Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story (1121 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Christianity Is Dying In England And France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story by bamidele(m): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2007
Its Sunday afternoon for a change i decide to go to Church, It was strange going to church because the Paster asked members of the congregration to give a testimony , low and behold a member of the congregation stood up and spoke about his bad experience In Nigeria  , he was about to be mugged, he was asked for his credit cards and so on . He said that one of his muggers asked if he was a Pastor or Reverend ,he said he was just  a church goer as soon as he mentioned church , one of his muggers stood back and said he was a christian , they still went on with the business of mugging, he was lucky enough to find someone to take him  back to his hotel. As soon as he arrived at his hotel he knew the good lord was watching over him and that the good lord had saved his life.

I was fuming when this man gave his testimony i felt ashamed and embarassed on two fronts , firstly i was the only naija man in the congregation and secondly i had enough about hearing negative stories about my beloved Nigeria.  I don't doubt the fact that this man had a bad experience in Nigeria, I had not been to church for four months why was it today that he had to mention about Nigeria. Its not by accident ooooooooooooo that I decided to attend church yesterday, he could have held back and not say anything, i thought wearing  my african attire , would stop him from saying anything or at least have some sensitivity. We have spoken together before so he knows am a Nigerian , anyway something got hold of me in Church , the pastor asked if anyone else had a testimony before i knew what was happening I was on the stage and i wanted to crack a few jokes to ease the tension of what i had heard , i was upset and i started by stating "my dear christian brother am sorry that you had to go through what you had to go through in Nigeria and that in every country there is always the good and bad bits" before i knew it everyone in church just stood up and kept clapping thEy gave me an applause. I THOUGHT IN MY MIND BUT I HAVE NOT CRACKED ANY JOKES YET LET ME FINISH. I was so moved I did not want to say anything else and left. Anyway after the service everyone wanted to say a few things to me I thught they were going to ask me about the speech hell no , it was more about my african attire, oh you look so nice , you look so good like a president.

Re: Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story by monshege: 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2007
lol, man you are silly
Re: Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story by bamidele(m): 6:36am On Apr 11, 2007
why do you say i am silly .
Re: Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story by monshege: 4:45am On Apr 12, 2007
the picture, the story--that was one hell of a funny story
Re: Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story by Tornadoz(m): 9:41am On Apr 12, 2007
That does not make him silly. Funny yes, but silly no.
Re: Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story by monshege: 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2007
Tornadoz:

That does not make him silly. Funny yes, but silly no.

in your court of law angry. in my own dictionary, they are all the same thing especially when the joke is way too funny for me grin, but then again, you may be silly for questioning my judgment grin
Re: Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story by bamidele(m): 7:51am On Apr 13, 2007
okay i get it for you silly means way too funny thats okay then
Re: Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story by monshege: 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2007
exactly
Re: Going To Church In England And The Nigerian Story by hannydarl(f): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2007
@ bamidele

LOL when you stood up in the story i thought you wanted to give a testimony about how God also saved you from some oyinbo mugggers too i was saying oti o this is going to be clash of the titans in my mind.You hanndled the matter well.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Invade Canaanland / The Origin Of The Qu'ran - The Qu'ran Is Not From God ! / I Don't Understand These Atheists!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.