Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad (2432 Views)

Some Rare Photos That Reveal The Unseen Side Of Things / 35 Photos That Will Change Your Whole Perception Of The Universe / 10 Shocking Photos That Proves Time Travel Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by Explorers(m): 4:33am On Oct 27, 2018
Technological advances cause some professions to cease to exist, but in the case of drafting technicians, it just made their desks smaller and tidier.

AutoCAD was released in 1982 and by 1994 as many as 750 training centers had been using it worldwide.

https://www.boredpanda.com/vintage-photos-life-before-autocad/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8661731436

Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by Explorers(m): 4:35am On Oct 27, 2018
Before, drafting required pencils, erasers, t-squares, and much more time.

And the photos below really show it. Looking at them, you can almost hear the rustling paper.

Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by Explorers(m): 4:37am On Oct 27, 2018
Now, architectural, electrical and other drafters are mainly clicking their mouse and keyboard.

Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 27, 2018
Explorers:
Now, architectural, electrical and other drafters are mainly clicking their mouse and keyboard.

Well, ain't we glad times have changed grin

What would've taken days to do can be done in an hour with a click of a mouse cool

1 Like

Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by Explorers(m): 4:42am On Oct 27, 2018
Reactions

Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by kunlesufyan(m): 4:49am On Oct 27, 2018
This are the real gurus... Technology is just making life easy..
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by vintino(m): 6:26am On Oct 27, 2018
I still did these for 5 years during my undergraduate days in futminna.... As fun or tedious it may look. You will at the end prefer to use Autocad to design when you are bern giving a whole city to plan and design....
I really missed those studio days.. Anyone in architecture or planning department will surely understand!
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by AfroMighty(m): 6:45am On Oct 27, 2018
Forherman:

What would've taken days to do can be done in an hour with a click of a mouse cool

And millions lost their jobs...
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by Nickymezor(f): 7:13am On Oct 27, 2018
Hmmm, interesting
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by haaryobhami: 10:48am On Oct 27, 2018
interesting
once again it's explorer the only sane person on nairaland after me.

keep u the good work sir

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by ogbiwa: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2018
Unfortunately Nigerian schools of Architecture still devote over 80% efforts into teaching students manual drafting while less than 20% is for computer aided drafting, meanwhile there's absolutely no architectural firm asking for your knowledge of manual drafting. Not moving adequately with the times is still a major reason why our institutions don't rank anywhere with other global institutions
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by hahn(m): 11:59am On Oct 27, 2018
AfroMighty:

And millions lost their jobs...

And the creators of autocad made millions smiley

1 Like

Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by youngelder(m): 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2018
Technology has really made a difference...
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by Gosj01(m): 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
Technology ti wa online thereby reducing tedious task.
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by bamirotola: 8:12am On Oct 28, 2018
Hmmm... Technology will soon take over human power... The question is won't it promote laziness? Would it affect our thinking and creative ability .... And won't it promote idleness ?
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by dangoteinlaw: 8:51am On Oct 28, 2018
bamirotola:
Hmmm... Technology will soon take over human power... The question is won't it promote laziness? Would it affect our thinking and creative ability .... And won't it promote idleness ?
promote laziness?? Are you kidding me or you are just insane With technology you can do 100X what you did with your hands in a very short time frame and even more efficiency. So you think the olden days of sudden visit and not calls is better that today with video calls?? Inshort crack heads like you is the reason I'm trying to avoid Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by bamirotola: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
promote laziness?? Are you kidding me or you are just insane With technology you can do 100X what you did with your hands in a very short time frame and even more efficiency. So you think the olden days of sudden visit and not calls is better that today with video calls?? Inshort crack heads like you is the reason I'm trying to avoid Nairaland

I hope one day you'd get smart enough to air your opinion without being abusive? I asked a question and its for the astutes here, not for depressed individuals like you looking for where to pour their problems... You need a psychologist and a psychiatrist! Cos I don't see how my question or opinion call for such insult from you... Get well soon bro
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by strenghtt: 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2018
wright brothers and other mechanical oriented inventor once did this.
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by strenghtt: 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
bamirotola:

I hope one day you'd get smart enough to air your opinion without being abusive? I asked a question and its for the astutes here, not for depressed individuals like you looking for where to pour their problems... You need a psychologist and a psychiatrist! Cos I don't see how my question or opinion call for such insult from you... Get well soon bro

Don't mind the fellow...maybe its the way they are brought up ( always abusing people to air their point )
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by Blakjewelry(m): 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2018
technology is great but in a way it is getting us lazy
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by maisauki: 4:01am On Oct 29, 2018
Forherman:

you'll use an hour to click a mouse
Forherman:

you'll use an hour to click a mouse
Re: Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before Autocad by iamrealdeji(m): 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
Oyinbos are very hardworking. only thing Blacks think of is getting rich overnight and digging out human skulls for rituals and that's the reason why black nations are extremely impoverished. You can never play God cos he works too,if God stops working today,we would all die

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Android Apps Of 2015 You Should Have Installed! / Nigerian Man Develops Electricity Generator That Is Powered By Water(photos) / $10 Million In Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarships!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.