Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari (23064 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Coronavirus: British Airways To Sack 12,000 Employees / Documents Nigeria Airways Retirees Must Take Along For Verification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by ManirBK: 9:53am On Oct 25, 2018
Some former workers of the defunct national carrier, Nigeria Airways, have started getting their payment alerts after the completion of their verification, findings by Daily Trust show yesterday.

Daily Trust’s reporter gathered that those who received their payments between Monday and yesterday were those who were verified last week.

The Presidential Initiative on Continuous Audit (PICA), a department in the Ministry of Finance, carried out the verification of the former Airways workers ahead of the disbursement of N22.5 billion approved by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The amount is the 50 per cent of N45 billion being the total approved pension for the affected workers numbering about 6,000.

The verification took place in Lagos, Kano and Enugu.
There were some hitches and delays in the verification exercise with the affected workers decrying the slow pace of the exercise.

But Minister of Finance Zaynab Ahmed, whose representatives visited some centres last week, assured that government had approved the process and that those verified would start receiving alerts this week.

And in line with her assurance, the beneficiaries have started smiling to the banks after receiving alerts in millions of naira, our reporter learnt from some of the pensioners.

One of the retirees, Mr. Chris Owamagbe, who spoke to newsmen at the venue of the verification in Lagos said some of his former colleagues in the airline received payment alerts on Tuesday night.

He said: “I can confirm to you that some of our colleagues have started receiving alerts. One of my friends among the admin staff of the airline, called me this morning (Wednesday) to inform me that he had received payment alert.

“I believe once I am through with the processes, I will receive my own alert within few days. We are all anxious to receive the payments. We worked for it, but unfortunately someone used his political fiat to liquidate the airline. That singular decision pushed us to where we are today. But, I want to appreciate President Buhari for what he has done.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ex-airways-workers-get-payment-alerts-laud-buhari.html?

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by ManirBK: 9:54am On Oct 25, 2018
Haters can say anything u wish but one thing i know for sure is, even when election is approaching goodness is goodness. And its not written anywhere that advancement of election stops any project from taking place.
However, its 4+4 for baba.
Thank you

144 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by ManirBK: 9:54am On Oct 25, 2018
Wailers will still find way to criticise this effort. God punishes you all

82 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 25, 2018
many are mad but few are roaming d street,na only u post and comment

5 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by chomchom1(f): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2018
ManirBK:
Haters can say anything u wish but one thing i know for sure is, even when election is approaching goodness is goodness. And its not written anywhere that advancement of election stops any project from taking place.
However, its 4+4 for baba.
Thank you

May ua life be like Nigeria under buhari regime cool

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by david22uu(m): 11:36am On Oct 25, 2018
I trust african Government.. If he wanted to pay them why not immediately he resumed, it when its three month to election, the ssame thing aregbesola did in Osun state. APC government and Propaganda... they cant just change

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by vickylincon(m): 11:36am On Oct 25, 2018
Good. Thumbs up to this government. Even if you don't agree on some policies of this govt, when you see a right one, try to applaud them... Not criticizing Everytime. It does not matter if election is approaching or not, the most important thing is that they've done the right thing and put smile on some faces. I am sure we'll definitely get there one day. Nigeria is gonna be great. If you are reading this and you are a public servant, make excellence your watchword. Peace

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by Ayoswit(f): 11:36am On Oct 25, 2018
This is no doubt commendable. But I'm still OBIdiently ATIKUlating grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by Sunofgod(m): 11:36am On Oct 25, 2018
Proof or...
Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by flames01: 11:36am On Oct 25, 2018
It took buhari few months to election to pay them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by pauljumbo: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2018
give them good environment with electricity good hospita and security it’s better than this stipends to get old people votes
Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by klax(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2018
Story for the gods.
Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by Groovenaija360(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2018
2019 tactics

Very laughable
Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by rusher14: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2018
chomchom1:

Please add my life so I can say Amen.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by waleadex(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2018
More of this PMB...PMB is far better than other presidential aspirants/candidates when it comes to personality. But the problem with him is that he's insensitive to needs of the command man.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by Doilooklikeicare(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2018
congrats...better invest it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by pawesome(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2018
ManirBK:
Wailers will still find way to criticise this effort. God punishes you all
and punish you too

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by ihatecorruption: 11:38am On Oct 25, 2018
Sai baba

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by point5: 11:39am On Oct 25, 2018
U see that post and comment above...guy the thing weak me ooo
Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by HORLARWISE(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2018
good

1 Like

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by israelmao(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2018
This is the right time to agitate and get what it yours.It is electioneering year.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 25, 2018
chomchom1:

Please put your blind hatred behind you, would you prefer to have died from civil war when people rise against GEJ because his cronies had stolen Nigeria dry ? Give yourself brain abeg.

Back to the topic, cheers to the suffering pensioners.

But who took the first N45 billion? your picture is on nairaland, one day the spell you are using and your occultic influence will wane or Buhari will leave government and then you will be prosecuted by the anti-graft agencies, all of you.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 25, 2018
This is something Atiku can never do.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by rusher14: 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
pauljumbo:
give them good environment with electricity good hospita and security it’s better than this stipends to get old people votes
Which nation with uninterrupted power supply neglects the pensions of its workers?

Some dolts want us to blame this government for not being able to provide 24 hours electricity to all citizens though they've only been in power for just above 3 years. At the same time, clamouring for those who were unable to do so for 16 years.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by Joyrise: 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
david22uu:
I trust african Government.. If he wanted to pay them why not immediately he resumed, it when its three month to election, the ssame thing aregbesola did in Osun state. APC government and Propaganda... they cant just change

You are truely the definition of "Oloriburuku". Why didnt your PDP paid them all tgrough their 16yrs. May your sweat be swept under rug.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by crisycent: 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
Don’t let this lying government fool you. They are being paid part of their entitlement. Do your research from anyone that has been paid.
Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by amnesty7: 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
They have deserted the thread instead of rejoicing with the beneficiaries and giving credit to whom it is due.
Singns of an incurable hater: when he sees any good in you, he conceals; when he sees something bad, he broadcasts; when he sees no bad, he forges one.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by gen2briz(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
Sai Baba

In PDP's voice

We'll repay the money when we enter in 2019

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by ihatecorruption: 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
Groovenaija360:
2019 tactics

Very laughable

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari by Glink2018(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
Another campaign points for the zombie to munch on.

Sai buhahahahari

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians / Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please / Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.