Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,120 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride (21326 Views)

The Itakpe-Warri Railway Buhari Named After Goodluck Jonathan In Pictures / Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) / Itakpe Warri Rail: Test Run Of Trains Commence At Agbor - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Blue3k(m): 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
Mr Fidet Okhiria, the Managing Director, Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has said that the corporation would begin free train ride service from Itakpe to Warri.

Okhiria said on Thursday while inspecting the ongoing construction of train terminal at Ujevwu community in Delta, that the free ride will be for one month.

According to him, the 202 kilometres train journey will connect many communities and improve social and economic life of the people.

“NRC will start free train ride along Agbhor-Itakpe corridor for a month to test run the service.

“Government wants to provide good service so that goods and services can be affordable for the communities.

“We are not going to limit ourselves to passengers alone or to township service but also transport goods and services,” he said.

The managing director said that the rail service would complement road transport to enhance movement of goods and services in the state.

Okhiria said that seven new coaches train will transport over 400 passengers on a trip from Itakpe to Warri on daily basis.

He advised the residents to make proper use of the opportunity to enhance their social and economic life.

The managing director said youths in the communities would also be employed to maintain the tracks and in other services.

Mr Alfred Ketekpe, the Secretary Ujevwu Community in Warri, thanked the NRC for the gesture and urged the corporation to provide walk access road to the train terminal.

The Secretary also said that the communities were facing the challenges of power outage urging NRC to come to their aid.

He begged the corporation to carry the youths in the communities along in the recruitment process to curb high rate of unemployment.

“We need light in these our communities, because no light, no school and we also need job for our youths,” he said.

The Itakpe-Warri train service would serve over 1,000 passengers daily on its test run service for one month.

Source: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/10/26/itakpe-warri-nigerian-railway-to-commence-one-month-free-train-ride/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by seunmsg(m): 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
Another abandoned project completed and delivered by PMB. By tomorrow, Olongbojiyan will issue another statement claiming Jonathan and PDP initiated, paid for and completed the project but forgot to make it work before hand over. Kudos to PMB jare.

149 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Blue3k(m): 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
Interesting this free month ride might be precedent for newly opened rail lines. This rail line will probably be the most profitable since they're moving goods and passengers. Hopefully they start soon.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by sarrki(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
God bless you Muhammadu Buhari

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by chibike69: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
grin
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by qanda: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by JasonScoolari: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
Zombies above me already masturbating.

6 Likes

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Dacronym(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
Interesting Stuff

I sell Customised Jerseys
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
Too little too late.

If you like relocate the capital of Nigeria to Port Harcourt.

We SS will vote you out!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by RockHard: 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
seunmsg:
Another abandoned project completed and delivered by PMB. By tomorrow, Olongbojiyan will issue another statement claiming Jonathan and PDP initiated, paid for and completed the project but forgot to make it work before hand over. Kudos to PMB jare.

Buhari keeps hitting his detractors where it hurts with this increasing number of completed projects. lipsrsealed

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by RanayP(m): 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
One month
Lol

1 Like

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Onlinealaba(m): 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
is a welcome development tho, big ups to the govt for this

.check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option.
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Olukat(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
seunmsg:

sad It's obvious zombies have a different meaning to "abandon"
I wish PMB could initiate any project the way GEJ did during his administration.
Itakpe/Warri line is an industrial line already concluded to a standard gauge rail system.
Running around Nigeria looking for tapes to cut won't add value to this confused administration. shocked

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Blue3k(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
seunmsg:

Enemies of progress are avoiding your thread. They don't like to read anything about Nigeria.

Lol at least Lala brought it to everyones attention.

4 Likes

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by rusher14: 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
They would claim PDP paid for it 16 years ago.

Even the PDP Secretariat has been fully paid for.

They are just waiting for Buhari to cut the tape.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by olujastro: 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2018
Kudos to Amaechi. This rail line links the Ajaokuta steel plant currently being worked on to Warri port, with plans to extend passenger service to Abuja.

If you ask some people why they want to vote this govt out, they cite economic hardship and lack of money in their pockets.
Apparently, PDP's 16yrs of "share the money" has ruined the mentality of Nigerians as to how an economy actually works.
They looted the treasury, spent the loots lavishly and this spending somehow trickled down to the ordinary man on the streets. And because money was circulating, Nigerians say the economy is good and they prefer corruption era to integrity. *smh*

How an economy actually works is...the govt builds critical infrastructure and investors come in to set up companies/businesses that employ Nigerians. All the developed countries we're running to had to go through this phase to become economic giants.

Money isn't circulating unlike before because there is no looted funds flying around. No more free money. Instead, it's going to fixing our infrastructure for the future.
Your parents were not rich but were only giving you proceeds of corruption.
Lazy youths should go and work for money!

I see a great Nigeria in less than a decade if we continue on this track.
4+4 = More infrastructural developments.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by wickyyolo: 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2018
This is a Chinese project, and it has not even started.

If you think they have started tell them to show you pictures.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2018
Funnicator:
Too little too late.

If you like relocate the capital of Nigeria to Port Harcourt.

We SS will vote you out!

speak for yourself man.. I'm from Edo state. and as for me and my family its PMB till 2023.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by agboaustine: 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2018
have Buhari excuite any project since be came president his life
i know we nigeria will push him out 2019
by the power of God must go dura by almeaens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by PassingShot(m): 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
[s]
agboaustine:
have Buhari excuite any project since be came president his life
i know we nigeria will push him out 2019
by the power of God must go dura by almeaens
[/s]
Atikulooted brain

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by joshnnanna: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
#BacktoDauraProject2019 a reality....

Free transportation won't stop it..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by cooldipo(m): 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Distance won't let me enjoy such a ride sadly!

5 Likes

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Beetobee(f): 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
RockHard:

Buhari keeps hitting his detractors where it hurts with this increasing number of completed projects. lipsrsealed

Even if the truth was right on their noses, they wouldn't smell it!

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
Galadimat:

speak for yourself man.. I'm from Edo state. and as for me and my family its PMB till 2023.

You and your family bawao.

SS is locked down for Atiku! Who considers Edo true Niger Deltans.

The creeks of Bayelsa, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Calabar are all for Atiku and are PDP states.

Go and join your fellow Yoruba people in South West. Bini descended from Yoruba so go give Buhari your allegiance. Afterward he'll send fulani herdsmen to your communities to rape your women folk .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Sharpsword: 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
We will keep hitting them with projects till they start to confess.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Mcreloaded(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
Nice one just that water don pass garri

1 Like

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Odobaone: 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
Great Job. Aside politics, humanity will for once breeth in good air and relief

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Travelling To Israel: / Container Falls Off Its Truck At Warf Road Apapa (Photos) / Peace Mass Transit Guide On Seat Numbering And Sitting In Their Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.