Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

HiTV Website And Services - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Website And Services (18086 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Website And Services by duduspace(m): 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2007
tboy81:

I also noticed that DSTV Shuffle Channel too.

Cool, nice to know there are other channel snoops like me

tboy81:

Well, if all they offer us on the satellite package is 15 channels while those on the terrestial cable get 20+ channels, then that will unfair because' it's the same subscription fee we pay and even the setup cost is the same.

You have a good point there and they should find a way to even things between both offerings soon but there is a major difference in the TCO of both platforms:

1. They don't pay a leasing fee for their hypercable system since the system belongs to them once they deploy it hence they can get a good ROI over the life time of the system not counting the fact that it has much more bandwidth available with the capacity to deliver over 400 channels without any additional payment or use the spare capacity for internet and other multimedia services

tboy81:

Also some of the information on their website are outdated. Under their FAQs, they still say the service is only available in Lagos presently, CNN is still listed amongst their list of channels.

Their webmaster obviously does not know his onions maybe we should recommend our dear Seun to Mr. Subair?

tboy81:

If they'll be that disparity in the number of channels, then those on the satellite package should be pay a lesser subscription rate.

I'll join you on that aluta anyday, I got your back on this one but consider what I wrote earlier before we set out on that course of action.

tboy81:

BTW, this hisports channel that has been showing 'scrambled' for weeks now, does that mean that those on the satellite package were not able to watch matches on that channel over the weekend when they were showing 3 simulataneous matches? (e.g Boro vs Sunderland & Bolton vs Tottenham)

You are very right o, couldn't watch the match but I didn't need to I was busy screaming Adebayoooor and Fabreeegas so I didn't miss anything.

tboy81:

I just hope they'll not put any Manchester United /Arsenal/Chelsea Match on that channel pending when they sort things out.

Amen, Ameen and another Ameeeen to that I'm very sure they won't since Mr. Subair won't want to become public enemy number one.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by tboy81(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2007
These guys really need to improve on their service delivery o!

Imagine not been able to watch any of today's 4PM matches live!!!! angry angry

ALL their "hi" channels were down and i just had to be following the scores on SkyNews undecided angry angry
Re: HiTV Website And Services by medube(m): 11:43am On Dec 16, 2007
Hi all,

Is it me or are HiTV having a problem today of all days when there are big premiership matches? I got up today and ever since then, I have been getting "NO ACCESS." ANyone else expriencing this?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by TheOne2(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2007
It's not only u o. I've been rescanning my decoder since to no avail
Re: HiTV Website And Services by medube(m): 1:56pm On Dec 16, 2007
So these morons didnt find only today to get their stupidity working? I hope they come to their senses before the match.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by tboy81(m): 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ Medube & The One:

So were you able to watch the matches live yesterday?

I'm on the satellite package and i was able to watch the match sha.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by medube(m): 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2007
tboy81:

@ Medube & The One:

So were you able to watch the matches live yesterday?

I'm on the satellite package and i was able to watch the match sha.

Well I was able to watch the match from the last 10 minutes in the 1st half. You are not the only one who has the satellite package and was watching the matches. I know of a guy who had 2 decoders, one with 3 months access working and the second with 6 months which was not working, so I believe they had a problem with people who had 6 months and 1 year access, but they apologized and said problem was from Eutelsat.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Gamine(f): 9:46am On Jul 01, 2008
So, will you advice anyone to get HiTV
Re: HiTV Website And Services by medube(m): 9:53am On Jul 01, 2008
Well, I know I won't. I paid for the decoder when they had a package with 1 year sub, which was to expire in August, unfortunately I have not had anything in the last 2 months and honestly can't be bothered with this sh@?t any longer. I would advise if you have an address in Ghana (which is required for activation), to get GTV from there and bring it here, they are far more organised.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Gamine(f): 10:28am On Jul 01, 2008
So basically they need to get more organised.

But they are new, isnt there allowance for growth,
Re: HiTV Website And Services by urfriend(m): 10:51am On Jul 01, 2008
hi Gamine,thank you.the problem with most nigerians is that they alway want everything,now now.hitv is till a young company.let's not forget that the pay tv business is a long term investment,dstv is jusy 14years in nigeria,but yet they are till not perfect.they[dstv]had monopoly for many many things in africa,but now they are little by little opening up.you shall see a new changed hitv soon, [b4 december].just keep your eyes and ears open].
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Gamine(f): 11:02am On Jul 01, 2008
Sir, I understand, but right now my Dstv subscription is up for payment
i can either pay for more months or get HiTV.

But give me concrete reasons why i should get HiTV
Re: HiTV Website And Services by urfriend(m): 11:44am On Jul 01, 2008
hi,hitv has started adding more channels.the activation process has improved and will be even beta b4 august.
more great contents are coming by august.a tv mag/guide will be in hitv sub. homes by august.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Gamine(f): 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2008
I see.

Can you explain the ease of use
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2008
Gamine:

Sir, I understand, but right now my Dstv subscription is up for payment
i can either pay for more months or get HiTV.

But give me concrete reasons why i should get HiTV

Hi dear, i think u should stick with HITV cos they are proudly Nigerian! Although, u will view scrambled channels more than u view pictures, u'll also lose atleast two weeks subscription money due to no signal every month. Please Subscribe to HiThieVes cos they are the best. God help u!
Re: HiTV Website And Services by urfriend(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2008
hi pls anytime u have signal problem never blame it on hitv.u beta call ur intaller to re-set ur dish and let's stop putting every little thing on hitv
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ahwuyen(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2008
Hi i had not experienced any signal problem since i went for HITV. i think urfriend is right. the only thing is the issue of contents
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2008
urfriend:

hi please anytime u have signal problem never blame it on hitv.u beta call your intaller to re-set your dish and let's stop putting every little thing on hitv

My guy Urfriend, i know the difference btw a signal prblem and hitv exploitation so dont give me that crap that i should get my installer. When u guys exploited us during the Ikeja Transpoder failure, was the installer that caused it. U just trying to defend the wrongs of hitv, instead of admitting ur lapses.

ahwuyen:

Hi i had not experienced any signal problem since i went for HITV. i think urfriend is right. the only thing is the issue of contents

I dont think u use hitv except ofcourse u r anoda selfish insider. Only the person who doesnt use hitv thinks they r cool.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Gamine(f): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2008
I have already payed for my DSTV subscription

so no HiTV for now.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by urfriend(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2008
hi,u always think every that supports hitv is a staff/insider.we are talking of satellite signal not cable.am not saying hitv don't have it's wrongs,but when they do good things we should also commend them.all i can say is that more more good things are coming all hitv subscribers way.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by urfriend(m): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2008
hi Gamine,good for u.that is the beauty of competition[freedom to choose].
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Mustay(m): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2008
urfriend:

that is the beauty of competition[b][freedom to choose][/b].

true.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by delvinmaya(m): 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2008
really i know dat some of u feel cheated and are rightly justified,u shuold realise dat the much talked about DSTV have been in nigeria for d past 14 years ,now dat is somthing which HITV cannot beat, the experience but we have to give them time.and our friend u know dat complaints about HITV is just too rampant, get the management to address the problems at hand and dont think u can just hold nigerians hostage to the league matches, this field belongs 2 u if u are willing to capture it
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2008
@urfriend, kindly remind me of some of the good things hitv has done apart from entering into the market? Is is good thing that we pay 4k monthly just to watch football (Wat of peeps that hates football), ?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Raahym(m): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2008
@ All,

Its good to be back on the thread. HITV has quite a lot in its kitty as a proudly Nigerian organization we have first the interest of Nigerians at heart and therefore has set out to give Nigerians the value for there hard earned 4k. However we would implore Nigerians to exercise patience and keep there fingers crossed we are yet to EXPLODE!.

Ondo guy find herewith some details about where you can get HITV Installed for you.

Q. Hipps Entertainment Location & State Akure (ONDO)
Contact Address:

26A First Floor Yafrato House Opp GNI House Alagbaka Akure 08058520921, 08082429116, 08058287230
Name: Amazing Gate Telecommunication Location & State Okitipupa (ONDO)
Contact Address:

39 Halubi Street Okitipupa Ondo State 08035101170, 08058298203, 08056061520

Post all yoru questions directly to moi and shall be dealt with accordingly peeps.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by niyi09(m): 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2008
THANK GOD U ARE BACK RAAHYM,WE HEARD FROM "URFRIEND" THAT U WERE BUSY WITH SOME IT STUFFS WITH HITV,I HOPE IT WENT WELL.SO TELL US D NEW NEWS ON HITV,any new channel soon
Re: HiTV Website And Services by niteduff(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2008
RAAHYM, tanks 4 d info man,i wuld rily love to get my own decoder and subscribe 2 u guys but wat assurance do i get dat i wud be getting quality service from the company? from wat guys r saying on dis thread it seems like a suicide mission if i get my decoder and am subscrbing 2 u guys,wat hope is dere 4 d future?wat hope is dere dat u guys will change? if i throw out a ? to the guys on this thread 2 advice me on wat 2 do,i bet u already know dere reply. but i will get mine nevertheless, u guys should try to improve
Re: HiTV Website And Services by robincato: 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2008
i am a friend to sope maurice and i know where u can get him. infact i was with him few days ago b4 i travelled back to germany anyway try contact me if u need his number. i guess u are medube looking 4 sope
Re: HiTV Website And Services by urfriend(m): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2008
HiTV gets new subscriber management system

Entertainment Highway Limited (EHL) the parent company of HiTV Limited, Nigeria's first indigenous digital Pay TV operator has sealed a partnership deal with MQSubscribe(tm); a Convergent Customer Management & Billing (CMB) solution from MagnaQuest, for its Direct to Home (DTH) Operations spread across Nigeria. The deal was signed in Hyderabad, India.

The acquisition of the new subscriber management system will eliminate the cumbersome procedure where it was hitherto difficult to connect subscribers upon payment of subscription fees. The new process would ensure smooth and seamless administration of subscribers' accounts. This development is in line with EHL's resolve to continue to address the concerns of its teeming subscribers.

Mr. Rajiv Debbad, VP, Sales and Marketing, MagnaQuest Technologies said the signing of the deal has opened a new business chapter between Nigeria and India. ''We are delighted to have Entertainment Highway Limited on our list of customers from the African region. We are confident of leveraging our extensive local knowledge and domain expertise gained from similar DTH implementations worldwide to provide EHL a truly world-class solution.''

In his response, Mr. Toyin Subair, CEO, EHL and Managing Director of HiTV said the company is poised to provide broad based entertainment package to Nigerians and promised that the company will not relent in its determination to continuously update its facilities to meet international standards.

''As part of our commitment to providing leading-edge services to our customers in Nigeria, we chose MQSubscribe to manage our Subscriber Management, Billing, Dealer Entity Management, CRM and Logistics aspects of our business. We look forward to a long association with MagnaQuest.'' Subair added.

Entertainment Highway Limited is a multi-channel digital satellite TV service in Nigeria, launched in 2007. The company has been granted a national satellite broadcasting license in Nigeria
Re: HiTV Website And Services by urfriend(m): 11:25am On Jul 29, 2008
hi fixtres for 16th and 17th august for the epl on hitv,

16 Aug, 12:45 Arsenal v West Bromwich -hi soccer

16 Aug, 15:00 Bolton Wanderers v Stoke City -5pm [delayed]

16 Aug, 15:00 Everton v Blackburn Rovers -hi soccer

16 Aug, 15:00 Hull City v Fulham -5pm [delayed]

16 Aug, 15:00 Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur -hi sports

16 Aug, 15:00 West Ham v Wigan Athletic -hi sports 2

16 Aug, 17:30 Sunderland v Liverpool -hi soccer

Sunday August 17

17 Aug, 16:00 Manchester United v Newcastle United -hi soccer

caf champions league fixtures,[2nd and 3rd august]

tp mezembe vs el hial-hi soccer 2pm[sat]
asec vs al haly-hi soccer 4.30pm[sat]

enyimba vs coton sport-hi soccer 4pm[sun]
zamalek vs dynamos fc-hi soccer 7pm[sun]
Re: HiTV Website And Services by senga: 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hi Raahym

A long time no hear, you mention that "HITV has quite a lot in its kitty" can you answer the question that urfriend keeps evading, how is HiTV going to amortise $200 million spent on football in three years? That's 185,000 subscribers per month just to pay outgoing football rights, no profit.

You claim you are fighting against exclusivity for Nigeria, surely HiTV now has that with the Champions League?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by urfriend(m): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2008
hi senga,pls stop giving false amounts.were are ur facts that hitv spent over 200million on football in the last three years.if hitv spent the amount u calm then they would have all major sporting events apart from football.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dstv Expands Content Offering With Three More NTA Channel / Download The Hobbit The Battle Of The Five Armies (2014) Bluray 720p Free / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Television Commercials?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.