Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

How To Make A Marriage Work When You Married Your Opposite - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Make A Marriage Work When You Married Your Opposite (567 Views)

How Do You Tell Your First Wife You Married Another Wife? / What Was Your Monthly Income When You Married? / Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make A Marriage Work When You Married Your Opposite by Samuelgr8: 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2018
I love my husband dearly, but in my opinion, he is wrong about so many things. Not because he actually is wrong – he is right more often than I love to admit – but because his way is not my way. If you know the Myers-Briggs Types, he is an ESTJ and I am an INFP, and if you are unfamiliar with these letters, it doesn’t matter. All you really need to know to understand where I am coming from is that there are only two choices for each of the four spots, and as you can see, my husband and I have not one in common.

My husband and I knew at the beginning of our relationship that our souls were made of divergent qualities, but we both had Christ. We figured that would be enough to smooth out our dueling opinions, preferred modes of operation, and warring habits when the honeymoon period wore off. Of course, we thought, God would enable us to be patient, sacrificial, and understanding, and we figured that would make all the difference when it came to compatibility.

That would have certainly been true if we had known how to follow God perfectly, but we didn’t. We still don’t, but things have changed for the better. Our marriage has been a blessing to us both, not in spite of our opposing characteristics, but often because of their complementation. It just took forgiveness after fights weighted with sin, counseling (a mediator), and a couple years to figure it out.

In attempts to spare others some of those quarrels which erupt when strong opinions collide, I give you five tips we have picked up along the way....see more

https://livelystones.com.ng/how-to-make-a-marriage-work-when-you-married-your-opposite/

Re: How To Make A Marriage Work When You Married Your Opposite by Samuelgr8: 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2018
Marriage is a blessing if understood by many who think otherwise grin grin grin cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

The Best Toy To Help Your Kids Grow- 07064412838 / New Dubai Imported Furniture's For Bulk Sale. / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.