts of the World’s Highest Bridge ,the ₦52billion 1.34 km bridge between Xuanwei city and Shuicheng county, that is as tall as a 200-storey-building.

What do you think ?

See more pictures here :
https://autojosh.com/china-opens-₦7-3trillion-worlds-longest-sea-bridge-designed-to-last-120-years/

Ajimobi build bridge at Mokola, him bus no fit climb am.

2 Likes

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by iceybux(m): 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2018
akeentech:
3rd mainland bridge long pass this one

re you a fool or u cant read... cant u differentiate the numbers in kilometers of both bridges. . dumb
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by judeodion(m): 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2018
They need to put like four filing stations on that bridge oh because if your fuel finish in top during winter, OYO is your name.
obafemee80:

Chinese President has officially opened the 55km world's longest sea crossing bridge. The sixth longest bridge on earth took nine years to complete.

The new bridge connects Hong Kong to Macau and the mainland Chinese city of Zhuhai.

It will cut travelling time between Zhuhai and Hong Kong from about four hours to just 30 minutes.

Built at the cost about $20bn (that is about ₦7.3trillion) and designed to last 120 years ,the mega structure is strong enough to withstand earthquakes and typhoons.

Part of the total crossing consists of a 30km bridge that crosses the sea. A 6.7km underwater tunnel also runs between two artificial islands to allow large cargo ship containers to pass through.

To put the length of the bridge into perspective, the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos (the second longest bridge in Africa) has a total length of 11.8 km.

For now, only private transports that has special permits will be allowed on the bridge. Hong Kong residents will also need special permits to access the toll paying bridge .

China also boasts of the World’s Highest Bridge ,the ₦52billion 1.34 km bridge between Xuanwei city and Shuicheng county, that is as tall as a 200-storey-building.

What do you think ?

See more pictures here :
https://autojosh.com/china-opens-₦7-3trillion-worlds-longest-sea-bridge-designed-to-last-120-years/

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Kalashnikov102(m): 11:45pm On Oct 23, 2018
Abacha loot ad other polytricktians has this in their accounts. Let's put it to use!
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by jaxxy(m): 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2018
wamiikechukwu:

i believe you didn't Read the post,please do that's the only way we learn new things.

Actually I skipped through cos I was tired. I know it’s contects Hong Kong and Chinese mainland cities bt I just read up about the artificial islands which led to my initial statement. They look like they’re in the middle of nowhere.
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Sagay212: 11:51pm On Oct 23, 2018
pastors need to explain to us whether it is the same God that created the white people that created blacks as well. we nor just gree sabi anything for this life. this same chinese people are all over african countries helping us build roads and bridges with huge loans they gave to us. They give us loan for infrastructure, we still end up paying them to construct and must repay the loan. British people do mistake to give us independence...since they gave us, we lost direction totally. we have not been able to have steady power supply after many years. shege

6 Likes

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Nasir123(m): 12:12am On Oct 24, 2018
Oceannaagent:
shocked
Great structure I must say, China been setting the pace in technological and structural development

One of the many reasons we are bringing the concept of Oceanna in the country.
Take advantage of the opportunities in Oceanna by owning a studio Apartment or a lot.
With an average ROI of 29% yearly for life, investment is key in life for a sustainable income.

Call or whatsapp
+2347034503352 for enquiries

What does it take to own a studio Apartment in Oceania?
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 24, 2018
jaxxy:

Actually I skipped through cos I was tired. I know it’s contects Hong Kong and Chinese mainland cities bt I just read up about the artificial islands which led to my initial statement. They look like they’re in the middle of nowhere.

ok let me explain, when building bridge across a sea where ships sail especially large vessels a certain space is given to make space for free movement of those ships and if the bridge passes through it obstruct that movement.

to solve that, a part of the bridge has to be submerged into the sea, so that's what you see.....the part that's submerged into the sea.

hope you understand and when you see something like this in the future, hope you will be able to explain it to someone else just like i did now

2 Likes

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by IntellectOzone(m): 2:00am On Oct 24, 2018
Nigeria!!! where at thou

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by alexola20(m): 2:07am On Oct 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Gerrard59(m): 2:08am On Oct 24, 2018
baddosky1:

You absolutely know nothing about China. You think all these fake rubbish they export to Nigeria is the same quality of things they use in their home country?

Omitting food quality. If their food quality were to be topnotch, Fonterra would not be the biggest exporter of dairy products neither will they through ChemChina purchase Syngenta.

@Topic: I'm awed by the engineering technicalities involved. Additionally, what fascinates me about far east nations is their resolve to do things and do them quickly and promptly.

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Oceannaagent: 2:43am On Oct 24, 2018
Nasir123:

What does it take to own a studio Apartment in Oceania?
From N78M
Call or whatsapp +2347034503352
For details and other benefits that might interest you

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by seighapaul(m): 2:51am On Oct 24, 2018
Pls note

1. Chinese struggle with English language
2. Christianity and Islam are minority religion in China
3. China has found a way to coexist and live together amongst different tribes and sects
4. Institutions in China are supreme and superior to political appointments
5. Chinese government handles education, healthcare and defence....while the private sector handles the rest
6. Corruption...anyone know how they handle corruption?

I know Nigeria will get it right some day, but when? Under who's leadership? Let's decide 2019
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Hoodbilonia: 4:31am On Oct 24, 2018
naija roads
u cant turbo
if u dont see dangote truck for express
u go see tanker
lorrys parked on express
mirage pot holes almst 2ft deep
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by RoyalStyles2020: 4:34am On Oct 24, 2018
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by GRACEGLORY: 4:39am On Oct 24, 2018
sassysure:
While Nigeria is still constructing pathways called roads in cities lipsrsealed

You guys don't ever see anything good in Nigeria.
You'd only see what you choose to.
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by GRACEGLORY: 4:42am On Oct 24, 2018
Sagay212:
pastors need to explain to us whether it is the same God that created the white people that created blacks as well. we nor just gree sabi anything for this life. this same chinese people are all over african countries helping us build roads and bridges with huge loans they gave to us. They give us loan for infrastructure, we still end up paying them to construct and must repay the loan. British people do mistake to give us independence...since they gave us, we lost direction totally. we have not been able to have steady power supply after many years. shege

Even GOD doesn't owe you no explanation, you blacks always have to choose the mediocre life. And until you change your thinking, you won't grow. White thinks of development, blacks thinks of survival. They're two different Worlds.

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Amhatu(m): 4:43am On Oct 24, 2018
Congratulations to the Chinese Engineers + Hard Working Chinese University Students that took part in the great Building Project! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by uuzba(m): 5:10am On Oct 24, 2018
SilentListener:
If na Nigerian now one person go just thief the money run go u.s go stay, god help us all.

Chinese people have national pride. They are proud of "Made in China".
Nigerians hate seeing "Made in Nigeria" on anything.

2 Likes

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by somehow: 5:15am On Oct 24, 2018
Hope you know it's death sentence when a corrupt person is caught in China?
Will people like you allow that in Nigeria?

Corrupt citizens of the world
deafeyez:
Technology at it's peak.

China despite in fraud cases, are still soaring higher in technology. My people be pursuing corruption like fly yet no development.

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by uuzba(m): 5:15am On Oct 24, 2018
GRACEGLORY:

You guys don't ever see anything good in Nigeria.
You'd only see what you choose to.

When a Chinese buy shoe, slippers or car, he checks the label and it is written, "Made in China". He is happy with his country and himself.
A Nigerian asks for "Made in Germany or Belgium" before going to the market. He is never happy with himself or his country.

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by dangoteinlaw: 5:21am On Oct 24, 2018
deafeyez:
Technology at it's peak.

China despite in fraud cases, are still soaring higher in technology. My people be pursuing corruption like fly yet no development.
. Hahaha this Ur comment is really underated... China is the mining hub for bitcoin, money laundering is the highest in China, to name a few. But it is in Nigeria a blogger complain that AdSense refuse to send his money coz of yahooboys. grin grin
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by murphybo(m): 5:26am On Oct 24, 2018
akeentech:
3rd mainland bridge long pass this one
Did you read the article or only pictures you see
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 24, 2018
our national budget
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by EmekaBlue(m): 6:07am On Oct 24, 2018
That's why I still value my chinese master degree and the chinese I speak read and write.

One day one day I go use am blow

1 Like

Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Wizaugpet(m): 6:15am On Oct 24, 2018
I'm tired of this China and their Mumu mbok... angry

undecided

cool
grin
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by dam2000(m): 6:17am On Oct 24, 2018
Where is fashola
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by seunmsg(m): 6:18am On Oct 24, 2018
soberdrunk:
If only Baba Customs and his gang did not dip 'both hands' inside our bag, what is 7.3trillion that we cannot build our own bridge across River Niger........ angry

Nigeria's total budget for 2018 is a little bit over N9trillion. The capital component is not even up to N3.5trillion. So, how on earth can we afford to construct just one bridge for N7.3trillion?
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Ifiegboria(m): 6:18am On Oct 24, 2018
Respect!
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by emperorblog(m): 6:26am On Oct 24, 2018
meanwhile if a nigeria leader get hold of dhat 7trillion naira. they will squander d money and start running after thin air. pack d money to der pocket. y africa y nigeria

who did we offend
Re: China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years by Hcultured007(m): 6:27am On Oct 24, 2018
rottennaija:
Great masterpiece... While we are here in Nigeria praying for things to change by miracle, others are planning, working and implementing their plans
there's is no better name dis project deserves..GREAT MASTERPIECE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada / Akwa Ibom Christmas's Village Home To All Christian Tourists... Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.