Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women (5509 Views)

Why Do Some Women Hate And Maltreat Their Househelps? / Why Do Some Women Prefer This Sitting Position When They Are On A Bike? / Why Do Some Women Get Pregnant After Family Planning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 29, 2018
Women are filing for divorce at a higher rate than men because, let’s face it, marriage is more likely to negatively impact women than men.

What Is It About Marriage That Causes Women Such Discontent?

1. Marriage does a number on women’s self-esteem.
Especially those women who choose to forego a career and become stay-at-home mothers. When you become financially dependent on a husband self-reliance and self-confidence flies out the window. Women is such situations begin to view their husbands as their only hope for a good future and themselves as someone who has nothing to offer.

These women lose their own image and replace it with that of a mother and wife whose role is to care for and about others before caring for and about themselves. They set high goals about their ability as mothers, homemakers and good wives. Goals that are hard to attain and when faced with not being able to meet those goals experience negative thinking about themselves and their abilities.

2. Women are not the captain of their own ship.
Let’s face it, men out earn women and if a woman is married to a man who out earns her, he will feel he has more power over marital decisions that are made.

Career women with children, even in this day and age, do the majority of the child rearing and housework. It is the wife who keeps the house running smoothly in spite of the fact that she also has a full-time job. When women have free time they focus on what needs to be taken care of at home.

When men have free time they focus on finding leisure activities to engage in.
Women are called “nags” when they ask for help from a husband and find that doing all herself is easier than suffering the wrath of a husband who feels that is “women’s work.”

3. Women expect too much from marriage.
Those expectations, when not met leave women feeling frustrated and resentful. Women want intimacy and autonomy, security and stimulation, reassurance and novelty, coziness and thrills. This isn’t possible.

Your contributions shall be appreciated

7 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 29, 2018
Sagamite your contribution will be appreciated
Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by postmann: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2018
Early mention on an early Monday morning. Gimme a jiffy I'll be right back.
Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2018
postmann:
Early mention on an early Monday morning. Gimme a jiffy I'll be right back.

You're back shocked
Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by CAPSLOCKED: 10:32am On Oct 29, 2018
CLASSIC.

MOST MEN HAVE THIS PROBLEM OF NOT LOOKING AT MARRIAGE FROM WOMEN'S POV.
THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT "OWNING" THE PROPERTY AFTER PURCHASE (BRIDE PRICE) AND HOW THE PROPERTY CAN SERVE AND SATISFY.

APART FROM MONEY THERE'S NOT MUCH A MARRIED MAN LOOSES BUT YOU CAN'T SAY THE SAME ABOUT WOMEN WHOSE LOSSES SOMETIMES CAN'T BE COUNTED.

BECAUSE OF SOCIETAL/FAMILY PRESSURE, AND THE WAY OUR YOUNG WOMEN IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD ARE PROGRAMMED, FROM THE EARLY STAGES THEY'RE EAGER TO GET MARRIED.
THEY YEARN FOR MARRIAGE BECAUSE ALL THEIR LIVES THEIR MOTHERS FOCUSED ON RAISING THEM TO END UP IN ANOTHER MAN'S HOUSE, AS A PROPERTY, TO COOK, CLEAN, SERVE, AND OBEY WITHOUT COMPLAINING BECAUSE HE'S THE MAN, AND THAT IS HOW THINGS SHOULD BE.
NOBODY TELLS THEM THE REALITY OF MARRIAGE THROUGH PRE-WEDDING PHOTOS AND WEDDING VIDEOS THAT ARE FEATURED ONLINE.

IT IS ONLY AFTER THE WEDDINGS AND MERRIMENT, THEY TAKE OFF THAT FANCY WEDDING DRESS, REALITY KICKS IN AND THEY DISCOVER THAT MARRIAGE IS BIGGER THAN THE FAKE SMILES AND HUGS ON WEDDING SOUVENIRS.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Seahawk: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2018
So then marriage favors men more than women.
everyone but the young girls who are being pushed into marriage knows this.
The trick is to bully and shame those girls who want otherwise into wanting marriage.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by ogawisdom(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2018
This issue of house chores, cooking and caring for a child is over flogged. 85% of women don't do it, it is done by house helps or maids while madam watch Nollywood from morning till night sometimes with gen esp the jobless ones getting fat like a cow. angry

The ones working dont do anything as the maid does all.

Marriage favours women more as all bills are paid by the man while living with the parasite called wife lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2018
ogawisdom:
This issue of house chores, cooking and caring for a child is over flogged. 85% of women don't do it, it is done by house helps or maids while madam watch Nollywood from morning till night sometimes with gen esp the jobless ones getting fat like a cow. angry

The ones working dont do anything as the maid does all.

Marriage favours women more as all bills are paid by the man while living with the parasite called wife lol

In which continent ? In Africa ?

Please be realistic for once..

I agree somehow only with the last part

7 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
CLASSIC.

THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT "OWNING" THE PROPERTY AFTER PURCHASE (BRIDE PRICE) AND HOW THE PROPERTY CAN SERVE AND SATISFY.

APART FROM MONEY THERE'S NOT MUCH A MARRIED MAN LOOSES BUT YOU CAN'T SAY THE SAME ABOUT WOMEN WHOSE LOSSES SOMETIMES CAN'T BE COUNTED.

BECAUSE OF SOCIETAL/FAMILY PRESSURE, AND THE WAY OUR YOUNG WOMEN IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD ARE PROGRAMMED, FROM THE EARLY STAGES THEY'RE EAGER TO GET MARRIED.
THEY YEARN FOR MARRIAGE BECAUSE ALL THEIR LIVES THEIR MOTHERS FOCUSED ON RAISING THEM TO END UP IN ANOTHER MAN'S HOUSE, AS A PROPERTY, TO COOK, CLEAN, SERVE, AND OBEY WITHOUT COMPLAINING BECAUSE HE'S THE MAN, AND THAT IS HOW THINGS SHOULD BE.
NOBODY TELLS THEM THE REALITY OF MARRIAGE THROUGH PRE-WEDDING PHOTOS AND WEDDING VIDEOS THAT ARE FEATURED ONLINE.

IT IS ONLY AFTER THE WEDDINGS AND MERRIMENT, THEY TAKE OFF THAT FANCY WEDDING DRESS, REALITY KICKS IN AND THEY DISCOVER THAT MARRIAGE IS BIGGER THAN THE FAKE SMILES AND HUGS ON WEDDING SOUVENIRS.

You, my friend, are a very wise fellow.

You speak realistic things every time like someone
blessed with wisdom from the gods.

13 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2018
Seahawk:
So then marriage favors men more than women.
everyone but the young girls who are being pushed into marriage knows this.
The trick is to bully and shame those girls who want otherwise into wanting marriage.

Yet most African women still see marriage as a top priority.

Even the young lads still in universities are already dreaming about marriage.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by 2buffagain(m): 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2018
Elder0001:
Sagamite your contribution will be appreciated

Saga is a prime MGTOW.
I don't think the bros sends marriage cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by 2buffagain(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
CLASSIC.

Women don't fantasize about "marriage".
They fantasize about the wedding. HER big day, where she can "stunt on those lonely hoes" and
"pepper dem". This is usually the sum perspective in most female minds when it comes to weddings.

They themselves could care less about thinking/planning about the life after said big day.
Very few women have forethought....as most men very quickly realize after she blames him for all bad outcomes after leaving sensitive things in her hands to plan for.

They have nothing but their ego and ignorance to blame for not preparing for the actual marriage itself.
And for those that know, the idea of being totally dependent on a man for everything is already something they are looking forward to.
It's like going back to her simpler teenage years where she does not feel the need to work anymore or think about bills because daddy is there.

Only this time, daddy has demands! (as he should)....and this shocks them for some reason. Maybe they thought he would just be a silent mugu paying her way through life, crawling out of the mines from time to time ONLY to give her kisses, feed her grapes, rub her feet and return back to the mines to make her more damn money! Brainless assumptions.

They get exactly what they planned for.

A sensible woman would have had firm conversations about these things with her fiance/boyfriend prior to marriage.
Addressing her concerns about these dynamics as listed/numbered in the opening post.
Does she have goals she intends to achieve AS WELL AS being a wife? Make sure you table it out as well as how you intend to go about it so it is clear. If you have no goals of your own, then enjoy the wife hussle. It's not easy for everyone. Husband too has wahala.

So you see, it is not the Man's fault....but the greater number of silly women who either take pride in their ignorance or in their mindset of arrested development and thus do not prepare themselves for LIFE after wedding.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by CAPSLOCKED: 7:01pm On Oct 29, 2018
Elder0001:
You, my friend, are a very wise fellow.
You speak realistic things every time like someone blessed with wisdom from the gods.
THANKS HUMBLE MAN, FOR THE GENEROUS WORDS. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by bukatyne(f): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2018
Elder0001:
Women are filing for divorce at a higher rate than men because, let’s face it, marriage is more likely to negatively impact women than men.

What Is It About Marriage That Causes Women Such Discontent?

1. Marriage does a number on women’s self-esteem.
Especially those women who choose to forego a career and become stay-at-home mothers. When you become financially dependent on a husband self-reliance and self-confidence flies out the window. Women is such situations begin to view their husbands as their only hope for a good future and themselves as someone who has nothing to offer.

These women lose their own image and replace it with that of a mother and wife whose role is to care for and about others before caring for and about themselves. They set high goals about their ability as mothers, homemakers and good wives. Goals that are hard to attain and when faced with not being able to meet those goals experience negative thinking about themselves and their abilities.

2. Women are not the captain of their own ship.
Let’s face it, men out earn women and if a woman is married to a man who out earns her, he will feel he has more power over marital decisions that are made.

Career women with children, even in this day and age, do the majority of the child rearing and housework. It is the wife who keeps the house running smoothly in spite of the fact that she also has a full-time job. When women have free time they focus on what needs to be taken care of at home.

When men have free time they focus on finding leisure activities to engage in.
Women are called “nags” when they ask for help from a husband and find that doing all herself is easier than suffering the wrath of a husband who feels that is “women’s work.”

3. Women expect too much from marriage.
Those expectations, when not met leave women feeling frustrated and resentful. Women want intimacy and autonomy, security and stimulation, reassurance and novelty, coziness and thrills. This isn’t possible.

Bukatyne ,eketem,crackhaus,capslocked,postmann,pcguru1,Jasonschoolari,acidosis

Your contributions shall be appreciated

Thanks for the mention.

The summary is that a number of women neither know themselves nor know what they want so any trousers that comes along fits fine until they have a sense of direction and it is too late because the man is dragging them in the opposite direction.

Ask most girls what they want to be and they are blank.

1. Before a woman gets married, she should know if she is open to becoming a housewife and if yes, for how long. She should also know what the man's stance on such matters are. I know a man who got a nanny and a maid so hid wife works. The wife wanted to stay at home yet hubby said she MUST work and no, he doesn't need the money. I know another man whose mother was picking from school everyday in senior school and he was looking forward to same i.e. a wife who is available to pick his kids from senior school. A woman looking forward to building a career will be frustrated marrying the second man; a woman who dreams of staying at home will be bitter with man one.
One must also be flexible and coachable.
A woman's self esteem is dependent on how she views herself and how her husband views her. I have seen women achieve so much under intense environs that you know that once you have the vision and passion, the sky is the stepping stone.

2. A woman is free to marry a man whom she earns more than. Again, if a man believes in traditional roles and the wife is insistent on working, she is on her own. What is each others outlook towards finances and chores? I agree that a number of wives have to juggle both tirelessly however if it is no longer convenient, she should speak out or show in her actions.
A lot of women are realizing the need for 'me time' and go to cinemas, spa, parties, neighbors houses, women meeting/fellowship etc. to refresh.

3. No idea of this point. A breakdown would be appreciated.

10 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2018
Nice points
Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by crackhaus: 7:35am On Oct 30, 2018
Elder0001:
Nice points
She already did justice to this, I can't muster the brain power right now to form an analysis of my own.

However I must note this - there isn't any worthy argument to be made between which gender gets negatively affected the most by marriage. I believe such discussions should be made on a case by case basis and not universally.
There are marriages where the men were most negatively affected, there are those where it's the women. There is also the issue of subjective perspective - a woman in a bad marriage will always blame her husband and consider herself more negatively affected, a man in a bad marriage will do the same thing.

What I'm more concerned about is why more people still get married when it seems there's no benefit..beats me.
I find a sense of relief seeing/meeting people who have enough originality and chutzpah to walk their talk.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 30, 2018
crackhaus:

She already did justice to this, I can't muster the brain power right now to form an analysis of my own.

However I must note this - there isn't any worthy argument to be made between which gender gets negatively affected the most by marriage. I believe such discussions should be made on a case by case basis and not universally.
There are marriages where the men were most negatively affected, there are those where it's the women. There is also the issue of subjective perspective - a woman in a bad marriage will always blame her husband and consider herself more negatively affected, a man in a bad marriage will do the same thing.

What I'm more concerned about is why more people still get married when it seems there's no benefit..beats me.
I find a sense of relief seeing/meeting people who have enough originality and chutzpah to walk their talk.

Marriage has many benefits for you guys living in Africa.

Only whites especially the men are becoming increasingly anti marriage.

Marriage rate in the US and EU has reduced to about 40%.

Who will get married when a woman can take you to the cleaners in a divorce ? And the old ,greedy and anti-man law called alimony
Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by ogawisdom(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2018
Elder0001:

In which continent ? In Africa ?

Please be realistic for once..

I agree somehow only with the last part

This is the case in most homes in Nigeria there is always a maid that does the work.

If u have any atom of sense you will know that i am painting the correct picture

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by crackhaus: 9:15am On Oct 30, 2018
Elder0001:

Marriage has many benefits for you guys living in Africa.

Only whites especially the men are becoming increasingly anti marriage.

Marriage rate in the US and EU has reduced to about 40%.

Who will get married when a woman can take you to the cleaners in a divorce ? And the old ,greedy and anti-man law called alimony
Like I noted in my previous post, discussions like these are best had on a case by case basis. Understand that, and you will understand everything else about marriage and who it negatively affects or benefits.
Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by postmann: 11:38am On Oct 30, 2018
Elder0001, I'm afraid your take on marriage as it affects the female gender is subjective to your personal perspective which unfortunately, is always tilted towards what's obtainable in other climes. But I won't blame you on that. It's a near nonexistence to find one whose outlook on most issues is completely unbiased.

With that in mind, let me address your views as expressed in your narrative;

Your opener "women are filing for divorce at a higher rate than men..." is based on research conducted in foreign climes and culture that is nonparallel to the locality which you hope to address. Here marriage is sought after like a precious treasure irrespective of the motive and expectations of the intended players. And yes, divorce is still viewed as a social stigma in this part of the world unlike in the climes from where you borrowed your narrative. You must understand the sociocultural differences in both climes and tailor your narrative accordingly.

Your point number 1 leaves me aghast. Most "progressive" thinkers like you fail to embrace the truth that the conservatives have a right to their choice just like you.

A woman who choose the honorable part of being a house wife, to tend the kids, look after the home and see to her Husband's needs is being ridiculed by your kind. She'd never feel insecure or have a lesser sense of self worth unless someone like you tell her she took a self-depreciating path.

Women who are fortunate enough to be house wives are the last line of defense against the sweeping assault besieging the family unit. They ought to be celebrated.

No amount of civilization can reverse the biological program that conditions women to look towards men for financial support. Even the few who are financially self reliant are by no means happier than those who depend on their man. Neither are women who out-earn their husband emotionally happy with the situation.

Let's just say man has always failed in his attempt at reversing nature.

@ point number 2;

Women were never designed from a perfect setup to be captain of their own ship. Not nature nor the CREATOR ever gave them that calling. Statistics backs me to pontificate that women find the greater joy when they help others (husband) achieve their dreams.

And no matter how evolved or smart we get, we just can't reverse nature. Career or not, a woman would still be required to do most of the house chores. She would even find her man less attractive if he does most of the chores.

The only good you can harvest from being a feminist apologist is verbal consent from your fellow emasculated men and a shrill chorus of approval from a bunch of no-good female recalcitrants. But when the mist is cleared reality paints a truer picture -- that feminism hasn't made women happier despite all the gains of gender equality.

@ number 3,;

Isn't much expected of man, to feed, clothe and protect his family? These he has been doing for centuries without complaining. So what's your point exactly?

There is gender expectations in marriage notwithstanding man's interpretation of civilization. The attempt by "progressives" as you to blur that line, to lump tasks and obligations aboard the marriage train without due regard to gender sensitivity -- with all the weakness and strength, pros and cons on both genders -- is the single biggest threat to the sustainability and preservation of the human race.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2018
ogawisdom:

This is the case in most homes in Nigeria there is always a maid that does the work.

If u have any atom of sense you will know that i am painting the correct picture

Why the insults ?

Too many kids on nairaland these days.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2018
postmann:
Elder0001, I'm afraid your take on marriage as it affects the female gender is subjective to your personal perspective which unfortunately, is always tilted towards what's obtainable in other climes. But I won't blame you on that. It's a near nonexistence to find one whose outlook on most issues is completely unbiased.

With that in mind, let me address your views as expressed in your narrative;

Your opener "women are filing for divorce at a higher rate than men..." is based on research conducted in foreign climes and culture that is nonparallel to the locality which you hope to address. Here marriage is sought after like a precious treasure irrespective of the motive and expectations of the intended players. And yes, divorce is still viewed as a social stigma in this part of the world unlike in the climes from where you borrowed your narrative. You must understand the sociocultural differences in both climes and tailor your narrative accordingly.

Your point number 1 leaves me aghast. Most "progressive" thinkers like you fail to embrace the truth that the conservatives have a right to their choice just like you.

A woman who choose the honorable part of being a house wife, to tend the kids, look after the home and see to her Husband's needs is being ridiculed by your kind. She'd never feel insecure or have a lesser sense of self worth unless someone like you tell her she took a self-depreciating path.

Women who are fortunate enough to be house wives are the last line of defense against the sweeping assault besieging the family unit. They ought to be celebrated.

No amount of civilization can reverse the biologically program that conditions women to look towards men for financial support. Even the few who are financially self reliant are by no means happier than those who depend on their man. Neither are women who out-earn their husband emotionally happy with the situation.

Let's just say man has always failed in his attempt at reversing nature.

@ point number 2;

Women were never designed from a perfect setup to be captain of their own ship. Not nature nor the CREATOR ever gave them that calling. Statistics backs me to pontificate that women find the greater joy when they help others (husband) achieve their dreams.

And no matter how evolved or smart we get, we just can't reverse nature. Career or not, a woman would still be required to do most of the house chores. She would even find her man less attractive if he does most of the chores.

The only good you can harvest from being a feminist apologist is verbal consent from your fellow emasculated men and a shrill chorus of approval from a bunch of no-good female recalcitrants. But when the mist is cleared reality paints a truer picture -- that feminism hasn't made women happier despite all the gains of gender equality.

@ number 3,;

Isn't much expected of man, to feed, cloth and protect his family? This he has been doing for centuries without complaining. So what's your point exactly?

There is gender expectations in marriage notwithstanding man's interpretation of civilization. The attempt by "progressives" as you to blur that line, to lump tasks and obligations aboard the marriage train without due regard to gender sensitivity -- with all the weakness and strength, pros and cons on both genders -- is the single biggest threat to the sustainability and preservation of the human race.

Open your eyes ... this is 2018 not 1883

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by carammel(f): 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
Elder0001:

3. [b]Women expect too much from marriage. [b/]
Those expectations, when not met leave women feeling frustrated and resentful. Women want intimacy and autonomy, pampering like babies and stimulation, reassurance and novelty, coziness and thrills. This isn’t possible.
This is so men, men expect too much (over-dependence) from their wives. The expectations, when not met, men tend to seek it outside matrimony.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Mizwisdom(f): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2018
In short nothing favors females here in Africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
carammel:

This is so men, men expect too much (over-dependence) from their wives. The expectations, when not met, men tend to seek it outside matrimony.

Your status makes no sense ,kid.
Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Uyi168: 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
2buffagain:

Women don't fantasize about "marriage".
They fantasize about the wedding. HER big day, where she can "stunt on those lonely hoes" and
"pepper dem". This is usually the sum perspective in most female minds when it comes to weddings.

They themselves could care less about thinking/planning about the life after said big day.
Very few women have forethought....as most men very quickly realize after she blames him for all bad outcomes after leaving sensitive things in her hands to plan for.

They have nothing but their ego and ignorance to blame for not preparing for the actual marriage itself.
And for those that know, the idea of being totally dependent on a man for everything is already something they are looking forward to.
It's like going back to her simpler teenage years where she does not feel the need to work anymore or think about bills because daddy is there. Only this time, daddy has demands!

They get exactly what they planned for.

A sensible woman would have had firm conversations about these things with her fiance/boyfriend prior to marriage.
Addressing her concerns about these dynamics as listed/numbered in the opening post.
Does she have goals she intends to achieve AS WELL AS being a wife? Make sure you table it out as well as how you intend to go about it so it is clear. If you have no goals of your own, then enjoy the wife hussle. It's not easy for everyone. Husband too has wahala.

So you see, it is not the Man's fault....but the greater number of silly women who either take pride in their ignorance or in their mindset of arrested development.
you have spoken well!
Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by postmann: 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
Elder0001:

Open your eyes ... this is 2018 not 1883

In other words you're trying to tell me that as the year progresses you seem to lose touch with the cardinal principles of lasting human values as they affect the society at large.

It's OK if you look longingly across the bridge to a life that appears glossy and attractive. If that's where your fantasy lies, then by all means set sail.

But it would be to you like a wave bolting down with great gust only to end up at the pebbled shore empty.

For many have threaded the path you seek but they found no satisfaction for their lustful and greedy souls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by 2buffagain(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
postmann:

In other words you're trying to tell me that as the year progresses you seem to lose touch with the cardinal principles of lasting human values as they affect the society at large.

It's OK if you look longingly across the bridge to a life that appears glossy and attractive. If that's where your fantasy lie, then by all means set sail.

But it would be to you like a wave bolting down with great gust only to end up at the pebbled shore empty.

For many have threaded the path you seek but they found no satisfaction for their lustful and greedy souls.

A lot of women these days are also not content just sitting down waiting for husband to bring them money...for good reason.
They are ambitious go-getters who make their bread and combine it with the man's to make bigger moves. Some of them are managers and successful entrepreneurs.
Are you saying these women do not deserve happiness because they are not dependent on some man's wallet?

Times have changed sah. Economies have changed...so much so that one source of income is increasingly becoming not enough to run homes and put children through quality education to give them a better chance at the future....talk less of then investing so you don't have to depend on said children in said future. In the old days, parents did whatever with the mind that when they grow old, they will depend on their children. This itself is not the expected norm today. You have to plan for yourself too. So you see, there are changes everywhere.

Adaptation is, and has always been, the key to human survival...not "this is how we've always done it". Tell that to Kodak.

Also the fact that she stays home to raise children, doesn't mean she should be financially idle. There are several PROVEN online businesses she can channel her ambition into from the comfort of her home (daytrading, ecommerce, internet marketting, etc)...as long as she has the ambition or brain to follow things through (don't marry a brainless woman).

The "power couple" route is generally the best way to go in this era.
Females can no longer afford to dull themselves....both for the good of the family they are building and for the good of themselves in case things go south in the future so they don't become a burden to extended family and children who may still be unstable in these rough economic climates!

This is not 1988 where as soon as you finish school you get multiple job offers with insane perks; jobs which instantly affords you a house (or gives you one for free). Is it business? Well markets are saturated and it takes pure grace to thrive in any endeavour today.
This is no longer the case anywhere on earth today and it will likely never be. My bible says things will only get worse as we advance in these last days.

So no, this your thinking sounds sweet, but it is for a by-gone era. Not this one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by postmann: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
2buffagain:

A lot of women these days are also not content just sitting down waiting for husband to bring them money...for good reason.
They are ambitious go-getters who make their bread and combine it with the man's to make bigger moves. Some of them are managers and successful entrepreneurs.
Are you saying these women do not deserve happiness because they are not dependent on some man's wallet?

Being ambitious is an old virtue and it's never been a crime. But it's benefits are measured by the sacrifices that was made to achieving such ambition.

Alas, for women most times it has to be little innocent children whose tender infant age are sacrificed to accommodate their ambition.

Irrespective of the politically correct cooperate media, career mothers and child rearing are oil and water that don't mix. One takes the back seat while the other gets the wheel. So your "manager and successful entrepreneurs" definition is as subjective as your pink-colourd binoculars.

2buffagain:

Times have changed sah. Economies have changed...so much so that one source of income is increasingly becoming not enough to run homes and put children through quality education to give them a better chance at the future.
Adaptation is, and has always been, the key to human survival...not "this is how we've always done it". Tell that to Kodak.

Also the fact that she stays home to raise children, doesn't mean she should be financially idle. There are several PROVEN online businesses she can channel her ambition into from the comfort of her home...as long as she has the ambition to follow things through.

Females can no longer afford to dull themselves....both for the good of the family they are building and for the good of themselves in case things go south in the future so they don't become a burden to extended family and children who may still be unstable in these rough economic climates!

This is not 1988 where as soon as you finish school you get multiple job offers with insane perks; jobs which instantly affords you a house. Is it business? Well markets are saturated and it takes pure grace to thrive in any endeavour today.
This is no longer the case anywhere on earth today and it will likely never be. My bible says things will only get worse as we advance in these last days.

So no, this your thinking sounds sweet, but it is for a by-gone era. Not this one.

What you failed to grasp is that women have always worked from the earliest civilization. They've never been idle. They've always done their bit keeping the home running with their financial contribution.

The only difference is that it never impacted on their ability to answer to their first calling -- motherhood!
Their work never dictated for them, they dictated for their work.

No one could give them a lousy 3month maternity leave or having to subject infants to daycare or employ nannies while they play the absentee moms.

Career always came second to the welfare and nurturing of the child.

Perhaps, your definition of adaptation is when mothers go to work 3 months after child birth while her child is being managed by a nanny and her breastmilk is being pumped away in the office restroom sink.

When mothers play the absentee mom and young children, even toddlers are raised like poultry birds in boarding schools. That's your definition of adaptation?

That's seems to me like an abuse of the grace to be a mother.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
2buffagain:

Times have changed sah. Economies have changed...so much so that one source of income is increasingly becoming not enough to run homes and put children through quality education to give them a better chance at the future.

Also the fact that she stays home to raise children, doesn't mean she should be financially idle. There are several PROVEN online businesses she can channel her ambition into from the comfort of her home...as long as she has the ambition to follow things through.

This is not 1988 where as soon as you finish school you get multiple job offers with insane perks; jobs which instantly affords you a house. Is it business? Well markets are saturated and it takes pure grace to thrive in any endeavour today.

He still lives in 1803

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Selina Tested Episode 23 (the Dead Of SIBI) / Do Women Like The Sight Of Another Woman's Breasts? / For All Your Kitchen Gadgets And More, Get In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.