Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,103 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Did You Receive Notification About Moving To Mobile-first Index From Google? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Did You Receive Notification About Moving To Mobile-first Index From Google? (742 Views)

How To Get Google To Index Your New Website In 2019 - 11 Ways To Do It Instantly / Adsense Payment For Nov 21, 2018 :e-mail Notification And Bank Alert / How Do You Receive Funds From Google/youtube ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Receive Notification About Moving To Mobile-first Index From Google? by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 24, 2018
Many webmasters are beginning to receive email from Google about the moving of their site to mobile-first index.

And for those not in the know, mobile-first index is the future of indexing according to Google in which a website is evaluated from the mobile responsive angle and ranked accordingly even for desktop.

It means your site is now been ranked with the mobile version instead of the old method of ranking a site using the desktop version. But to qualify for the mobile-first indexing, a site must be almost if not same as on mobile and desktop, meaning a responsive web design.

If your site has been moved to mobile-first index kindly share your experience as regards improvements in traffic or otherwise.
Re: Did You Receive Notification About Moving To Mobile-first Index From Google? by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 24, 2018
We were moved to mobile-first index just recently and traffic has been on full throttle! grin
Re: Did You Receive Notification About Moving To Mobile-first Index From Google? by trumanmills: 6:35am On Oct 24, 2018
I recently got that notification on http://segmentblue.com and yes it boomed my daily traffic as well. The most good thing is that you can see the mobile usability section in search console and Google really gives you best suggestions for further improvement.
Re: Did You Receive Notification About Moving To Mobile-first Index From Google? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2018
trumanmills:
I recently got that notification on http://segmentblue.com and yes it boomed my daily traffic as well. The most good thing is that you can see the mobile usability section in search console and Google really gives you best suggestions for further improvement.
I guess the mobile-first index rewards page speed and easy navigation, as that's what is common with most mobile responsive design. cool
Re: Did You Receive Notification About Moving To Mobile-first Index From Google? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2018
If your site has a hugely disparate mobile version, and less optimized, it will certainly affect your traffic negatively with the mobile-first index.

So opt for fully responsive design. cool
Re: Did You Receive Notification About Moving To Mobile-first Index From Google? by adamrainer: 10:52pm On May 26, 2020
is CDN help to speedup my site Gadgetsouq.com

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Blog Writer For My Blogs / Please I Need Asistance On How I Can Buy A Domin Cheapname Or Goddday Please An1 / Facebook To Merge Whatsapp, Instagram And Messenger Chats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.