Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,358 members, 7,853,595 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:46 PM

7 Things Every Fresh Student Must Know In Order To Succeed. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Things Every Fresh Student Must Know In Order To Succeed. (283 Views)

5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful / Hostel Or Off Campus? A Must Read For Every Unizik Fresh Student / 5 Ways You Can Avoid Carryovers As A Fresh Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things Every Fresh Student Must Know In Order To Succeed. by Campusbuzz65(m): 11:27am On Oct 25, 2018
First and foremost, I’ll start by congratulating you on your admission into a higher institution of learning! This feat ushers a new part of your life set for greatness. That said, I have to be truthful to you about higher institutions of learning in Nigeria, because you are apparently new to the game.

While higher institutions of learning are primarily meant to educate and properly expose you to your chosen field, it requires factual knowledge of how to go about your activities on campus.

During your study you are definitely going to meet so many people from different backgrounds, with varying behavioural patterns, and with different goals which may or may not align with yours. Do you know the reason for this?

It is so in order for you to harness the different people in school with different goals so as to achieve your own goals.
What I’m saying in effect is that higher institution has the capacity of bringing your dreams to reality or destroying them. Everything depends on the path you tread.

However, I want the best for you as a fresh student and that is exactly why I have taken the time to write you this article on the 7 things every fresh student must know in order to succeed. I would advise you use it as a guide to make out what works for you in school.

All the things in this article are borne out of my personal experience and out of the need to share them with you. They are as follow:

Friends are a factor for your success
I’m only talking about good and reliable friends here. You need to become friends with people of like minds, people who will keep it real with you anytime, any day. You need people who share the same goals with you; you want to leave school with a first class, or second class upper or lower? Then start associating yourself with other people who want this same goal of yours.

This rule goes to everything you want to do in school – whether it’s business, sport, modelling and others – you have to move with people who want the same thing you want.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t have other friends at all. All I’m saying is that you should have friends who directly or indirectly push you to your goals.

Continue reading here https://campusbuzz.com.ng/7-things-every-fresh-student-must-know-in-order-to-succeed/

(1) (Reply)

*ASUU - LASU Exco And Their Purposeful Fake News / Excellence Scholarship Worth Over 20million Apply Now / The Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Hnd Full Time List Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.