Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

HiTV Website And Services - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Website And Services (18063 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2007
LOL

Dt kain thing is so annoying n DSTV being d theives dey r dnt care.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 7:40am On Jun 17, 2007
Just installed the Hitv in my house and was surprised to experience the ff hitches”

Foxsport: No showing 24hrs
Nigezie No showing 24hrs
Himix No showing 24hrs
Hinolly No showing 24hrs
HiLife No showing 24hrs
HiOvation: Has never shown
Hi Biz Has never shown
LBC Has never shown
ART: Has never shown
Nicoladion: Not amongst the channel list despite included in their posters

Can somebody confirm if u r having the same probs.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 7:42am On Jun 17, 2007
Oh yeah

Dem jst dey start make dem perform well na
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 8:02am On Jun 17, 2007
, so dem wan use my money setup, dem suppose try harder oooooo
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 8:09am On Jun 17, 2007
lol

dem go improve
Re: HiTV Website And Services by twinstaiye(m): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2007
The HiTV website address is www.hitv.com.ng, the former address of www.hientertainment.tv is abandoned I think, the new web site address is alive now. go check it.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 14, 2007
ayusman16:

Just installed the Hitv in my house and was surprised to experience the ff hitches”

Foxsport: No showing 24hrs
Nigezie No showing 24hrs
Himix No showing 24hrs
Hinolly No showing 24hrs
HiLife No showing 24hrs
HiOvation: Has never shown
Hi Biz Has never shown
LBC Has never shown
ART: Has never shown
Nicoladion: Not amongst the channel list despite included in their posters

Can somebody confirm if you're having the same probs.

men u r absolutely correct i have installed Hitv for 2 months and i would say i am mostly dissatisfied

they cant compete with DSTV at this rate

i wish i did not subscribe to them how on earth a satellite tv would not be running 24hrs

with poor services, i cant say if the matches they show r live or outdated, infact why r they not showing the world cup currently on

Hitv indeed, if they r not ready they should not have made up believe that they r ready
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 3:09am On Jul 14, 2007
Dem need to pick up oh
Re: HiTV Website And Services by AGES(m): 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2007
Guys,
We are all in the same boat, but with a difference. HITV has a great deal to offer as I believe and I wish we Nigerians could give them all the support they need to make them serve us better. From all indications their intent is clear by outsmarting the former giant (DSTV) in obtaining the rights to the premeirship (which you will agree does not come cheap!) and offering it to the Nation at almost give away prices (as compared to that of their counterpart).
They deserve to be praised and supported.

Come August, new programming and channels would spring as expected and I'm sure the tune of our songs as regards their services would surely change.

All we have to do is be patient.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 4:11am On Jul 27, 2007
PATIENCE na d key word
Re: HiTV Website And Services by otuwe(f): 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2007
9ja4eva:

PATIENCE na d key word

till wen na

when television goes out of fashion abi grin
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2007
@all
am havin problem with the LBC Europe channel, it's always not showing (scrappy), any one having the same problem or the problem is my own alone?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2007
is it only LBC u are having probs with? Called them and they promised the stations would start showing in August!
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 3:46am On Jul 31, 2007
otuwe:

till when na

when television goes out of fashion abi grin

LOL

Shey dem talk say dem dey do am
Re: HiTV Website And Services by emmasweet(m): 8:22am On Aug 01, 2007
HITV WEBSITE-  www.hitv.com.ng

hitv launches today1st august, all over nigeria.its  a thing of choice-
why hitv?
the following companies, DSTV, AIT, NTA and HITV have been given right to air the controversial premiership. The question is who rules among them? BON and OSMI have bought the right to air 1 match a week therefore the host of AIT and NTA can show 1 match a wk. DSTV has grade B right which permit  them to show 2 out of 10 matches a week . The king of the jungle in this regards is HITV. This new pay tv has right to air 8 matches in a wk. BON and OSMI -NTA, AIT are permitted to air 1 match on every monday while DSTV shows theirs on saturday sunday. HITV shows for both weekdays and weekends.  with spanish and italian league matches.INTRESTED IN HITV CONTACT CABLENET NIG. LTD
call emma- 08052260060
email:cablenet_hitv@mail2tv.com

Re: HiTV Website And Services by coolkaboom(m): 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2007
hmmm, e 4 good to have competition because i quite agree that 10,200 is plenty to part with every month but considering the quality of d content,i'll rather make do with it.HITV talks plenty, i hope they can achieve 40% of all they claim to do because, it takes big balls to take on DSTV.Remember TREND, FSTV and the likes.i personally know so many poor folks who bought their yeye equipment and now,they cant find anybody to dash because they were muscled out of the mkt by the established player.

we need the competition.at least,it's already bringin lower options for people who dont need full DSTV package.HITV should fashi satelite business and probably concentrate on doin teresstrial transmission for now.that way, people will buy into their service without havin to buy any yeye equipment.

i hope they have taken into acct that my nna bros 4 alaba are already schemin on how to pirate their service by circumventin subscription.it's the hard truth but NAIJA loves AWWOOOFFF FIRE CABLE.

whoever their financiers are, i hope they have medical insurance.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
saw dis 4rm their site, can somebody explain their differences, i installed the standard option which doesnt av the hisoccer and hisport2, does dat mean i wont view the premiership, abeg, let somedoy explain ooooo

Currently, Hi TV offers a subscription based pay-TV service. With the purchase of a decoder and dish, customers can enjoy a wide variety of informative and entertaining programs for a low monthly subscription.

In the near future, Hi TV will be offering high speed internet service, pay-per-view services and other value added options.

Cable Package (Standard)

CNN, BBC World, Fox Sports, E! Entertainment, God TV, MTV Base, Fox Sports, Hi Sports, Hi Nolly, Nigezie, Hi Mix, Hi Kids, Hi Life, LTV 8, Dove Vision, Channels News*, Sky News*, Hi Ovation*, Eurosport News*, LBC Europe*, ART Movies 2*, Nickelodeon*

Equipment cost: N25,000

Installation: N5,000

Monthly subscription: N3,000

Total: N33,000

Cable Package (Premium)

CNN, BBC World, Fox Sports, E! Entertainment, God TV, MTV Base, Fox Sports, Hi Sports, Hi Nolly, Nigezie, Hi Mix, Hi Kids, Hi Life, LTV 8, Dove Vision, Hi Soccer*, Hi Sports2*, Channels News*, Sky News*, Hi Ovation*, Eurosport News*, LBC Europe*, ART Movies 2*, Nickelodeon*

Monthly subscription: N4,000

Total: N34,000

Satellite Package (Coming Soon)*

BBC World, E! Entertainment, God TV, MTV Base, Hi Soccer*, Hi Sports, Hi Sports2*, Hi Nolly, Nigezie, Hi Mix, Hi Kids, Hi Life, Sky News*, Eurosport News*, Nickelodeon*

Monthly subscription: N4,000

Total: N34,000
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2007
Good for HITV
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 07, 2007
@all,
am presently using the hypercable which is ok 'cos i live in magodo, so i don't have to raise the pole high, since am close to the ikeja mast. i learnt that the sat. broadcast will be launch soon, do i need to upgrade to sat?. and what are the comparative advantage(s), if any?.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2007
One goood comment
Re: HiTV Website And Services by duduspace(m): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2007
Yes, the signals break up on their satellite platform when it is raining this is actually due to the satellite technology being used (Ku Band) but this seems to be worse with HiTV because the signals break up at night even with no sign of rain. This however does not happen with their hypercable platform.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by segundash(m): 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2007
I just want to know something? I'm subscribed to the Satellite. If the weather does not affect the hyper? dat much, why then should anyone go for the satellite. Sorry for my ignorance, I just need someone to explain the difference between the different platforms and also whats the advantages and disadvantages of one over the other.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Enigma(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2007
[First posted on another thread]

One small observation about satellite picture break-up in cloudy or poor weather:

Whether it is DSTV or MyTV or HiTV, picture break up is not normally because of their own service; rather it is often due to one or more of the following factors:

(a) the dish is not sufficiently properly/optimally aligned --- I think this is the most probable cause of the picture break-ups in Nigeria and I think people should be holding the installers responsible for this; and/or

(b) the dish size is too small ---- I think this is less likely to be the problem; and/or

(c) the cable used to connect from dish to receiver is of poor quality; this is also a possible cause of the problems in Naija.

PS, you can get an idea of how well your dish is aligned by checking the signal quality on your receiver.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2007
@segundash,

If you live close enough to a repeater station, you will be better-off on the hybercable platform, but if not, then the sat. platform will be your only alternative, what that means is that where you live greatly determine the platform that will suit you.

As per advantage(s), i believe that the hypercable has an edge (presently) over the sat. platform, but like i said above, you only have a choice if you live close enough to a repeater station.

I live in Magodo and receives fed from the Alausa repeater station, and i believe it's ok for me.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by duduspace(m): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2007
@segundash,

ilugunboy has said it all, it depends on your location though there are locations where both could be used such as ilugunboy who is within the coverage area of their main or repeater stations, their satellite platform footprint is a spot beam focused on Nigeria so can be used anywhere in Nigeria.
The advantage of the Hypercable platform is the fact that it is not affected by the weather so you have a guaranteed quality of service as opposed to satellite which can be affected by rain (my present experience with HITV since last week however somehow disproves this as I had good service even though it was raining seems they boosted their signals on the satellite platform somewhat though I had also gone ahead to get a larger dish).
The advantage of Satellite is the fact that you can use it anywhere in Nigeria so even if you are within range of a repeater station today, you may move to somewhere not within the station range someday where you might just find the satellite platform indispensable whereas your hypercable platform would have become a very heavy paperweight.

I would recommend the satellite platform over the hypercable for mobility reasons.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by medube(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2007
Well all, I have read all the posts on this thread and I can sadly say I have nothing to write about hiTV only 2 words, "Total Crap"   sad I had so much hopes hearing that we have a new TV station that is "Nigerian Owned" and won rights to 80% of the Premiership Matches. I don't know where to start in my 5 days analysis as a customer because out of the 5 days, I have only watched 1 day 

I got the system on Thursday last week and it was quite easy and fast because it was connectd in-line with my DSTV, so I didn't really need to rig up another dish. In reality, I only got it because of the Premier League as channels wise, they don't even attempt to compete with DSTV.  Like I told someone, DSTV is about the most expensive TV network in Africa, but the damn best Africa has to boast off. Their administration, organisation and operation is second to none that I have heard of in Africa. Back to where I was, so we put on the hiTV and for one, I don't get a lot of the channels advertised on their website. I get 11 channels, SkyNews, Hi Sports, Hi Sports 2, Hi Kids, Hi Ovation (Before it went off this was a none working channel, only has a banner), Hi Life, God TV, BBC News, E!, Hi Nolly and EurosportNews. Clearity of picture and sound was very impressive and didn't have a problem with that. On friday as I returned from work, I switched to hiTV and I had 2 messages that keep changing, "INVALID SMART CARD"and "SCRAMBLED CHANNEL". I called the installer and he asked me to remove the card, clean the chip well and reinsert it, same thing. On friday, after several hundred dials to gt them, I got to the operator, filed my complaint and he said my problem will be solved. On saturday, after another several hundred dials in the evening, I finally got their line and was told my problem was a general one and a problem with the satellite which was going to be rectified before the next day. On Sunday, nothing happened and couldn't be bothered with it. On monday, I got their call line quite faster than the former days, but still hard in normal reality, and the girl on the phone said they had a configuration problem with all the new promo packs they installed recently. When I get home before the end of day, I should remove the smart card, off the decoder for 5 minutes, more of a reboot smiley

Well my peeps, done that nearly 20x now and still as I type this I wonder what the reason will be on DAY 6 of no hiTV. I tried calling these idiots from 4pm and managed to catch the line by 6.15pm and their operators had closed, how frustrating angry

Why must there always be the "N" Factor in everything we do??  undecided
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 8:37am On Sep 11, 2007
Bros u've just written what i was about saying dis morning, we are experiencing the same problem although am an older subsccriber than u (been suffering with them for the past 3months now), Am on the cable option and since Fri morning it's been showing 'no access' or 'scrambled channels'. Funny, when u switch it off for sometime and then put it on u get to see signal and then watch for like 2mins, It's so funny that one couldnt get to their helpline and all their ogas' phones are either switched off or not picking, Those pple are bunch of liars and theives who are ready to rob us in broad day light, Just a simple IVR message on their helpline or website explaining the problem would go a long way in dousing the tension. Initially thot someone was trying to lock me out cos am always dissing them on the internet. Was planning on going to their office with the dish and decoder and slaming it on the nearest oga's head grin, Let me wait and see the theiving plans they have when my subscription expires on the said date, Funny enough, all the pple who promotes them are nowhere to be found, MAKE UNA WARN HITV OOOOOO
Re: HiTV Website And Services by medube(m): 11:14am On Sep 11, 2007
ayusman16:

Bros u've just written what i was about saying this morning, we are experiencing the same problem although am an older subsccriber than u (been suffering with them for the past 3months now), Am on the cable option and since Fri morning it's been showing 'no access' or 'scrambled channels'. Funny, when u switch it off for sometime and then put it on u get to see signal and then watch for like 2mins, It's so funny that one couldnt get to their helpline and all their ogas' phones are either switched off or not picking, Those people are bunch of liars and theives who are ready to rob us in broad day light, Just a simple IVR message on their helpline or website explaining the problem would go a long way in dousing the tension. Initially thot someone was trying to lock me out because am always dissing them on the internet. Was planning on going to their office with the dish and decoder and slaming it on the nearest oga's head grin, Let me wait and see the theiving plans they have when my subscription expires on the said date, Funny enough, all the people who promotes them are nowhere to be found, MAKE UNA WARN HITV OOOOOO

Just a little update, Day 6 hiTV, they say the decoder needs a reconfiguration and problem is not from them. I should get the installer to come and reconfigure my decoder as they are having some similar problems with some decoders expecially on those on the Promo Package. I am waiting for the installer to come, let me see who will get the fire today, hiTV or the installer angry
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2007
@Medube
What is Installer? Am not using a promo option and mine is not working still, dont know if u r using the satellite option cos my neighbor is using one and he' not having any probs with his, Funny av not been able to get thru 2 their helpline since fri,
Re: HiTV Website And Services by medube(m): 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2007
ayusman16:

@Medube
What is Installer? Am not using a promo option and mine is not working still, don't know if you're using the satellite option because my neighbor is using one and he' not having any probs with his, Funny av not been able to get through 2 their helpline since fri,

Installer as in the guy who did the installation. Mine is the satellite and having probs. Yes I agree, they have only 3 numbers and getting any of those 3 lines is as good as not trying at all, unless you have enough battery on your phone and exercised fingers.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by duduspace(m): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2007
@ayusman and medube

The only thing I can say is 'sorry', you do have every reason to be angry (I'm saying this because I'm sure I am one of those ayusman is referring to as promoters of HiTV).

Another thing I would add is that this kinds of problems is not only a Nigerian phenomenon, all early adopters of new services and technology go through this teething periods. My concern is two fold:

1. Is HiTV learning from this experiences?
2. Are there any plans to compensate these early adopters for the inconveniences they are experiencing?

I really hope the answers to my concerns are yes in both instances.

Back to the issue at hand, I am a subscriber on the satellite platform and yes I had the same problems you guys have mentioned on saturday (I couldn't watch on friday cos there was a blackout in my area) but it has stopped since sunday morning.

I think the problem arose due to the transition from a 'preview\testing' period to a full operational period due to some dates I saw in the Conditional Access Settings on my decoder ( there was a preview period running from August 19th to September 6th which was the day these problems started cropping up.)

This is not meant to be an excuse for HiTV but I will still appeal for them to be given some time to perfect things (The old adage that Rome was not built in a day might be some sort of consolation at least, it is for me.)
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ayusman16(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2007
@Duduspace,
My grouse with them is at least they cld just provide an explanation on this and what is the way forward when one can't get thru to their helpline for almost 5days, How did u get urs to be working or did d problem just resolved itself?

@Medube
My installer seems confused himself and many pple he did the installation for are on his neck, Infact, my phone is permanently plugged to light while tryin their helpline, We atleast, an apology from them, and how to resolve d issue dats all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of Baby Twins Dancing Gangnam Style / Warrior Discussion Thread (beware Of Spoilers) / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Television Commercials?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.