Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,778 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog (3095 Views)

How To Get Google To Index Your New Website In 2019 - 11 Ways To Do It Instantly / Most Effective Ways To Do SEO For A New Website Or Blog / 3 SEO Big Mistakes To Avoid When Creating The Design For Your New Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by akeentech(m): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2018
If you find a blog theme or template that takes your breath away, calm down. Once you install a theme you really like, don’t be surprised if the theme doesn’t look quite right. Your theme is just a skeleton of your site or blog. To make it appealing, you will have to fill in content (text, photos, audio, videos, etc.).

Here’s a quick checklist for choosing your blog theme by searching within the blog dashboard:

#1. Read the description

Most of the themes come with a short description of functionality and features. By reading it, you should be able to have a rough idea if the theme matches your needs and requirements. Most of us usually forget to read the theme description; we only look at the design structure.

#2. Check for responsiveness

Aim for a responsive design that will work on both the mobile devices and the desktop browsers. This is very important as it’s recommended by Google.

Some blog theme or template only good with desktop browsers and not mobile friendly. And I bet it you won’t want your blog not to be mobile-friendly. This is of the most important checklist for choosing your blog theme.

#3. Check the ratings

There will be star ratings visible under theme details and in the preview to give you a clear idea how good the template or theme is. A good rating theme will definitely be an ideal theme for your blog design.

#4. Preview the theme

While checklist for choosing your blog theme preview the theme or template (demo) to get an idea of the overall layout, look and how customizable it is. Demo display is good way to know how eventually your blog will look like after the design.

There are three types of blog themes which are free themes, premium themes, and custom themes

Free themes: For most visionary novice or newbie bloggers, the world is not enough. The supply of free themes (with more than two thousand themes that are available on WordPress.org) does not satisfy their main or particular desire for feel and look.

There are other two options you can take a look at, custom themes and premium themes. However they incur a cost, sometimes a little one, at other times a huge amount of money.

Premium themes: Premium themes are created and developed by both single developers and dedicated showcase sites. The price varies for most types, the price for a single use licenses ranges from $25 to $1000, depending on which premium blog theme you choose for your blog.

Custom themes: Custom themes are created and developed by an individual developer (designer and coder, or agency) who will either create a brand new blog theme or customize an existing theme for you.

While coming with clear cut advantages, they are not the ideal choice for a newbie blogger due to their high cost. Prices to customize a theme range from $200 to $2,000, depending on the features you want for your theme.

Source: https://www.akeentech.com/checklist-for-choosing-your-blog-theme/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by akeentech(m): 8:47am On Oct 29, 2018
happy new week guys
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by Adheemoh(f): 6:15am On Oct 30, 2018
Aim for a responsive design that will work on both the mobile devices and the desktop browsers. This is very important as it’s recommended by Google.

2 Likes

Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by akeentech(m): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2018
Custom themes are created and developed by an individual developer (designer and coder, or agency) who will either create a brand new blog theme or customize an existing theme for you.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-make-1-000-every-day
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by tuhamworld: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2018
Adheemoh:

Anyone using AMP on their WordPress site here?
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by akeentech(m): 7:07am On Oct 31, 2018
Good morning Lalasticlala
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by akeentech(m): 7:30am On Oct 31, 2018
tuhamworld:

Why do you ask
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by Gosj01(m): 6:35am On Dec 01, 2018
Great stuff.

I sell good and clean laptops that you can use for coding, web design and heavy graphics creation, editing etc. more in signature.
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by MrSix: 6:36am On Dec 01, 2018
Naija websites way na only gossips them dey carry.

Abeg, I sell Grade1 USA used Laptops
Nation wide delivery
Chat me up, details in signature
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by Ruddyman(m): 6:54am On Dec 01, 2018
Every theme now is by default responsive....or who creates un-responsive theme at this AGE AND TIME?

1 Like

Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by JBLivestream(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2018
Nice one Akeen cool
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by JBLivestream(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2018
tuhamworld:

I do.
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by magictonic(m): 8:10am On Dec 01, 2018
great stuff
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by JBLivestream(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2018
akeentech:

thanks bro
No mention am grin
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by bravomd(m): 9:38am On Dec 01, 2018
So I just created a group for like minded bloggers that really what to making it big with Adsense blogging and ranking high on search.

All info given in this group is free. No selling of info

Join the webmaster and bloggers whatsapp group using the link below or message me on Whatsapp with number on my signature I'll add you

https://chat. whatsapp.com/Elw7Qmw2avIHOT1Ufr68uG
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by zeanslim(m): 9:42am On Dec 01, 2018
Good stuff, very informative.
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by Oluwa4u(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2018
Blogging is be tidious i must say u guys are really trying

Meanwhile my blog and adsense account for sale at a cheap priceWhatsApp me on.0815 486 1294here
Re: How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog by kingsleyugo41(m): 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
Blogging is the way

(1) (Reply)

Join Nairaland Forum And Make Money While Creating Topics And Posts. / Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! / $0.99 .com Promo Code For Godaddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.