Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) (48720 Views)

Airplane Runs Into Ditch During Takeoff In Lagos / No Survivor In Lekki Fatal Accident As Seven Youths Die / South African Student Missed The Russian Plane Which Crashed With No Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by emsco(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2018
MissJoy29:
Eeyah! So sorry. Please take heart.
Thanks my sister
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Focusmind: 11:11am On Oct 29, 2018
kingthreat:
May their souls rest in peace.
Nigerians learn from indonesians. Is any of them using a national tragedy to blame their president?

It shows a deep seated anger in Nigeria which sometimes result in transfer of aggression to the leadership by the people. That's what is worrying Nigeria. It is common where people lack the basic necessities of life.
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by biztip: 11:16am On Oct 29, 2018
its a pity

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by JOETITUS(m): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2018
Rest in peace for those that lived a good life
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by silibaba: 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2018
Blakjewelry:
sad way to go, not that there is any better way to die sha

there is a better way to die just lie on your bed and sleep off till eternity
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Johilo(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2018
What a world we're livin in...... Deaths everywhere... Hmmm may God see each and everyone of us through
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by djon78(m): 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2018
themanderon:
At times I ask myself this question "what is the meaning of life"? One moment you are here and the next thing you are gone never to be seen again by those you love and those who love you too. All the money, cars, houses, family, friends etc means nothing to you at this moment. Its you and just you alone. Hmmmm....

I have been on the edge of death before. Ever since then I don't fear death. My mantra is to enjoy each blessed day God has made me to see. Enjoy it to the maximum. That is my lot in life.
And as God blesses me to leave a legacy on the earth, by catering for the less privileged, prisoners, the sick etc
This to me is the beauty of life
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2018
Reference:

Actually the data is subjective. Yes they say planes are the safest and your humble automobile is the most hazardous means of transport. Indeed what goes for aircraft is compounded miles per incident. Yes planes travel very, very far before eventually falling out of the sky, but by every means do realise that there are a lot, a lot more cars carrying a whole lot more people on a daily basis round the world so you can excuse the horrendous figures.

But a point of note. The bulk of accidents are caused by human error in every transport segment so to lower the statistic and your chances of being involved in an accident, ply a means that has the largest number of passengers per unit operator. A car will typically 4 plus 1, a bus 14 to 90 plus 1, an aircraft 100 to 700 plus 2 to 3, a train typically 100 to 1000 plus 2 to 3, and the safest of them all, an ocean liner tyoically 2000 to 4000 plus 5 to 10 decision makers.

Transport safety is relative and subjective. Donot take the stats at face value. The devil is in the detail. When an aircraft goes down it literally makes waves.
You are very right! Had to do a little research to counter you especially when you said 'there are lot more cars carrying a lot more people around the world on a daily basis' but I saw you are right. Truly, safety is subjective although generally, air transportation is the safest.

Thanks for sharing!
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Explorers(m): 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2018
MissJoy29:

You are very right! Had to do a little research to counter you especially when you said 'there are lot more cars carrying a lot more people around the world on a daily basis' but I saw you are right. Truly, safety is subjective although generally, air transportation is the safest.

Thanks for sharing!

In Nigeria, every corner of a street, town, city there will be motor parks.

But a state will have only one airport serving how many people.

Use Lagos alone as an example, number of passengers, drivers in private cars, commercial buses, BRTs everyday and number of plane flying.

Most people cannot afford to fly.
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
Ranchhoddas:

According to a little research I just did, the fatality rates for train mishaps is about 0.43 per billion miles while it's 0.07 per billion miles for air disasters.

This is not very significant in the grand scheme of things and Lord knows I will feel more at peace on a train than I felt on my last flight.
Lol...you think so @bolded? Have you been on the really fast trains? I also have acute aviatophobia. Mine is so bad you have no idea. But, I know it's still the safest. Though you(I do too) feel more at peace when you are closer to the ground hence the preference for cars and/or trains, right?
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2018
Explorers:

In Nigeria, every corner of a street, town, city there will be motor parks.

But a state will have only one airport serving how many people.

Use Lagos alone as an example, number of passengers, drivers in private cars, commercial buses, BRTs everyday and number of plane flying.

Most people cannot afford to fly.
You are right too sir. That's what I told him I discovered.

But then again, let's not use Nigeria to compare these kind of things. Let's use developed countries. Because in Nigeria, aside Delta State, the few states that have airports have only one. Compare that with a state like California alone that has more airports than the ones in Nigeria combined! So you can imagine the passenger traffic. MMA Lagos which is the busiest in Nigeria looks dry in terms of number of take offs and landings compared to a whole lot of others.
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
emsco:
Thanks my sister
You are welcome sir.
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by CanineOfJackal: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2018
MissJoy29:

Eeyah! So sorry. Please take heart.
pls call me cos. your ETISALAT is not going. will leave by Wed
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
pls call me cos. your ETISALAT is not going. will leave by Wed
Ok...
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by frozen70(f): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
What a tragedy
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by CanineOfJackal: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2018
MissJoy29:
Ok...
Still waiting before I leave
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
Still waiting before I leave
My phone has been misbehaving dear. But I will this night. Please bear with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Businessman, Bona Okafor And Policeman Who Asked For His Particulars / Man Came Down From His Car And Started Dancing, After He Got Tired Of Traffic / Keke Driver Spotted With Overloaded Tricycle (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.