Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? (4008 Views)

We Need A Video Creator / If You Are Very Good With After Effect,illustrator And Photoshop We Need You / We Need A Graphics Designer Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2018
Look at the costumes of Superheroes, most of them have touches of blue or red. Coincidence? Not at all. America likes to personalize everything.
Hulk is green though... wink

Anyways, I'm not saying we should make superheroes and paint them green white green. But, show the world in an animated form that we have histories and folklores too. One that our next generation would also boast about.

I mean even if we do not have gods let's deify whoever we want (maybe Okonkwo of things fall apart) and give them a back story. It's all fiction after all

I'm not a professional 3D artist, I'm a below average but, as we move up in the learning curve let's move together with our concepts, so that as we become more professionals we review and Polish them to keep up with the cinematic look of the times. Look at how Avengers looked then and now. The graphics and effects then were laughable at best.

Whatever it is, whether concept art, 3D, 2D, 1/2D, anything.

The only guaranteed failure is not starting.
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by NoChill: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2018
I am with you boss, am also an upcoming cg artist but am a professional script writer. I can write back stories, front stories, and side stories for our characters. Something that will showcase our rich history and culture in a modern and futuristic way

1 Like

Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2018
NoChill:
I am with you boss, am also an upcoming cg artist but am a professional script writer. I can write back stories, front stories, and side stories for our characters. Something that will showcase our rich history and culture in a modern and futuristic way

Good good. We should develop characters, designs, costumes, powers and display them to see how they can be developed and enhanced.

I'm working on one presently and I've seen some guys working on Sango or something but, I stopped seeing any progress about it.

If you can develop your ideas and put it in an artistic, modeling or animation form, it would help the movement
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by frankfab(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2018
How do we start?

Great initiative
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
frankfab:
How do we start?

Great initiative

Develop a concept in form of art, 2D or 3D and a back story. Let's create independent characters and see how good they could be modified, if at all they would need modification.

Nothing is late, if anyone doesn't know how to draw, learn just find a way of representing your ideas visually

1 Like

Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by GreatAchiever1: 10:00pm On Oct 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

Develop a concept in form of art, 2D or 3D and a back story. Let's create independent characters and see how good they could be modified, if at all they would need modification.

Nothing is late, if anyone doesn't know how to draw, learn just find a way of representing your ideas visually

Evenif is in the form of basic stickman art??cheesy
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Afeski(m): 1:16am On Oct 26, 2018
Wow this is a really crazy idea, it may look small, absurd and trivial to some people but this can really go a long way and I'm not just talking financially, I'll love to be a part of this.

1 Like

Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 6:37am On Oct 26, 2018
GreatAchiever1:

Evenif is in the form of basic stickman art??cheesy

Lol... Yes o. At least its a start cheesy
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 6:40am On Oct 26, 2018
Afeski:
Wow this is a really crazy idea, it may look small, absurd and trivial to some people but this can really go a long way and I'm not just talking financially, I'll love to be a part of this.

Welcome aboard wink
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Offpoint: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2018
Good idea. since I love Nigerian food so much, my superhero will be "FUFUMAN"

his Super powers:
Ability to absorb bullets
Ability to stick to any object, e.g walls
Ability to annihilate a thousand enemies by releasing a terrible and deadly odour
*Elastic in nature...

Costume:
White, with a little touch of green
a pure white eyes balls

grin hope I make sense....
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 8:23am On Oct 26, 2018
Offpoint:

his Super powers:
Ability to annihilate a thousand enemies by releasing a terrible and deadly odour
*Elastic in nature...

Costume:
a pure white eyes balls

Lmao dude, gtfoh cheesy
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Offpoint: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2018
LucemFerre:

Lmao dude, gtfoh cheesy
lol, boss I'm bringing up wonderful idea and ya sending me awaycheesy

Statistics shows that 99% Nigerians knows what Fufu is, and 65% participate in the consuming league.
Imagine a superhero movie with such a title and character... it'll definitely be a blockbuster.
I studied the market and know the popular demands and what the people- young and old can easily relate to.

Abi Hausa man know wetin be sangogringrin

Release fufuman today and I guarantee you a million copy will be sold within 24 hours in the eastcheesy
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 8:42am On Oct 26, 2018
Lol... Yea, sold in restaurants grin
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by GreatAchiever1: 9:08am On Oct 26, 2018
Offpoint:

his Super powers:
*Elastic in nature...

Costume:
a pure white eyes balls

cheesy. The ability to annihilate that much enemy with an odour will make him to powerful na. Atlest he should have some weakness like say. Muddywater.
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Offpoint: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2018
GreatAchiever1:

cheesy. The ability to annihilate that much enemy with an odour will make him to powerful na. Atlest he should have some weakness like say. Muddywater.
gringrin his weakness will secret for now. it's too early to reveal itcheesy
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by nijabazaar: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2018
Offpoint:

his Super powers:
*Elastic in nature...

Costume:
a pure white eyes balls

I am with you....

That Superpower is what i d always dream of.

And the character will not be as serious as batman but should be at least like Shazam.

Infact we shoulf begin drafting concept images of fufuman....

He should have a weakness though, When you mix the fufu with Wheat, it becomes his Kryptonite. So he has to be verrry careful what he eats.

Boy, i can already picture his suite and the various levels of texturing....

Fufu Man: The Scourge of the Miserables....coming out in IMAX cinemas near you. What will you do if the fate if the continent lies in your belly.

I am IN...
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 11:43am On Oct 26, 2018
Lmfao... Are you guys fvcking serious? cheesy
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by GreatAchiever1: 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
nijabazaar:

I am with you....

And the character will not be as serious as batman but should be at least like Shazam.

He should have a weakness though, When you mix the fufu with Wheat, it becomes his Kryptonite. So he has to be verrry careful what he eats.

Fufu Man: The Scourge of the Miserables....coming out in IMAX cinemas near you. What will you do if the fate if the continent lies in your belly.

I am IN...

cheesy.
So wait are u trying to say that he is a normal guy but eats fufu or a special kind of fufu that grants him these powers... e go make sense like dat tho.

1 Like

Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Endtimesmith(m): 3:12am On Oct 27, 2018
I have some Africa comical heroes from my central, namely ; Malaria man,Jungle justice stopper,Dr PVC,MIC legend,Topboy,Blue brother,Sandroid,EseIV and others,we can arrange a full catalogue or comic on these and change our world,l can draw superheroes very well too
GreatAchiever1:

cheesy.
So wait are u trying to say that he is a normal guy but eats fufu or a special kind of fufu that grants him these powers... e go make sense like dat tho.
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Offpoint: 6:52am On Oct 27, 2018
nijabazaar:

I am with you....

I am IN...
cheesygrin you got my vision bro... in fact I don dey reason the narrating script.

Long time ago in far away West Africa, in year 1245, emerged a great demon named HUNGER from the underworld, it was vicious, merciless and brutal. he goes causing destructions to whatever stand his path, to young and old, strong and weak. he lay waste to land and sea. There was no living or dead who can challenge or question him. he answers to no one, nations lived at his mercy. as days goes by, weeks goes by and years goes by... so does his fury and madness increases. Human existence was threatened, our very existence was threatened. The question is... who will save humanity? who will save Africa?.... gringrin
still thinking about the story line

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 7:18am On Oct 27, 2018
Endtimesmith:
I have some Africa comical heroes from my central, namely ; Malaria man,Jungle justice stopper,Dr PVC,MIC legend,Topboy,Blue brother,Sandroid,EseIV and others,we can arrange a full catalogue or comic on these and change our world,l can draw superheroes very well too

If you have alreAdy sold the comics, you can put some characters up here with its abilities. If you haven't then maybe just upload only the character, the abilities would come after proper development.
Make somebody no steal your sh!t.

I have started tutorials on sketching too. Hopefully soon I would be able to present my concepts through sketching before developing them on PC.
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by nijabazaar: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2018
Offpoint:

cheesygrin you got my vision bro... in fact I don dey reason the narrating script.

Long time ago in far away West Africa, in year 1245, emerged a great demon named HUNGER from the underworld, it was vicious, merciless and brutal. he goes causing destructions to whatever stand his path, to young and old, strong and weak. he lay waste to land and sea. There was no living or dead who can challenge or question him. he answers to no one, nations lived at his mercy. as days goes by, weeks goes by and years goes by... so does his fury and madness increases. Human existence was threatened, our very existence was threatened. The question is... who will save humanity? who will save Africa?.... gringrin

Oh yes, a little Quixodian but definitely hip....cant wait
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by nijabazaar: 7:26am On Oct 27, 2018
Endtimesmith:

Lets see ur drafts....i have a positive feeling about this project
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by nijabazaar: 8:37am On Oct 27, 2018
Offpoint:

I am also considering another arch rival for him, He is known as the Principal Backer.

A human being but much older and had made a pact with another old god. This god seeks to return to its once powerful form. The vehicle to achieve this is via the principal backer. But this old God is also at loggerheads with the hunger demon...

This old god believe that the only way to come to relevance is by ensuring that the current crop of humans who had ceased to accord him adoration and remembrance must be ....wiped out.

The means to this is entrusted to the Principal Backer. But its a race. The great hunger demon shouldn't be given the upperhand in this objective.... Least He ascends from demon to a god .

The Principal Backer is the leader of a little group of clandestine men and women. A five man squad. They have given their souls in exchange for great fortune even in the mist of poverty. A covenant signed centuries ago with the placental blood of the first Queen of Abbysinia (what is now known as Ethiopia). Each was accorded four centuries to live.

They benefitted from the slave trade on the Eastern flank of Africa, the fierce clash btwn the Fulani Empire with the Oyo Empire, They saw to the Murder of El Kanem and the massive subjugation of the Tiv warlocks way before the dawn of colonialism. They were the Force behind great risings...

Their very motive is subjugation of peoples , to prepare their minds for fear, for a need to look for a god....

But they must have it their own way and not the way of the great demon. The great demon is an entity without emotion. To it, and as a demon, good is just a twin to evil. A wave-particle duality and notin more. In that way, the great demon is a pure cosmic entity that simply desires to be a god...

In 2019, the Principal Backer is roaming for an alliance. He met a young man , who was specially chosen because he was born at the very moment Of a Lunar Eclipse and has one testes . He helps the young manto achieve his latent energies from Fufu. He pretends to be a good force to our Fufuman, infact he was a father figure in the early stages of Fufuman...

But the ultimate aim is to use him to defeat the great demon before unleashing him unto the Masses. As a great force of annihilation....

The Principal Backer is to be presented as a mind as Black as pitch, he should be contented to see his fellow humans reduced to ash and he himself along with them. Afterall, this Century is also his last. The old God will whisper to him at night, calling to him in a tongue both ancient and unwritten, its words unintelligible but with meaning....

The Principal Backer also likes Beyonce music and that's the only thing he's gonna miss once the great annihilation starts and his life wraps to an end...

Ok, i am definitely going bollocks.

But lets make this happen.

Will our Fufuman realize that The Principal Backer is using him? Will he pull himself and Africa to safety?
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Endtimesmith(m): 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
nijabazaar:

Lets see ur drafts....i have a positive feeling about this project
l also have a Super African Planet(SAP) for comical heroes and heroines, namely Iza,waterman,Savagegun,Twerkerbug,Mapidol,NaijaXtroop,MaxOLU,BlackKeita,OBIdanger,Synod and more,l would like anyone that is interested to feel free to share his/her opinion on how to sponsor this project and get your percentage accordingly, we can discuss this deals amicably,let's make AFRICA great again,thank you.
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by kilojoDesigns: 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
LucemFerre:
Look at the costumes of Superheroes, most of them have touches of blue or red. Coincidence? Not at all. America likes to personalize everything.
Hulk is green though... wink

Anyways, I'm not saying we should make superheroes and paint them green white green. But, show the world in an animated form that we have histories and folklores too. One that our next generation would also boast about.

I mean even if we do not have gods let's deify whoever we want (maybe Okonkwo of things fall apart) and give them a back story. It's all fiction after all

I'm not a professional 3D artist, I'm a below average but, as we move up in the learning curve let's move together with our concepts, so that as we become more professionals we review and Polish them to keep up with the cinematic look of the times. Look at how Avengers looked then and now. The graphics and effects then were laughable at best.

Whatever it is, whether concept art, 3D, 2D, 1/2D, anything.

The only guaranteed failure is not starting.

Nice plan, I'd have to assume you guys don't read Nigerian comics tho.
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
kilojoDesigns:

Nice plan, I'd have to assume you guys don't read Nigerian comics tho.

No sir, I don't read comics, period. I'd love to though, if you'd point me to the right direction. Nolywood and the rest dramas we produce made me discredit any storyline coming from a native Nigerian (no offence). That maybe most of us are incapable of creating a captivating story. It's either copied or messed up
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Afeski(m): 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
I'll suggest a WhatsApp group were we can be more interactive and share ideas.

I have a lot of ideas regarding the storyline and character development of the characters, God bless.
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Afeski(m): 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
The animation industry is basically nonexistent in Nigeria and we have a lot of history and narratives to create something really beautiful, I have an idea of a character created by scientific experiments during British colonization. cool
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2018
Afeski:
The animation industry is basically nonexistent in Nigeria and we have a lot of history and narratives to create something really beautiful, I have an idea of a character created by scientific experiments during British colonization. cool

That would be a magnificent character dude, you dey think well
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by LucemFerre: 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2018
Afeski:
I'll suggest a WhatsApp group were we can be more interactive and share ideas.

I have a lot of ideas regarding the storyline and character development of the characters, God bless.

Many people regard WhatsApp groups as disturbance. I wouldn't wanna inconvenience anyone
Re: We Need To Create Nigerian Super Heroes, Who's With Me? by Afeski(m): 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2018
If they really share the dream and idea it won't be an inconvenience, let's do something that goes beyond talk here and not just let the dream die

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Offering To Help Create FREE Social Media Designs. / How Many Faces Can U See Here. / Man Butchered On His Way Home. (graphic pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.