Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful (17450 Views)

Ten Things Every Nigerian Jambite Must Know Before Entering The University / At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? / 10 Things Every Nigerian Student Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by August21(m): 8:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Many students go through School never able to ace their courses not because they do not have the ability but because they do not apply certain principles that successful people have used over time.

It is every student’s desire to become successful and sure everyone can become successful only if certain principles are applied at the right time especially when we make such things a part of our daily life from very early stage in life.

1. Prioritize your study time

The first step to becoming a successful student is to develop a study time and keep to it. A lot of times people design study time schedules and end up not being disciplined enough to keep to what they have scheduled.

If you must excel, you must recognize that you cannot afford not to be organized.

MUST READ: HOW TO OVERCOME EXAM FEAR

Learning how to manage the amount of time you spend with friends, relatives and indeed family is important if you must do well as a student.

By all means always ensure that you never neglect the time you have allocated to your studies. Doing otherwise can lead to failure and regret.

2. Time Management

As a student, you must not be like other people who believe in “African time.”

When a class is meant for 8am, be there by 8am.

You must also try to keep to your time-table which dictates what you are to read and study on a daily basis.

The truth is, successful people learn to use their time productively. This may mean that you need to wake up earlier than your colleagues or sleep later than everyone else.

Determine what works best for you. That way you are able to better stick with your plans.

3. Do not spend much time on social media.

People who spend too much time focusing on social media may not be able to fully concentrate on their studies.

Social media has its benefits but the negatives far outweighs the positives.

Spending too much time on social media may lead to social media addiction.

You may need to come to terms with the fact that at this time in your life, your priority should be on how you can ace your courses and not on social media.

4. Choose your friends wisely

“Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are. How many times have you heard this saying? It is as true as the holy book.

The right friends can have a life changing impact on any individual and if we flip the coin, the wrong friends can also have a life-changing (negative of course) impact on any individual.

It is at this particular stage in life that you must choose your friends with a lot of caution and care.

READ ALSO: IS TEACHING AND LEARNING WITH TECHNOLOGY “IMPACTFUL”?

Look out for people who are better than you. Yea. It always works. Their habits can help in motivating you to also study whenever you are around them.

5. HAVE A GOAL OR TARGET

What are your goals? Do they motivate you enough to swallow your everyday distractions?

Are you that student who believes, “what will be, will be”.

I kept this for last because I want this to serve as a wake-up call.

If you don’t have a goal, do not expect your body to push you to success on its own.

To be successful, you must have a goal, then develop a strategy and tactics for achieving that goal.

Only by doing these can you be successful.

Source: https://edufirst.ng/blog/5-things-every-student-must-do-to-be-successful/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by kerzhim(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
I bet if they can abide to the number 3.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Flier: 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
grin
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
6. Learn to masturbate before going to the exam hall.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by tommykiwi(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
K
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
@OP, what can you say about fellowshipping on campus?

What effects does it have on academic life? Good or bad?
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by nephemmy(m): 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
6. bribe ur .......fill it in.. if u know u know..just saying though
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by realwiz1(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
Nice peace
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2019
Cioccolata:

Seconded. I always feel like having sex when I read too much . I'll just play with my teddy bear or pillow ,kiss and cuddle them. It makes me sharper and less burdened.
I'm sure I can be like Einstein if I have a pretty lady by my side whenever I want to study. I've always fantasized about sex while reading, like I'm on a chair and she rides me, while I enjoy that sensual pleasure and mental development concurrently.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Topmaike007(m): 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
This number 3 na problem oo
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by iCauseTrouble: 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
Stay away from girls. That should be number one @OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by tosyne2much(m): 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2019
Number 3 though

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by PhenomenalAustin: 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2019
angry
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Bigmikedagod(m): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2019
Freehuman:

Seconded. I always feel like having sex when I read too much . I'll just play with my teddy bear or pillow ,kiss and cuddle them. It makes me sharper and less burdened.
I'm sure I can be like Einstein if I have a pretty lady by my side whenever I want to study. I've always fantasized about sex while reading, like I'm on a chair and she rides me, while I enjoy that sensual pleasure and mental development concurrently.
genius
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by seanwilliam(m): 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
Cioccolata:
sounds stupid but it is on point
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Bigmikedagod(m): 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
u can do all these and still fail if u dont settle ur lecturer
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by eazylion001: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2019
Settle ur lecturer and know the right people. Save ur self all these stress if you're schooling in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by eazylion001: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2019
Freehuman:

S*x b4 exam reduces tension and increase focus
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
eazylion001:

S*x b4 exam reduces tension and increase focus

Yeah. There's an adrenaline and testosterone rush when you know the answers to all the questions and you are a contender for the best student in your class and while you spent time answering some questions extraordinarily ,your invigilator announces 30 minutes more.

It happened to me ,for the last 20 minutes I was writing with unimaginable speed and I didn't know when I started rubbing my stuff only to discover semen had escaped. It was very embarrassing. Still a virgin though.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by rinzaugustine: 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
August21:
Many students go through School never able to ace their courses not because they do not have the ability but because they do not apply certain principles that successful people have used over time.

It is every student’s desire to become successful and sure everyone can become successful only if certain principles are applied at the right time especially when we make such things a part of our daily life from very early stage in life.

1. Prioritize your study time

The first step to becoming a successful student is to develop a study time and keep to it. A lot of times people design study time schedules and end up not being disciplined enough to keep to what they have scheduled.

If you must excel, you must recognize that you cannot afford not to be organized.

MUST READ: HOW TO OVERCOME EXAM FEAR

Learning how to manage the amount of time you spend with friends, relatives and indeed family is important if you must do well as a student.

By all means always ensure that you never neglect the time you have allocated to your studies. Doing otherwise can lead to failure and regret.

2. Time Management

As a student, you must not be like other people who believe in “African time.”

When a class is meant for 8am, be there by 8am.

You must also try to keep to your time-table which dictates what you are to read and study on a daily basis.

The truth is, successful people learn to use their time productively. This may mean that you need to wake up earlier than your colleagues or sleep later than everyone else.

Determine what works best for you. That way you are able to better stick with your plans.

3. Do not spend much time on social media.

People who spend too much time focusing on social media may not be able to fully concentrate on their studies.

Social media has its benefits but the negatives far outweighs the positives.

Spending too much time on social media may lead to social media addiction.

You may need to come to terms with the fact that at this time in your life, your priority should be on how you can ace your courses and not on social media.

4. Choose your friends wisely

“Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are. How many times have you heard this saying? It is as true as the holy book.

The right friends can have a life changing impact on any individual and if we flip the coin, the wrong friends can also have a life-changing (negative of course) impact on any individual.

It is at this particular stage in life that you must choose your friends with a lot of caution and care.

READ ALSO: IS TEACHING AND LEARNING WITH TECHNOLOGY “IMPACTFUL”?

Look out for people who are better than you. Yea. It always works. Their habits can help in motivating you to also study whenever you are around them.

5. HAVE A GOAL OR TARGET

What are your goals? Do they motivate you enough to swallow your everyday distractions?

Are you that student who believes, “what will be, will be”.

I kept this for last because I want this to serve as a wake-up call.

If you don’t have a goal, do not expect your body to push you to success on its own.

To be successful, you must have a goal, then develop a strategy and tactics for achieving that goal.

Only by doing these can you be successful.

Source: https://edufirst.ng/blog/5-things-every-student-must-do-to-be-successful/
You will never see the youths in educative threads like but they will be all over the threads on politics,Regina Daniels etc
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by jogsman01(m): 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2019
6. Go into politics.
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Lamasta(m): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
3 is very very important except it is abused abi how do you want them to be updated about currency happenings
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by united442(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
thanks alot..
my only problem is no. 3
i will work on reducing it..though its important for me.
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by united442(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
Cioccolata:

lieessss..! it weakens your memory, your ability assimilate your studies, recall what you study and make you less creative..

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by united442(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
Freehuman:

is either what you are studying at that moment is boring or you are that unserious type..

i knat be having exam the next day and be thinking of soapy while studyinggrin
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by flames007(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
Cioccolata:
why?
Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
if you know u only read comments based on how many like they have , let gather here ;

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful by Prettychichi21(f): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2019
After studying each course, try to look it up on Google. Reading what you've read before helps you remember better and even gives you more information. My one cent .

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinaza Nwozuzu: Gov Uzodimma Gives Scholarship To Girl Who Scored 9As in SSCE / PICS:See Why UNILORIN Is Far 'better By Far' / 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.